One

One Thing Leads To Another

Minyoung was always the outcast. Even though she had a group of friends that she would talk to everyday, she felt like they weren't really her friends. She felt like if they had to choose between her and an insect from falling off a building, they would choose her, but that's only because they hate insects so she would win by default. She really didn't care because if the rolls were reversed, she would save the insect. 

 

She had just arrived to school and the halls were mostly empty with just a few students roaming around. Everyday, when Minyoung would arrive to school, the first place she would go to was the roof. Nobody knew the roof was accessible and she took advantage of the fact. She would go up there to do left over homework, listen to music or to just take a nap. This time, she was looking forward to reading a new book her mother got her.

 

Minyoung was looking at her book, oh I'm gonna read the out of you, she thought as she was climbing the stairs. Lost in thought, she wasn't looking in front of her resulting in her bumping into someone. She looked up and saw that it was Sehun. Great...

 

"Sorry," she mumbled and tried to walk away as fast as possible. He turned around.

 

"Wait, where are you going?" He called out.

 

"Nowhere!" 

 

-

 

Minyoung was now on the roof with the wind passing in gentle waves making her hair go along with it. She was sitting against a wall, trying to read her book. She sighed and put it down. "Can you leave?"

 

"No," Sehun answered with no hesitation. "I never knew we could go on the roof," he said while looking around.

 

"We can't, but I can. So leave."

 

"Why? Am I distracting you...?" 

 

"Well no," she hesitated, "but your presence is annoying."

 

"Why are you always so mean to me?"

 

"Because you always follow me around like a puppy, go hang out with your friends."

 

"Come on, even you can see that I have no real friends. You should know better than anyone since it's exactly the same for you. The only difference is that they just hang out with me because I'm liked by a lot of girls and that gives them a better chance with them." Minyoung was taken aback by his honesty.

 

"W-Why are you always with me then?" She emphasized on the me.

 

"Because you're the first person to act like their true self around me and aren't trying to impress me, you're different." Minyoung blushed. "Even though you're a mess, you're a cute mess." She scoffed.

 

"Class is about to start," trying to ignore his last statement, she collected her things and walked back in the building with Sepuppy following right behind.

 

Minyoung entered her classroom and sat in her seat. Sehun was stolen by his "friends" and was now at the back of the classroom in the middle of a discussion he didn't want to be a part of. She was greeted by her friends whose conversation always ended up being about guys. This time it was no other than Oh Sehun.

 

"Don't you guys think Sehun is attractive?"

 

"Yeah," everyone said in unison, giggling.

 

No, Minyoung answered in her head.

 

"I heard he never had a girlfriend." 

 

"I also heard that he rejects all the girls that confesses to him." 

 

Everyone was throwing out things they've heard. Minyoung never liked being a part of the gossip group, but it was entertaining sometimes.

 

"Maybe he's waiting for the right girl."

 

"That makes him even more attractive,"

 

"He's so cute though, way cuter than his friends..." They all laughed and talked around Minyoung.

 

She didn't want to be there, especially since it was a conversation about Sehun. She tried to zone out the things they were saying, but it was difficult since they were talking right at her ear.

 

The bell rang and everyone ran back to their seats. She sighed and looked up, Thank you, God.

 

The teacher walked in and started the lesson. For the whole day, Minyoung only concentrated on her work. Even when lunch came, she decided to skip it and go up to the roof to do her homework.

 

Minyoung finished her homework quickly leaving her a lot of time to spare. She got up and looked at the field. Some guys were playing soccer, while some sat to the side eating their lunches.

 

When the bell was about to ring, Minyoung turned around to get her stuff and headed for the classroom. When she was walking down the hall, she saw Sehun and his group of friends coming from the other end. They both looked at each other before Minyoung looked away and entered the classroom.

 

It was their last class and Minyoung couldn't wait to just go home and sleep. Especially since it was Friday, she could spend her whole weekend doing nothing while having no homework to worry about.

 

"Okay class, I'm going to assign you partners for this next project. I expect it to be finished by Monday." 

 

Minyoung sighed for the umpteenth time today. There goes my weekend...

 

She was assigning partners and one by one, all her "friends" were being assigned to each other. Minyoung was kind of relieved because she knew she would end up doing all the work. "Song Minyoung your partner is... Oh Sehun." Minyoung wanted to sink to the floor and just evaporate into the sky. The clouds sounded way much better than being in that classroom in that second.

 

Her friend in front of her turned around. "Lucky..." Minyoung smiled and when her friend turned back around, the smile instantly turned back into a frown. She could tell this weekend was going to be torture.

 


A/N:

I hope you guys enjoyed my story. It took me a while to write it and I'm so close to finishing the second chapter, so I decided to just post this now. 

If you have any questions or requests, please feel free to message me on my tumblr. Don't forget to upvote, comment and subscribe. ^_^