Who he is...

Unexpected Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Donghae's POV

 

 

I always have a sheltered life. For as long as I remember, there are lots of things I'm not allowed to do.

 

 

Don't go out of the house on your own.

No, candies and other sweets aren't good for you.

Don't play with those children outside.

No, you can't go to your classmate's house.

Don't touch those animals, they're dirty.

No, you're not allowed to watch that TV show.

Don't sit like that, sit up straight.

No, you can't go to the park. You have to go to your extra lessons...

 

 

etc, etc...

 

 

 

Mostly it was my mother who tells me these stuff...

My Father? Well lets just say, I'll be lucky to spend breakfast or dinner with him.

 

 

I think there was a time I did question if he's really my father or a neighbor just passing through ^_^

 

Just kidding....

 

I know my father is a busy man. He's a very Important man that everyone respects.

He helps a lot of people...

 

 

When he was still a businessman, he donates a lot to society.

When he ran for office and won, his dedication to help the poor and under-priviledge increased.

The scholarships, the projects to help the unemployed, anything that can help the community...

He's doing it.

 

 

 

That's why I didn't have it in me to be mad at him.

He's doing it for the good of the people.

Like a superhero...

 

 

Which is what he is to me.

 

 

 

He's my hero... A person I inspire to be...

 

 

So I focused my time to my studies...

Learned music and the arts...

By the time I was 10, My parents made me attend those adult and important events.

 

A charity here, another fund raising there.

Even at such a young age, I was able to shake hands with important people in the society.

 

 

 

but there is one thing my parents or my whole house-hold abhors.

 

 

It's violence.

 

 

 

Fist fights, shouting matches, everything involving physical or emotional harm or hurt.

You name it...

Is banned from our life.

 

 

 

My mother drilled to me at an early age that anything can be handled by talking it out.

State the facts in a calm and civilize manner

Then do a compromise if necessary.

 

 

 

I studied in an exclusive private school for Grade school.

I was sent to a boarding school in Europe for my highschcool.

 

 

 

And when it's finally time for me to pick a college, It was decided for me to attend the best Law school in the country.

It was a lot different from my other schools in that - it was co-ed and the students comes from all levels of life.

Poor kids who got in because of scholarships...

From middle class families that can get discounts or partial scholarships...

Athletes with scholarship...

And kids like me, who can afford to enroll...

 

 

 

It was already carved into me to strive for the best...

To be a good example to others...

To be a son my Father will be proud of....

 

 

It was confusing but not surprising when it was a big occassion when I came to that school for the first time. It was Orientation Day for feshmen.

Again my Father is not present but my Mother is and the Head of the School and other staff greeted us personally.

 

 

"I'm sorry my Husband can't attend, a meeting came up and he has no choice but to go." she said to the headmistress as they shook hands.

 

"No worries, it's to be expected from an important person like your husband Mrs. Lee". she then looked at me. " This must be the young man I've heard so much about. We expect a lot of good things from you and we hoped you'll settle in just fine."

 

 

"Thank you, I would be fine." I gave a nod before following them when they started to move.

 

 

"Anything you need, If you have any questions or problems later on just approach any of your teachers and they'll help you". the headmistress stated. I just nodded again in response. I followed behind my mother as we were toured around the school.

 

 

As we toured the ground I kept my face forward but I knew our entourage is getting more and more audience as we went. I even caught some whispers.

 

 

"That's the Mayor's son... waahh he's soo handsome."

 

"Look how dashing he looks..."

 

"Who's he?" another whispered.

 

"Try to watch the news so you'll know who he is."

 

"He's just the only son of our Mayor, and Mrs. Lee's son."

 

"Oh, the principal's son... I bet his smart."

 

"Good looks with a great Family background... girls will be drooling at his wake."

 

"He looks like a snob... but it doesn't matter. He's still good to look at."

 

 

 

Those kept on as we toured, some too ridiculous to mention and even focus on.

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter