- Foreword.

「blue tape」
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Look beyond what you see.

 

 

“Much of the old town district of Chania was developed around its harbor, which was built by the Venetians during the 14th century. Its lighthouse still proudly overlooks the Mediterranean. Here you’ll find several cinemas and historical attractions like the Archaeological Museum, a collection of Minoan and Roman artifacts that’s housed in the former Monastery of Saint Francis. Word nerds will especially enjoy the Museum of Typography.” Their tour guide, a bold middle aged man with too much sunscreen on, laughed obnoxiously at something only he found funny as he ignored the bored expressions on the Korean tourists’ faces. “Chania includes the old and new city. It is one of the most beautiful and picturesque cities in Greece and for food lovers, it's a paradise!”

“After Arabs and Byzantines it was conquered by Venetians in 1252 and was given to Turks in 1669, later it was annexed to the rest of the Greek State on December 1913 under the administration of Eleftherios Venizelos and King Konstantinos the 1st. The old town is an integral settlement with—“ Blah blah blah, Chanyeol couldn’t care less about some city’s ancient, long forgotten history at the moment. He felt like he was suffocating, he hated every second of this family get together as his mother liked to call it. It was an actual living horror movie for Chanyeol.

His older sister kept taking pictures of his miserable face; a wide grin, almost identical to his usual bright one, on display.

“Yura noona stop it!” The dark brown-haired male got nothing but the sound of the camera snapping a new picture of his irritated face as a reply for his desperate request.

“Oh and the atmosphere is always warm in Chania, but fierce heat waves are not very common so don’t you worry folks!” The tour guide singsonged with a creepy smile on his wrinkled face; like it was great news or something.

“I hate it here! Take me home!” Chanyeol was pretty aware that he was acting like a five-year-old, but he honestly couldn’t help it, he loathed nothing more than family trips. Especially since this year he planned wholeheartedly on going to Tokyo along with some of his college friends, but ended up not going because of this. It really not going to Japan.

“Mom! I said I want to go home!” His mother laughed it off, ignoring her son’s existence completely. “Mom!!” The dark brown-haired male whined again, while stomping his foot on the ground childishly.

“Here son, take this camera and stop wasting your time. We’re not sending you back so don’t even try.” His father said as he handed him a white polaroid camera with a bright smile.

“Fine.” Chanyeol’s father patted his back before quickly following their middle-aged guide’s steps and leaving his grumpy son behind.

As Chanyeol placed the camera in front of his big eyes; a beautiful scenery of the city’s harbor met his sight. It was mind blowingly beautiful if Chanyeol had to be honest. But his blast was shortly cut when the breathtaking view got replaced by his sister’s wide forehead.

“Yah! Yura noona what are you doing?” His sister simply chuckled before answering.

“Take a picture of me Chanyeollie, I make a hella good model don’t you think?” Chanyeol glared at his annoying older sister before his face broke into a lopsided smirk.

“Yeah, you do noona. You’d make a hella good circus model. You’ll have a bright future in that domain sis, good for you.” Yura snorted with a glare shortly before punching her younger brother’s arm harshly and storming away towards Baekbeom and Jongdeok.

Chanyeol then remembered that he wasn’t alone in this unbarred prison; he had two idiots, he called best friends for some reason, who came along with him with their families as well.

Byun Baekhyun and Kim Jongdae.

Just like Chanyeol came here (forcefully) with his parents and older sister, Baekhyun and Jongdae came with theirs as well. His shorter friends didn’t have annoying sisters like he di

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter