~Final~

Beautiful Mistake

Beautiful Mistake

~Final~

                I impatiently tapped my foot on the concrete sidewalk, as I leaned my back on the side of a luxurious car. I looked at my wrist watch and sighed. I was supposed to meet someone here at ten sharp, but it was now ten-thirty.  I placed my hands on my hips and sighed once more. I wanted to be home at eleven o’clock, but that didn’t seem very possible at the moment.

                “See you later, Kai.”

                My head snapped up. I tried to hide the irritation in my face and voice.

                “Mr. Kim, I’ve be—”

                I stopped mid-sentence when I saw his face. My heart pounded against my chest. It was the Kim Kai . . . Kim Jongin.

                “Sorry, Miss. I—”

                He also stopped when he saw me. He silently scoffed and crossed his arms.

                “It’s you?” he sounded so disgusted. “I guess this is what you had to resort to huh?” he smirked. “You used to be so full of yourself. But then you went ahead and got yourself pregnant.”

                He was mocking me. And it was making my blood boil.

                He looked me up and down. I had the urge to punch that smirk off his face.

                “You’re nothing now. Just a little substitute driver.”

                I clenched my fists, digging my nails deep into my skin. I had to keep calm, or I would lose my job.

                “Get in the car, Mr. Kim. You’re intoxicated. You need to be home. We’re already thirty minutes late,” I said through clenched teeth.

                Jongin snorted.

                “Of course, Mrs. Byun. Wait," he laughed. “I mean Miss Ahn,” he bowed, mocking me again. Sorry, I forgot that you didn't get married to the guy that knocked you up."

                I took in a deep breath and slowly exhaled. Just an hour, I told myself. I would just have to put up with him for thirty more minutes, then I would be home in an hour. Back home to my precious Joon. I wondered what he was doing at the moment. He was probably forcing himself to stay awake. He was probably crying. He was probably wondering where I was.

                Jongin slowly made his way towards his car. I opened the door to the back seat. He waved his finger back and forth in front of my face.

                “Nu-uh. Not there, honey. I wanna sit in the front.”

                I wanted to knee him in his family jewels so hard at the moment. I was bottling up all of my pride and emotions. I was afraid that that bottle would break. I closed the door and opened the one to the passenger seat. He got in after shooting me a half-smirk, half-smile. I scoffed and slammed the door shut. I ran to the driver’s side and got in.

                “In a hurry, are we?” his deep voice asked.

                He sounded so out of it, but for some reason it sounded like it was an act. Kim Jongin. The Jongin that I knew, didn’t like to drink. But, it’s been years since I last met him. He could have changed. He probably had a family of his own.

                I put on my seatbelt and glared at him.

                “Your seat belt,” my voice was cold.

                “You want it?” he asked playfully.

                I rolled my eyes.

                “Put your goddamn seatbelt on, Kim Jongin."

                “Ha! Kim Jongin? I haven't heard anyone call me that in a long time,” he glared at me. “So don't you start.”

                “I can do whatever the hell I want, Kim. Jong. In,” I growled as I shoved the key into the car.

                The car came to life. I put it in drive and got onto the road. It was quiet. I hoped that Jongin had fallen asleep. I glanced over at him. He was texting someone on his phone. I rolled my eyes and focused them back onto the road.

                The silence continued. I hoped that it would stay quiet the entire ride.

                I hoped too soon.

                “So, what's the name of the illegitimate child?”

                I clenched the steering wheel. My grip was so hard that my arms began to shake.

                “It's none of your business.”

                He scoffed.

                “So, what have you been up to? Regretting getting knocked up by Baekhyun and me dumping you? ”

                I rolled my eyes

                “I believe that it was I that dumped you,” I said.

                He laughed.

                “It sounds so better the other way around.”

                “Why, does it hurt your pride that I cheated on you with Baekhyun?” I smirked.

                I could see him clench his jaw. I bit my lip as I cried inside.

                I'm so sorry.

                “Nah, I'm happy that my best buddy showed me your true colors,” his hurt voice was sugar coated.

                “He's better in bed than you.”

                “How do you know? I heard that you were drunk.”

                I scoffed.

                “You hear a lot of things,” I swerved to the right.

                “I paid extra,” he suddenly said.

                My eyes widened as my head snapped to the side.

                “What?”

                “I said I paid you extra. I had some money transferred into your bank account just now.”

                I had the urge to laugh.

                “Excuse me? It's almost midnight, and you don't even know the number to my bank a—”

                “I have my connections, Inhye,” he smirked. “In return, how about you spend the night at my place? You don't seem to have problems with sleeping with other men, so how about you remind me how good you—”

                “Are you out of your mind?” I yelled.

                I slammed on the breaks and bore my eyes into the head. My phone buzzed. The smirk on his lips grew. I exhaled and pulled out my phone. I had a text message from my boss.

                Do whatever he says. He paid 100 million won for you. He also donated a lot of money to the company. Don't make me fire you. I know that you need this money, Inhye. Don't starve Joon.

                I could feel my eyes water out of pure anger.

                “Aww, are you touched? Or is that not enough money—”

                “I'm not a e,” I said under my breath.

                “What? It was a big mistake that I slept with you in the past. We were just hormonal teenagers. But, now” Jongin smiled, obviously happy that he was getting me riled up.

                “I'm not a freaking e!” I screamed in his face.

                He scoffed and began my cheeks. I slapped his hands away, disgusted.

                “You sure did act like one in the past. I heard that you slept with a lot of men back then. Ha, is your child even Baekhyun's?”

                SLAP.

                I couldn't take it anymore.

                Sticks and stones may break my bones, but the words he spoke would forever scar me. My scars that would never ever fade away.

                “I hate you, Kim Jongin. I'm glad your mother made me leave you.”

                I got out of his car and slammed the door. I didn't care that we were in the middle of nowhere. I just wanted to get away from him as fast as I could. Tears began to trail down my cheeks. I could hear Jongin get out of his car and run after me. He grabbed onto my shoulder and turned me around. A street light illuminated parts of our faces.

                “What did you say?” he asked with furrowed eyebrows.

                I laughed through my tears. Pain flashed through his eyes.

                “You heard me. Your mother made me leave you.”

                “W—”

                I pushed his hand away and began running my way home. I couldn't take it anymore.

~~~

[One Week Later]

                I sat in the living room, cradling Joon in my arms as he slept. He was four years old, yet he still acted like a little baby. The playing of the TV began to lullaby me to sleep. It was already ten o'clock.

                I stared at my bank book that was settled on the coffee table. 100 million won. I really did have that amount in my bank account. But, I wasn't going to keep it. Just knowing that having that money, disgusted me. It's been a week since I last met him. It's been a week since I quit that job. I wasn't going to work for people that sold me.

                BAM!

                I jumped and looked forwards. The front door slammed opened, revealing a dark silhouette, making their way into my home. I gasped and clutched onto Joon that was now awakening. I stood up and began to take steps towards the kitchen. Adrenaline pumped throughout my body.

                “W-Who are—”

                My eyes widened as the figure came into the light.

                “Jongin,” I whispered.

                “Mm, mommy,” Joon groaned.

                It was Jongin. His face was flooded with pain and regret. His eyes were red and puffy. Dark circles hung below his dark brown orbs.

                “M-My baby?” he asked as he looked at Joon.

                My eyes doubled in size.

                “W-What are you talking about?”

                Tears began to build up in his eyes. He looked up at me with a pained expression. It broke my heart. He knew. He knew everything. My eyes watered. No it wasn't supposed to happen like this. It was never supposed to happen.

                “Why didn't you tell me?” he sounded so broken.

                “Jongin,” I whispered.

                “Mommy,” Joon groaned as he fully awakened.

                “Why did you lie to me?” Jongin asked.

                “Jongin.”

                “Is my career more important than my family?” he screamed.

                I jumped. Joon looked at Jongin.

                “Mommy, who's that?”

                Jongin and Joon met eyes. Jongin softened and forced a smile.

                “Baby, it's daddy.”

                “Dad . . . dy?” Joon asked slowly.

                I bit my lip.

                Jongin. My Jongin.

                “Baby, go to your room. Mommy has to talk to Mr. Kim, okay?” I set him down.

                Joon nodded and ran off to his room. I watched him close his door. Once he did, two strong arms wrapped around me.

                “I'm so sorry,” he whispered into my ear.

                I shook my head as my tears began to fall.

                “I-I—”

                “My mom told you to lie to me. My mom told you to leave me and say that you had Baekhyun's baby. She made me think you cheated on me. She made me hate you. Sh—”

                 I turned around and pressed my lips onto his. His face was soaking with his tears, as well as mine. This kiss was so full of pain, regret, longing, and love that never died. We both pulled away from the kiss and rested our foreheads together. We stared at each other in the eyes.

                “I'm sorry. I-I didn't want your mother to get angry at you. She would have kicked you out—”

                “I rather live on the streets with you and my baby than live there.”

                “Jongin.”

                “Don't say anything. I thought about everything for a whole week. I'll never ever let you go again. That was the biggest mistake in my life. I won't make it again.”

                “I thought you said that sleeping with me back then was a big mistake,” I said softly.

                He shook his head and kissed me again.

                “Creating our baby was a beautiful mistake that I would be glad to make over and over again.”


Author's Note:

Yeah . . . so I hope you liked it! ^~^

Thank you so much for reading, subscribing, and upvoting!

I'm sorry if this story was too short or not to your liking!

I'll try my best to become a better writer in the future!

<3 Nubci4