Baby Don't Cry

Don't Cry

I sat and watched as EXO rehearsed their songs once again on-stage.  The night before they were practicing so hard and making sure that everything was ready and perfect for today.  They all work so hard and I couldn't be more proud of them. 

After they had finished with their rehearsal, they all headed backstage to start preparing.  I walked to the backstage area and watched as some of them got their hair and make-up done first while the others went to change. 

I spotted my love and walked up to his back and slipped my arms around his torso just before he sat down in the chair.  He removed my arms from his body and pulled me around the chair and made me sit in his lap. 

"Aren't I heavy?" I asked and looked down at him. 

"Who said you're heavy?  You're as light as a feather," he replied and kissed my cheek. 

"Oh, stop you."  I playfully slapped his chest. 

"It's true."  He smiled and kissed me on the lips this time. 

As we stared into each other's eyes lovingly, I suddenly felt his hand that was on my thigh twitch.  I broke the eye contact and looked down to his hand, then back up to his face.  My happiness suddenly turned into a worried mess.  He continued to smile at me though as if it was nothing. 

"Have you gone to check it out yet?" I asked. 

He hesitated for a second and let his eyes dart to everything in the room before answering me.  "N-not recently..." he mumbled. 

"Oppa," I said and got off of him. 

He held my held my hand and softly rubbed his thumb on the back of my hand.  I brought up my other hand to my face and wiped away a small tear that was about to fall.  Kai has had a problem with his waist and spine for a while, so now it's affecting his other body parts.  I've kept on telling to go to the doctor to go and check it out and rest up or else consequences could end up being bad.  Still he says it's nothing, but that's what's worrying me so much. 

I tried taking my hand away from him, but he just gripped onto me tighter.  "Jongin," his name escaped my lips and I had to wipe another tear away. 

Kai got up from the chair even though his stylist wasn't close to being done and pulled me into a hug.  Then he leaned backwards to wipe away my tears for me.  "Don't cry, okay?  I'll be fine.  Don't worry about me," he said while moving my hair away from my face.  I sighed and nodded my head.  He kissed the top of my forehead and made me sit back down on his lap again.  As his stylist continued to get him ready, I let my head rest on his shoulder. 

Soon I felt him lift me up bridal style and carry me somewhere.  I raised my head and looked up at him.  "Oh, I thought you were sleeping," he said with a small smile.  I shook my head and cuddled closer to his chest. 

He set me down gently on the leather couch that they had in the dressing room and went to change.  Kai came back after a couple minutes with his shirt  only half buttoned and a golden jacket in hand.  I giggled and sat up straight to fix his shirt. 

"Yah, what are you trying to do to me?" I asked and buttoned his last button up.  He just smirked and kneeled down in between my knees and planted a long, loving kiss on my lips. 

Finally, it was time for them to go up on stage.  We could hear all their fans chanting every single one of their names constantly.  The energy was amazing coming from them and I bet all the guys could feel it, too.  I watched from behind as they did their usual "fighting" method before going and standing on a platform that would bring them up to the stage. 

I was smiling as I watched them perform from the side.  Everything seemed to be going well until they started to perform Growl.  I noticed that there was only eight of them dancing on-stage and got worried.  I knew Tao was already hurt and couldn't do all stages, but all of a sudden I couldn't spot my love. 

Immediately I rushed backstage in search for him.  Soon I found him sitting on the couch holding his right hand with so many people surrounding him.  It was so hard to get through everyone.  I had to literally push them out of the way just to get to him. 

When I finally reached him, I knelt down in front of him and asked, "What's wrong?"  He looked down at me and tried to smile when obviously I could see that he was in pain.  "Don't you dare try to lie to me right now, Kim Jongin," I threatened with tears about to fall any second.  His smiled disappeared and he looked at me so softly and gently. 

"I can't move my right hand.  It hurts," he said in a calm tone. 

Tears dripped down my cheeks to the ground.  I gently ran my fingers across the top of his right hand.  More tears blurred my vision as I looked into his eyes and saw pain.  I really wished that I could take all his pain away. 

He brought his left hand up to my cheek and wiped away my tears again for the second time today.  "Hey, baby, don't cry."  Right then the doctor came in and checked on his hand.  I got up for a moment to try and stop crying, then sat back down next to him. 

It was almost time for their next performance and Kai's hand was starting to feel better, so he said that he'll go back out.  I didn't want to say anything, but I would've rather him stay backstage and rested for the rest of the concert. 

I walked him back to the stage.  He turned to me and lifted my chin and kissed me before heading back out to his other members.  I let out a sigh and continued to watch them dance and sing.  

As I cheered along with the crowd, Kai started apologizing and tearing up.  I wanted so badly to just go and hug him, but the fans out there would be too excited to see me.  

When day one of the concert ended, Kai walked right towards me.  He had his head hung low from his crying and stopped in front of me.  Slowly I s my arms around his neck and kissed him. 

"You guys did great out there," I stated and raised his chin up just like how he did to me.  He smiled and held me tighter. 

Soon they were just about ready to leave, so I said my goodbyes to all the members.  Kai was the last one that I wanted to say goodbye to, but all of a sudden I couldn't find him.  Just as I was about to walk out the doors, I felt someone wrap their arms around me. 

"Where were you?" I asked. 

"My make-up artist pulled me to the side," he replied. 

"Which one?"  Lately I've been noticing that his make-up artist frequently pulls him to the side.  Whenever I go near her she leaves or gives me a dirty look, especially when I'm with Kai. 

"Sohee (OC) noona." 

"Oh."  I nodded my head and lightly shook him off.  Slowly I reached for the door.  I couldn't deny that I was jealous of Sohee, I mean she had a curvy body, she was the perfect height, no acne at all, had amazingly soft hair, and she gets to touch Kai all day everyday.  How can I not be jealous of that, I'm his girlfriend of course, but that doesn't mean that I can be with him all the time...  

Kai pulled my hand away from the door and twisted me around so that I was facing him.  I couldn't go anywhere because my back was to the door and he had me trapped between his muscular arms.  

"Are you jealous?" he asked and cocked his head to the side.  

As much as I didn't want to admit it, I was being honest and slightly nodded my head.  He let out a sigh before leaning in to kiss me.  

"I'll always and forever love you and only you," he said and pecked my lips.  "Got that?"  

"Yes, Mr. Kim Kai," I said with a smile.  

He walked me out to my car and gave me a long lecture about driving safely.  He suggested a couple times that I just go stay at their dorm, but I told him that I'd be fine and that I'd call him right when I get home.  Finally when he stopped talking, he gave me one last kiss before stepping off to the side and watching me drive away.  

The next day I came early again.  Since they didn't have to rehearse today, all of them were backstage hanging out and doing whatever.  And the first person I met was D.O. who was sitting off to the side quietly on his phone.  

"Kim Jongin!  You're girlfriend's here!" D.O. yelled out.  

As soon as D.O. shouted that out, Kai ran as fast as lightening out of the other room and wrapped his arms aound me.  "I missed you," he whispered into my ear.  

"I just saw you yesterday, though," I said, messing with him.  

"What?  I can't miss my own girlfriend?"  He pouted. 

I smiled and pecked his lips.  "I never said that." 

Soon after a couple of hours passed, the concert was about to start.  Again, just like yesterday, they climbed onto the stage and started performing for their fans who have been waiting. 

My eyes couldn't keep off of Kai at all.  As they followed him while he walked around waving to the fans, I suddenly couldn't see him anymore because he had fallen through the stage door to the ground.  I heard fans gasp in surprise, I did too.  After being in shock for a moment, I quickly ran backstage to find him. 

When I finally did, he was being brought to the resting room by staff.  They set him down on the couch, and just like yesterday, I had to push them out of the way so that I could get to him. 

"Are you okay?" I asked in a worried tone. 

"Yeah," he replied calmly. 

I touched his wrist and he winced in pain.  I stared into his eyes even more worriedly and looked down at his slightly swollen wrist.  "Kim Jongin, why do you lie to me when you get hurt?!?" I asked half angrily half concerning.  Tears were slowly welling up in my eyes and soon I couldn't see him clearly. 

"Don't cry, babe," he said soothingly and wiped my tears away.  He pulled me down so that I was sitting in his lap and wrapped his arms tightly around my body. 

His manager came and handed him two ice packs.  Kai placed one on his wrist and the other on his ankle.  "You need to stop getting hurt," I muttered as I rested my head on his shoulder. 

He let out a chuckle and said, "I don't try to get hurt on purpose." 

Kai soon got back up to his feet and headed back up to the stage.  The rest of the concert was peaceful and nothing bad happened.  Finally it ended and all of the members headed backstage. 

The next day, everything went perfectly fine.  Everyone was happy and singing to their dear fans.  Just this time when they were singing their encore, Kai started crying. 

When the concert ended that day and they came backstage, I ran into Kai's arms and lifted his cap up.  His eyes were still red from crying.  "Silly, why were you crying?" I asked and pecked his lips. 

"My emotions just got the best of me today," he replied pouting and pulled his cap back down to cover his eyes. 

I chucked.  "Usually I'm the crybaby." 

"I still love you, though." 

"I love you, too." 

Their final day of their concert was here.  Just like yesterday, everything went well.  And when the concert ended officially and the members came backstage after their encores, we all celebrated that night. 

When things quieted down, Kai pulled me into a quiet spot when no one noticed so that it would be just the two of us.  Right when we were alone in a separate room, he turned me around and pushed me softly so that my back was against the door.  He leaned in closely so that our foreheads were touching. 

"Thank you so much, babe, for being here for me all the time," he thanked me. 

"It's really nothing, oppa," I replied. 

"But it really means a lot to me that I have you in my life.  I love you so much." 

"I love you, too, Kim Jongin." 

We both smiled.  Then he pressed his lips onto mine.

THE END

 

 


AH!  Finally after writing for over two days, I've finally put this out for all of you to read!  I hope you guys liked it!  Please comment your thoughts or feedback for me below and go subscribe if you really liked this one-shot of mine!  Thank you so much!

 

 

~Angelflyer