Snap

Behind the Mask

2010

 

“Where are you going?”

“Out with friends?”

“Kibum its late.”

“Come on hyung. Minho and I are already legal. We’ll take care of ourselves.”

 

Take care of ourselves you say. “Fine. My words don’t matter anyway.” And the leader went to the kitchen for a glass of water.

 

“Hey Jjong you’re also going out?”

“Yes hyung I’ll just meet some friends.”

“it’s late”

“Don’t worry hyung. I can handle things” and the main vocalist left.

 

Of course they can handle themselves. And he decided he’ll just watch some show.

 

“Hey Tae. It’s getting a bit late. Not yet sleepy?”

“Nah I am okay hyung.”

“But…”

“I said I am okay hyung”

“Fine” and the leader left to settle for the night.

No one needs me anyway.

The leader’s tone surprised the maknae. He rarely uses that low angry tone but the maknae took it for granted.

 

Days passed by and Onew became busy with all the schedules given to him. Radio, MC, etc etc. But he still made sure he knows where the members are through the managers. Everything was okay, except for the fact that he feels the members are drifting away from him. Well, they are getting old enough and it’s a natural progression of life. He can’t be needy. He can’t hold them down and seek for their presence. Because he was Leader Onew—he never gets mad and he can’t ask the younger ones for help. He was the one to help and guide. He has to be rational.

 

Until the Shin Sekyung scandal came out.

 

Using the most rational tone he can use, the leader asked, “Jonghyun what’s this?” and he placed the newspaper in the coffee table for all the members to see. “Can you please explain to us what this is” He was really trying his best to be calm about this despite the fact that he was boiling inside. This could ruin it for them. Fans lost flashing through his eyes but he valued Jonghyun more so he waited for the explanation…that never came.

 

“I went out with her okay. Jeez I had to answer this question a gazillion times already. Do you guys have to ask me too? I am tired of this. And Jonghyun stood up to shut himself in his room but the leader is having none of that.

He grabbed Jonghyun by the arm. “You need to explain”

Taemin recognized that tone. He used that tone on  him that day.

“No hyung. I don’t need to. Read the news and you’ll know. I need to ing rest”

 

That’s it. That was the last straw.

 

Jinki, yes he can’t be Onew right now, literally grabbed Jonghyun by the collar and pushed him on the couch.

 

“You have the guts to curse at us now huh? Are we the ones causing the ruckus. You are willing to explain to them but not to the people whose careers are at stake. You are a member of this band and you have a responsibility to this group. You never told us why you were out and you told me you can handle yourself. Is this you handling yourself? I asked you because I was willing to help but you didn’t want it and guess what? I WILL BE ASKED TO EXPLAIN HOW YOU GOT INTO THIS MESS BECAUSE I AM THE LEADER AND YOU GUYS FEEL YOU DON’T NEED TO TELL ME WHAT YOU ARE UP TO. NEWSFLASH I DO YOU DON’T GET QUESTIONED BUT WHEN YOU GET INTO A MESS I HAVE TO BE THERE WITH YOU AND CLEAN IT UP WITH YOU.”

 

The leader left and locked himself. The other heard the sound of breaking glass but they were still to stunned to move. Jonghyun started crying. Taemin was to stunned to do anything but sit in the floor and look at the leader’s door. Minho just sat, not looking at anything in particular. And Key, he finally realized he had to call the manager.

 

The manager came but Jinki never opened the door that night.

 

_____________________________________________________

 

A/N:

The pace is a bit slow but I hope you'll stay to read more...

 

For reading till this point....Thank you~~

~AnotherWriter