Replacement

Once Upon A Me & You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter One
your name - school 2015 ost jonghyun and taemin

(2nd)

You sipped your bubble tea for the umpteenth time since you got to the café. Your were already half way done with the drink and your best friend still hasn’t even arrived yet. Letting out a sigh, you checked the time on your phone. 5:36. He was late by 6 minutes and you have been waiting for 24 minutes already. Well, technically it was your fault you were waiting for so long since you got here earlier than the time the two of you agreed on meeting. You weren’t mad or anything, not at all, you were just very impatient and excited. You haven't seen him in what seems like forever, and you couldn’t wait to see his dorky face again.

When you heard the bell of the café door ring, you felt a part of you get excited and perked up as you looked across the café at the door, like a little puppy when it hears a bush rustling. You felt your hope get crushed when you saw that it wasn’t your best friend, but some guy wearing a suit and bowtie with a brief case in his hand. Once again you sighed and checked the time on your phone. You were just about to text him, scolding him to hurry up and complain that he was taking forever and that you wanted to see him, when the bells of the café door rang once more.

Gaining that feeling of hope back, you looked up and faced the door again. This time instead of having your hopes thrown off a cliff again, you felt it sore when you saw a familiar face. He was panting a little, and you guessed he ran here. When he made eye contact with you, his face lit up like a Christmas tree. You, too, couldn’t stop yourself from smiling and squealing like an idiot.

“Ri-Rina?” Jongdae voiced out softly, but loud enough for you to hear.

“Oppa,” You breathed out, a smile still plastered on your face. Not caring if you attracted attention, you got off your seat and ran across the semi crowded café and towards the boy. Jongdae grinned and held his arms out wide open, giving you access to leap into them. Just like those dramatic and cliché dramas, you jumped straight into his arms, giving him a big and warm hug. You wrapped your petite arms around his neck as your legs were wrapped around his waist. You basically looked like a Koala, clinging onto him like that,  and you honestly didn’t care if people were staring at you guys like a bunch of crazy people, you just couldn’t hide the fact that you missed him so much. The last time you saw each other, the two of you were playing pretend and sharing cookies and milk during recess. Well actually, the two of you seperated in like, the 7th grade, but your memory of him was something like that.

Jongdae on the other hand couldn’t stop smiling as well. He, too, was clinging onto you, his arms wrapped securely around your waist. He missed your hugs and feeling your petite body close to his. Nothing has really changed in the past 6 years. You were just how he remembered you, that cute, innocent, smiley little girl who brought a ray of sunshine wherever you went. You still gave off that same aura you did 6 years ago.

“Oh my gosh, I missed you so much.” You whispered.

Jongdae chuckled as he caressed your soft hair, “I missed you too.”

After what seemed like forever, you got off of the boy, going back on your feet once again. You then slapped him on the arm, “What took you so long? Do you know how impatient I was getting?” You scolded him softly with a pout on your face.

The boy laughed as he swung his arm around your shoulder as you both walked to the table you were sitting at before he got here. “I’m sorry, my roommates didn’t let me leave until I helped them rearrange the living room.”

“Wow,” You voiced, “So you’d rather spend time with furniture than to spend time with me. Oh, okay, I see how it is.”

“Well of course, furniture is much more exciting that you.” Jongdae casually replied.

You just laughed and hit him on the arm. You two were close enough to joke around with each other like that. You spend too much time talking to Jongdae, that his sassiness started to rub off on you, except that you are only sassy to the master himself and to no one else.

Jongdae pouted and rubbed his arm, the spot where you whacked. “Well, I still see you’re a hitter.”

You shrugged with a cheeky grin on your face, “Yeah, the habit never died down.”

“But one thing did change about you.” He mentioned. “You got a lot stronger.”

“Hey, what can I say?” You said with a proud smile. “I’m a woman now.”

Jongdae let out a laugh and scoffed, “Yeah, but you didn’t grow as much. What are you, still 5ft tall?”

You gasped in offense, “Hey, you’re not that tall for a boy, too, you know! And for your information, I am 5’2, thank you very much.” The both of you shared a fit of laughter, your loud voices invading the café.

“So how are you, Rina?” He suddenly asked. “How was 6 years living without me?”

“It was great!” You answered enthusiastically, and when you saw the ‘hurt’ look on Jongdae’s face,  you giggled. “I’m kidding! It was horrible and I missed you a whole bunch. Oh, and I’m good, thanks for asking.” You offered him some of your bubble tea, and when he took the drink from you hand and took a sip, you asked him the same question. “How about you, Mr. Jongdae? Or do people still call you Chen?”

He laughed and nodded his head, “Yup, I’m still living up to that Funky Chen Chen life.”

You exploded into laughter at his dorky answer. “You’re such a nerd. Do you still sing?”

“Of course! Is that even a question?” He answered without a hesitation. “In my opinion, I improved a lot.” He told her with a proud grin on his face.

You grinned back and took your drink back from him. “Great, so you can still sing to me whenever there’s a thunderstorm.”

“Just like old times.” Jongdae smiled at the flashbacks that started to play in his head.

“I can’t wait to hear you again.” You shamelessly admitted. “You were so good the last time I heard you.”

A smirk formed on the boy’s face, “Well then you better pray that there will be a thunderstorm soon, because that is the only time I will sing to you.”

You gasped and a pout formed on your lip, “Wha- Why?! That’s not fair!”

“I’m kidding!” He laughed, ruffling your hair, messing it all up. Just like what he would do when the two of your were little. "But I am majoring in music so-"

"Oh, me too!" You exclaimed excitedly.

Jongdae looked at you shocked but at the same time happy. "What, really? Since when were you so into music? When we were six, you sang like a dying walrus."

You gasped in offense, "Hey I developed some talent within those 6 years, okay?" You informed him.

"But of couse, you're not as good as me." He smiled cockily.

You rolled your eyes and smiled. He really didn't change throughout the years. He was cocky then and cocky now. "Of course not. No one is better than Funky Chen."

He let out a laugh and nodded his head, "Exactly. So, did you stop by the dorms yet?”

“Yup! The rooms are bigger than what I expected.” You replied as you smoothened out your messed up hair.

Jongdae chuckled and nodded his head, “I know, right? I was shocked about that, too. How are you roommates? Are you satisfied with them?”

“Yeah, they're great.” You replied without hesitation. “I mean, the moment I opened the door they welcomed me like a family. They’re really nice and sweet and they seem really easy to get along with.”

“Ah, that’s good.” He bobbed his head up and down. He remembers how in middle school, it had always been hard for you to make friends because of how shy and insecure you were. It seemed that now you are more outgoing than you were in the past.

“What about you?” You asked. "You like your roommates, too?"

The boy stretched a little in his seat before answering his question. “Well, I was lucky enough to dorm in with some of my best friends from high school.”

You gasped when you heard the words ‘best friends’ and looked at him with a hurt expression on your face,  “I was replaced?”

Your words sent him laughing, knowing that you were just kidding. “Of couse not, no one could ever replace you." He said, equally as dramatic as you. "No, but you should meet them. They’re really

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter