Mr. Himchan: Chapter 2

Mr. Himchan

Mr. Himchan

Chapter 2: The orchestra.

Few weeks later SunHi got her first check, and all though she only worked part time the amount of money she got was a lot more than she thought. A month went by and the first thing she did once she got her pay check was pay her bills, once she did that she money left she spend it on food and a few work suits. After that she went to a pharmacy to get her daily medication.

"Morning." SunHi said to the person who is in charge of the medicine area.

"Hey! How are you feeling?"

"Great, I have a new job and the money is helping me a lot with the bills. You know how I always had problems paying the bills."

"Really? Where do you work?" The person said as they looked for the medicine.

"Believe it or not I am the secretary for the CEO of The National Bank of Korea."

"What?! That's amazing! I wish you luck!"

She finally got her medicine, she paid and when she was about to leave the person who is in charge of the medicine area called her.

"Hey SunHi!"

"What?"

"You feeling okay? Are the medicines working?" They said with a worried look.

"Right now I am okay but I'm a afraid that the medicines wont work, but I have to keep positive. Next week I'm going to see the doctor to run some blood test and MRI's. So I hope everything goes well, I'm still a bit weak though."

"You make sure to take your medicine."

"Haha okay! Byebye."

SunHi walked out of the pharmacy, it was a sunny day, she walked the streets looking at the food markets and stores, basically enjoying her day off.

Somehow she felt happy, she has a great job, and she is not sick anymore even though she is afraid of being sick again she always tries to stay positive and always be careful not to get sick again. As SunHi walked the streets of Korea she receive a phone call from her work, it was the phone from the counter that sits outside Himchan's office.

"Hello?"

"SunHi?"

She heard that it wasn't the secretary.

"Is Himchan. Something important just happen and I need some paper work to be in order because the other secretary is not here. Get here right now you have ten minutes."

"What?! But I don't have my office clothes- hello? Hello?! Aish!!!!!!!!!"

SunHi was at least twenty minutes away from her apartment and she was at least five minutes away from work so she decided to go to work instead. She ran as fast was she could trying her best not to bump into anyone. As she ran she could see the building from her work from where she was at, she looked at the time on her phone to see she had five minutes left. She ran fast and everyone looked at her as she ran. Finally she made it to her work, she went up the stairs and accidently bump into's someone's shoulder, she didn't hit them too strong but she whined in pain holding on to her arm. The person looked at her and said sorry but she said it was her fault, she bow and ran off holding on to her arm. Himchan was waiting her by his desk looking at some papers that contain a lot of numbers. The door sung open making Himchan jump.

"I'm here! One minute before ten minutes! Wooooooo!" SunHi yelled breathless.

Himchan raise one eye brown and looked at what she was wearing.

"I didn't have time to get my work clothes, sorry." SunHi said bowing.

"Yeah well whatever, here's everything you need to do." Himchan said giving her a mountain of papers.

"I'll be back at 6, don't leave because I might have some more paper work and we might stay working over time."

"I'm sorry, you said 'we'?"

Himchan rolled his eyes and then looked at a bag she was holding on to, he took the bag, SunHi was surprise and put the papers on a table running to Himchan to take away the bag.

"What is this?" Himchan said looking at the outside of the bag.

"They're are some medicines, please give it back."

"You're sick? Aish I better put a mask on."

"No, I mean I am sick but is not contagious."

"What is making you sick?"

"Mr. Himchan don't you have a reunion?" SunHi said changing the subject.

Himchan had a poker face and then gave the bag to her walking out of the office. SunHi sighed and put the bad on her purse, as she put the bag on her purse she noticed on the corner of her eyes a stain on her sweater sleeve the same sleeve were she bump into a person, she looked at the stain to see that it was blood. She gasp and quickly her eyes got watery, she ran outside Himchan's office to see that the secretary left her jacket. SunHi then wore the jacket as she was putting the jacket on she began to sniff and tear up even more.

"Maybe that person had a pencil and when I bump into them the pencil cut my arm. Yeah that's it... It can be back this got forsaken thing cant be back... Not again God..."

SunHi held on to her arm and began to tremble, tears falling from her eyes.

"Is just a little scratch that's it..."

Moments later SunHi stopped crying and began to work on the paper work. It took her almost all day and even when Himchan's walked from the reunion to his office she still was working. Himchan walked in with an exhausted look on his face, he sat down on his chair and throw his head back.

"Coffee?" SunHi asked.

Himchan opened his eyes to see SunHi besides his hair.

"Tea." Himchan said closing his eyes.

"How was the meeting, well is not as if I'm going to understand anything." SunHi said as she prepare the tea.

"Nothing happen."

SunHi didn't reply thinking that she was just annoying him. She put the tea on the desk and continue doing the paper work.

"I'm afraid we're going to stay working late. Is too much paper work for one person to do. I'll sing and write the papers and you just put them were the belong."

"Okay."

"Bring that chair here."

Himchan said, SunHi took the chair and placed it besides Himchan. Himchan began to write the papers on his computer when he looked at her.

"What?" SunHi asked.

"That jacket belongs to the secretary you better put it were it belongs."

"I will once I leave."

Himchan didn't say anything and began to type, SunHi waited for Himchan to give her the papers so in the mean time she sat down and began to look around the office, he office sure looked different after dark, it was such a big office that half of the office was dark, there was a dim light that illuminated all the office and that light was from the other buildings lights.

She looked at the window that had an amazing view of the city.

Then her eyes landed on Himchan. She saw how serious and focus he was to his work.

She looked at his perfectly cheek bones and jaw, she looked at her black hair, at his dark brown eyes, at his thin lips, at his pale skin.

"SunHi." Himchan said making her return to reality.

"Huh? What?"

"This paper is ready."

"Okay."

The night went by slow, both of them were barely awake, they has at least five cups of coffee on the desk, five cups of coffee from Himchan and five cups of coffee from SunHi. Finally they did their work and it was now eleven pm. Himchan sigh loudly in relief he looked over his shoulder to see SunHi putting the last paper where they belonged. She looked tired and somehow upset, for Himchan it was a bit weird to see her so quite since she is always talking but he just guessed that she learned to be quiet.

"Well time to go." Himchan said.

They were now outside the building, SunHi waited for Himchan to locked the building for her to leave. Once Himchan locked the building SunHi bowed and began to walk away.

"I can take you home." Himchan said making SunHi stop.

"I can walk."

"Is late. Wait here ill go get my car."

SunHi sigh and sat down on the stairs waiting for Himchan. The streets were empty, building and houses didn't have any lights on the only lights were the dim lights from the light post and the advertising announcements that light up.

A black car stopped in front of the building and then the car rolled down the window from the passenger sit, SunHi saw that it was Himchan and she walked to the car, got in and then they drove off. The drive was quiet, the only time SunHi talked was when she needed to tell Himchan were to go so he can take her to her apartment. Himchan noticed that she is oddly quiet but he doesn't say much, he just thinks that she might be tired.

"Good work today." Himchan said.

"No problem... It has been a difficult day."

"For you?" Himchan said as he turn the signal of his car to the right.

"I guess it has been a difficult day for both of us. You and the meeting and the paper work and me... Me well not being dress properly for work..."

"That's why you had a difficult day?" Himchan said chuckling.

Finally Himchan made it to SunHi apartment. As she stood out of the car Himchan held on to her arm making her look to see what see what was wrong.

"The jacket."

SunHi panicked a little but since it was night she thought that the blood stain of her shirt sleeve wouldn't be noticeable. She gave the jacket to Himchan and placed her hands on her arms covering the sleeve that was cover in blood, she pretended to be cold. Himchan took the jacket eyeing the building were she lived at. It was a decent place, not for the poor and not for the wealthy. SunHi turned around to see whatever Himchan was looking at.

"Is not a fancy apartment but its nice." SunHi said looking at the building.

Himchan looked at her not saying anything.

"Oh by the way." Himchan said making SunHi look at him.

Himchan began to look for something on the cars glove compartment. He took two tickets giving one to SunHi. SunHi looked at the ticked and it said "Orchestra concert, VIP." She looked Himchan wondering why was he giving her a VIP ticket to an orchestra.

"Some important people want to have a meeting but they refuse to have a meeting in an office. So they want to go to an orchestra and after the orchestra we go to a VIP area full or business and famous people, there we're going to have the reunion."

"Okay but why are you giving me a ticket?"

"Are you serious? They wanted me to go with "my lady", and I ain't got no lady. So I said I'll bring a friend."

"We're friends?"

"No. Okay I'll tell them you're my secretary."

"I'm going to get judge by that."

"I'll make sure they think you're the best secretary."

"So nice." SunHi said sarcastically.

"Well whatever don't be late tomorrow at work." Himchan said starting his car.

"Okay. Thanks for taking me home."

"Yeah sure."

Himchan said without looking at her and drove off. SunHi bowed as Himchan drove away. Once the car left she looked up at her apartment, she looked down and sigh walking to the entrance of the building. The building was empty, the sound of the foot steps echo as she walked to the elevator. She pressed the elevator bottom and waited for the elevator. One the elevator arrived she walked in and press the number of her floor. As the elevator made its way up SunHi laid her back against the wall looking up to the dim lights, her hands began to tremble so she put her hands together. She looked down yelping a little, her eyes got watery, she looked up see that she was on her floor, she walked out of the elevator and walked to her apartment. Once in her apartment she closed the door and locked the door of her apartment. She dropped her purse on the floor and sigh relief that she was finally home.

Himchan was driving with his windows rolled down, feeling relief that he didn't needed to worry about any paper work. He stopped at a red light, as he waited for the red light to change he looked around the street he was at, she looked at the empty side walk that a light post gave a dim light, he looked to the other empty side walk, his eyes travel when he looked at the passenger sit to see the jacket, he looked at it and took it, he shaked it making sure it was empty when he saw something on the inside of one of the sleeves, he was a stain, a dark stain, as he began to take a better look a car behind his car played his horn at him, he looked up to see that the light was green, he threw the jacket aside and drove off.

SunHi was sitting down on the living room couch looking at the TV as she brushes her hair, moments later she finished brushing her hair to feel something on the hair brush, she looked at the hair brushed to see a bunch of hair on the hair brushed. She dropped the hair brush and ran to her room to look at herself in the mirror. She began to tremble afraid to touch her hair, she then ran her fingers through her hair to see her hair falling off to the floor. She looked at her hair terrified, tears began to gather in her eyes, she sighed and she began to cry.

"This cant be happening? I thought I was fine, I thought I was healthy, I thought I was cured..."

Himchan finally arrived at his fancy apartment, he took the jacket and then got off his car taking the elevator to his pent house.

Himchan threw the jacket on the sofa as he sat down throwing his head back tired. He looked around at his apartment when his eyes landed on the jacket. Himchan took the jacket and looked at the stain, he was surprise to see that it was a stain of a lot of blood. He looked confused and then he remembered that most of the time at the office while he and SunHi worked he noticed that SunHi grabbed on to the sleeve where the blood stain is. As much as he doesn't think of her as a friend and just a secretary he hates knowing that people get hurt at work, he took his phone and called her. SunHi's phone rang on her purse, but she wasn't able to hear the phone due to her loud crying.

"Aish pick up!" Himchan yelled.

"Hello."

"Hello?!" Himchan yelled.

"Please leave a message after the tone."

"Aish! Ya! What is the meaning of this jacket with a blood stain?! Call me!"

Himchan said and hung up.

The next day Himchan arrived to work, he was tired and he didn't wanted anyone to bother him, he had planned just show up at work and not do any work. He sat down on the chair looking at his phone when someone opened the door. Himchan turned around to see SuhHi with a hat on, the hat look proper for working so he didn't say anything about that. SunHi walked in without looking at Himchan or even saying good morning, she looked tired, sad, upset and spaced out. SunHi then walked to her work station that was a desk with a few papers, she began to look at the papers. Himchan just looked at her.

"Morning." Himchan said making her look at him.

"Sorry I didn't see you..." SunHi said giving a weak smile.

"You looked a bit different today." Himchan said.

SunHi looked down afraid that he was going to criticize the hat.

"That hat suits you, you look good." Himchan said looking again at him phone.

SunHi was a bit surprise but took the compliment.

"Thanks." SunHi said this time with a smile a bit more brighten up.

Himchan nodded looking at his phone and then looked at her.

"Today I wont be actually working. I just want to sit down and be on my phone or on the computer. Yesterday was a horrible day so I want to relax for a bit." Himchan said.

"I understand. I'll go to the other office to finish the paper work." SunHi said picking up a pile of paper.

"Why dont you stay here and take the day off?" Himchan said looking at his phone once again.

"I-"

"You had a horrible day with all those papers yesterday."

"Yeah you're right... Well fine..."

The day went by and both of them just sat down watching movies on Himchan's computer. The movies were comedy so both of them tried to laugh not making any sound. The secretary at the front desk walked in to see them both sitting down in different chair but a bit close to each other. Both of them stopped laughing and looked at her.

"And this is how you put all the account numbers so you don't have to multiply them one by one." Himchan said pointing at the computer screen.

"I see." SunHi said taking a small notebook and pretended to be writing what Himchan said.

"Yes can I help you?" Himchan said to the secretary.

"Uhh... I'm going for lunch but I cant find the paper to write down my hours." The secretary said.

"I'll print one right now, it will print at the printer of you desk." Himchan said.

"Okay thanks." The secretary said walking away a bit confused by their reaction when they saw her.

Once she left they both sighed in relief that the secretary didn't catch them laughing. The day went by, both of them watching comedy movies and funny videos on Himchan's computer. They rarely talk about other subjects unless they subject had to do with whatever they were watching. But the days wasn't always about watching movies or videos, sometimes Himchan watched SunHi, he looked at from the corner of his eyes, he looked at her flawless skin, and her smile, at her cheek bones and at her face features. Himchan found himself looking at her for a quiet amount of time without SunHi noticing that. He didn't knew why he was looking at her, maybe all the time she has been there he and her were too busy to notice each other even if they worked in the same office, but Himchan found something interesting in her, there was something in her smile and eyes and face that made her interesting for Himchan and whatever it was that made her interesting Himchan was for sure interested in her. The day then arrived to the time that meant closing time, Himchan and SunHi were making sure everything was in order before they closed up when someone entered the room. Both of them were in different areas of the office, they both looked at her door, Himchan got surprise to see the person who invited him to the orchestra, it was de CEO from another well known bank. Himchan stood up straight and bowed to him.

"What brings yu here?" Himchan asked.

"I wanted to ask you if you're going to the orchestra."

"Yes I am."

"Did you find anyone to go with you?"

"Yes."

At that moment the man saw SunHi. SunHi bowed.

"SunHi please meet the CEO of the Commercial Bank."

SunHi bowed.

"Nice to meet you." SunHi said.

"She will be accompanying me to the orchestra."

"She's your girlfriend?"

Himchan and SunHi got a bit surprise to that question.

"No." Himchan said looking around the office.

"But she is my secretary and she does an amazing work. So thanks to her work I've been able to accomplish a lot work thank to her, so she deserves to go to this orchestra thanks to her work. Don't worry about her when the V.I.P meeting arrives, everything she hears will be confidential, she wont say anything."

"Well okay then, don't be late at the orchestra." He said, he then bowed and left.

A week later went, SunHi got a new haircut, the haircut was shoulder length, Himchan noticed it and he approved even though he never complimented her. The day of the orchestra arrived, SunHi was at her apartment have a horrible time not knowing what clothes to wear, it was an orchestra and a V.I.P party and all the people there had money and were well known and all of them were going to go dress very formal. SunHi made a mess of clothes in her room trying to find something to wear, she was almost out of time because Himchan was going to pick her up anytime soon. SunHi got her eye makeup ready and wore a dress that she bought and never used it. Himchan arrived and texted SunHi letting her know that he had arrived, he stood out of the car and waited for her. Himchan was wearing a tuxedo, he was walking around waiting for SunHi when he heard the lobby doors opened, he turned around to see SunHi wearing a long red dress, with a bit of lace and the back a bit open.

Himchan looked at her doumbfounded. SunHi smiled and bowed, Himchan then bowed and open the car door for her. The drive to the orchestra was a bit quiet, Himchan kept looking at SunHi from the corner of his eyes, looking at how great she looked.

"You look good." Himchan looking at the road.

SunHi looked at him a bit surprise, she smiled and bowed. They finally arrived to the orchestra, they had great sits but the sits were a bit too close to each other so their arms and elbows were bumping into each other, every time their arms and shoulders bump into each other SunHi got really nervous but she tried to calm down. An hours later they went to the V.I.P party, SunHi was more than surprise to see so many well known business people there, she was so happy that the picked that dress because she blend in with everyone. Before they could walked in Himchan wrapped his arm around her arm, she tried not to looked surprise but her red cheeks said that she was very surprise, they both walked in the V.I.P party. It was a salon with a few chandeliers that light up the whole salon, due to the light everything there looked gold, there were chocolate fountains and a lot of gourmet foods.

Everyone greet them as they walked in, Himchan and SunHi bowed till they made it to the CEO of the Commercial Bank. They greeted him, sat down and the business chat began. SunHi was bored out of her mind but she tried not to act as she was bored, it was difficult for her to pay attention to the conversation that Himchan and the CEO were having knowing that the conversation was very confidential. Once Himchan and the CEO stopped talking because they order food SunHi excused her self and went to the bathroom to get her makeup fixed.

"Nice lady you got there."

"She's my secretary." Himchan said looking at his wine glass.

"Well you're very lucky, she is very pretty."

"Thank." Himchan said.

SunHi went to the bathroom to get her makeup fixed and as she applied her make up she noticed a bump on her right arm. SunHi sighed knowing that that wasn't good. She slightly poke the bump and it began to bleed a lot.

"No!" SunHi said running to get some paper towels to applying it to the bump.

Right then SunHi got a text message from Himchan telling her to go were he was at because the food arrived. SunHi didn't know what to do, she didn't wanted to go with her arm bleeding and she didn't wanted to leave without saying anything or making a false excuse. She took a new paper towel, put it on her arm, place her hand over the paper towel so the paper towel wouldn't be noticeable and walked out of the bathroom. She was planning in telling Himchan to drive her home because she wasn't feeling well. Once she got there Himchan and the CEO were standing up talking, SunHi stood besides Himchan trying to hide her bleeding arm. Himchan noticed she had her hand on her arm.

"You're cold?" Himchan asked.

"What? No. I'm fine." SunHi said fast.

"We were talking about you, I was telling Himchan that you are very pretty. I think I'm going to hire you as my secretary." The CEO said joking.

Himchan laughed while SunHi laughed in an awkward way. Himchan then placed his hand around SunHi's waist and pulled her close to him.

"I think she is good working the National Bank." Himchan said.

SunHi's cheek got red in less than a second, she looked at Himchan and Himchan looked at her with a smile.

"Mr. Himchan can I have a word with you?" SunHi asked.

Himchan let go of her waist and nodded. They both walked outside.

"What's wrong?" Himchan asked.

"Mr. Himchan, I'm sorry but I need to go. Can you please drive me home?" SunHi asked looking down still holding on to her arm.

"What? Why?" Himchan asked.

"I... I don't feel well I need to go home."

"You dont feel well? This is a life time opportunity for me, I need to have this business talk with the CEO, I can't leave to take you to your house."

"I understand, I'm sorry. Then I'm going." SunHi said.

"What?! No you're not going anywhere, its late."

"I'm sorry but I really don't feel well."

"You look fine!" Himchan yelled.

SunHi looked down, she stayed quiet, nervous of making Himchan angry and yelled at her. SunHi bowed and walked away.

"Ya! If you take one more step you're fired!" Himchan yelled.

SunHi stopped to those words. Himchan looked at her angry. SunHi then began to walk away to her home.

"You are fired!" Himchan yelled.

SunHi walked the empty dark streets still holding on to her arm, luckily the bleeding had stopped but she kept her hand on her arm in case her arm started bleeding again. As she walked tears run down her face, she couldn't stop think the way Himchan yelled at her, he was so angry at her, she knew for sure that Himchan didn't wanted to see her again. SunHi was having a great time with Himchan these last few days, they laughed, he complimented her a few times. An hour later SunHi arrived to her apartment, she opened the door and closed it, she began to walk to the living room dropping her bag on the floor, taking off her shoes, she walked slowly as if she had a weight making her walk slowly.

The meeting was a success, Himchan drove home mad but a bit happy that the business went well, he kept remembering SunHi's face when he was yelling at her making him feel a bit guilty, he then stopped on a gas station to buy some gas for his car, as he put the gas in the car he lean back on his car looking up thinking about SunHi, wondering if she arrived home safely. He looked down and looked inside his car to see on the back sit the jacket that SunHi had that the jacket had a blood stain, he then remembered that he never ask her what was that blood stain about and why there was a blood stain on the jacket. Once he put the gas on the car he drove to her apartment at full speed, once there Himchan was about to press the elevator bottom when he remember that he didnt know the floor or apartment number of SunHi, luckily he had all of the records of his employees online so he looked for her address. He got into the elevator and went to her floor, once there he walked slowly looking at the doors trying to find the apartment number on the doors when he finally found it. He got a bit nervous but then knock on the door but no one answered, he got mad and decided to leave when he saw a paper full of blood in front of SunHi's apartment door. He then began to knock again and then he turned the door nob to see that the door was unlocked. He walked in and looked around the kitchen and living room but didn't see SunHi, he then saw a light at the end of the hallway and decided to walked towards the light, he opened the door from where the light was to see a room, SunHi's room but he didnt see her, he was about to turned around and leave when he heard someone sniffing as if they were crying, Himchan turned around to see someone one sitting on the floor with their knees covering their face. Himchan walked towards the person. SunHi heard few steps in front of her and she looked up to see that it was Himchan. Himchan took a step back surprise to see SunHi but he was surprise by the way she looked, she looked so different.

"SunHi..." Himchan said.

To be continue...