Lockers to Spider-People

Lockers to Spider-People
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Frustration was evident in Jongdae’s face as he attempted to enter his combination into the lock- again. He was no longer certain how many attempts he had made to open the locker but the damn thing just didn’t seem to want to open.

Jongin watched on from a few feet away, his gaze flicking from the number of the locker (114, his birth date, how much easier could it be to remember?) to the shorter male who was once again entering the combination into Jongin’s lock. He had to admit, it was a bit amusing to watch the other struggle seeing as each failed attempt led to fingers sliding through hair- possibly even ruffling it- before making another attempt. The other’s hair had gone from perfectly styled to a ruffled mess before Jongin’s very eyes.

Swallowing thickly, Jongin straightened his back in an attempt to gather his courage. Normally, he was the type to let others speak to him first and then he’d reply in kind. (So sue him, he was more than a bit shy; even if he had become increasingly aware of the looks he received when walking the halls these days.) Yet today was going to be the day he it up- seeing as his options were talk to the other boy or go to class late, and he didn’t want to sit through detention just because he was shy.

Stepping up to the shorter male, he stopped short when the other finally exclaimed, “Why won’t it work?!” Jongin decided this was his opportunity, “Uhm… excuse me? Sunbae..?” He offered softly, he was pretty sure he had seen the elder seated with his neighbor (Kyungsoo) during their lunch break (Jongin sat with his friend Sehun and Sehun’s current boyfriend- Zitao), “This… this is my locker.” He pauses to point out the number, “114. Same as my birthday.” He admitted softly, watching as the other’s eyes widened considerably.

"I’m so sorry! It must be because they’re in the same spot of their rows, sorry. It doesn’t help that I’m feeling a bit out of it." The older of the two rambled a bit, his voice much louder than Jongin had been anticipating.

"I-It’s okay… I just thought you should know why it wasn’t working…" the younger admitted softly, his gaze dropping sheepishly.

"Thanks, I appreciate it." The words were only half true, he really only appreciated the other had kept him from wasting anymore time on the locker. As he stepped to the side to go to the next set of lockers (they were in sets of seven and Jongdae’s was 121), the elder paused and looked at the taller male, "My name is Jongdae, by the way. I’ll see you around…?" He paused and waved a hand to prompt the younger for his name.

A name which was provided after a pause, “Oh-uh! J-Jongin!”

"Jongin. I’ll see you later." Jongdae gave the taller a seemingly knowing smile before heading down the hall a few feet and going to his own locker, silently admitting to himself that Jongin- despite his shy behavior- was definitely pleasant to look at.

~*~

"Hey SatanSoo!" Jongdae exclaimed brightly as he sat down at their usual lunch table with Baekhyun and Chanyeol, "I have a question for you." He continues quickly, even as Kyungsoo grumbles how that was not his name. "You know a kid named Jongin, right?"

Hearing his neighbor and friend’s name from Jongdae gave Kyungsoo pause, as far as Kyungsoo was aware neither of them knew one another, “Yeah, why? What’s up?”

"What can you tell me about him?" Came the enthusiastic question as Jongdae leans forward slightly, almost conspiratorially- leaving Baekhyun and Chanyeol curious as to what just happened.

~*~

Jongin nearly stumbled when Kyungsoo suddenly came up beside him in the hallway on the way to his last class. “Hyung!” He exclaimed softly in surprise- a greeting that Kyungsoo was quick to wave off lazily.

"Hey, Jongin. So… you busy after school today?" Came the all-too-casual question from his neighbor, but Jongin (not only eternally shy, but also terribly oblivious) simply shook his head lightly. "Great! Meet me by the gate after school. We’re going to hang out, alright?"

Even though Kyungsoo’s tone was light and surprisingly cheery, there seemed to be an ‘or else’ threat lying there unspoken, “O-okay, hyung.”

~*~

"Jongin! It’s nice to see you again!" Jongin looked up from his phone, surprised, as he found the face that belonged to the voice, "Jongdae-ssi..?"

"That’s my name!" Came the bright reply as he tugged Jongin down slightly and wrapped his arm around the taller’s shoulders. "So, you’re coming with to Kyungsoo’s, right?"

Jongin didn’t realize that Kyungsoo’s invite meant for him to meet the elder’s friends- Jongin wasn’t sure he was ready for that. But Jongdae’s arm was wrapped tight around him and Jongin was positive the other wouldn’t be letting him go anytime soon, “I… y-y-yeah…?”

"Perfect! I was ju-"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter