final

Ghost

a/n : This is short, and stupid it's not even cute OTL

 

 

 

Yixing was just finished washing his mug when his doorbell rang. He took a quick glance to a clock on his wall and realized it was really late already, almost eleven. Groaning internally, he wondered who could possibly rang his doorbell that late, he was really tired after spending hours sitting on his computer, trying to finish an assignment that was due in three days.

 

He walked to his front door, passing trough his empty living room that only has a TV, because he hadn’t actually have a time to fill it with furniture yet after moving there about two weeks before. From the peek hole, he saw a black haired boy standing in front of his door that he recognized as his neighbor, who was moved into the apartment right next to his about two days after he moved there. Once he opened the door, he could finally clearly see his deer like neighbor clad in pale blue pajama pants, with yellow T-shirt and hugging a frog plush toy to his chest.

 

Yixing tilted his head in confusion, wondering why his neighbor was standing in front of his apartment that late, in pajamas, bringing a frog plush toy, “Is there anything I could help you with?” He asked politely. His neighbor had this look of fear plastered on his face, and Yixing wasn’t sure whether if the boy usually that pale or he was especially pale that night.

 

“Hi!” The black haired boy forced a smile, “I—I live next door,” He stated, as if Yixing didn’t know that already, “And—and I wonder, if—if I could crash here tonight. Just for one night, I promise!”

 

Yixing creased his eyebrows, he almost felt bad when he saw his neighbor’s face, because the boy look genuinely scared and he also kind of worried about what had possibly happened, “Is there anything happened?” He asked.

 

The boy hugged his plush toy tighter to his chest, “I—I think there’s—there’s a ghost in my apartment.” He answered with rounded eyes that probably would look really adorable if he wasn’t saying such a silly thing.

 

Now, it’s not that Yixing didn’t feel bad for his neighbor or anything, because really, the boy looked seriously scared, but, ghost? Really? A ghost? “A ghost?” He asked back.

 

“Yes!” The deer faced boy nodded, “I—I heard some strange sound from my kitchen, and suddenly, one of my plate dropped to the floor even though there was no one there.” He told Yixing about his experience, “So, can—can I sleep here for tonight? I can sleep on the floor, I even bring my own blanket!” He showed his blanket to Yixing who didn’t realized he brought one until then.

 

Yixing was naturally a nice person, too nice for his own good, so even though he felt exhausted, and wanted to have a peaceful night for himself, he didn’t have a heart to say no to his neighbor who looked scared. And he was not the type of person who believed in ghost or things like that, but what was the point in trying to explain that to the boy in front of him when the said boy was clearly believed in one. So, he guessed he would have a company that night.

 

==========

 

“I don’t have a couch,” Yixing scratched the back of his head, suddenly regretting his decision to procrastinate in buying furniture for his apartment, “You can take the bed, I can sleep on the floor.” He offered his precious bed to his guest.

 

“No! No!” The black haired of the two waved his hand and head aggressively, “I’ll sleep on the floor, you take the bed!”

 

Yixing sighed, he really just wanted to sleep, “Listen,” he pinched the bridge of his nose, “If we continue on this debate of who will sleep on the floor, it would be endless. So please, just take the bed and call it a night, because there’s no way I’ll let you sleep on the floor.”

 

The guest squeezed his plush toy to his chest and creased his brows, “But, I can’t let you sleep on the floor either…” He said half mumbling. “Oh! We can just share the bed, I mean, the bed is big enough for us.” He suggested.

 

It was true though, Yixing liked big bed, so the first thing he bought for his apartment was a really comfortable king sized bed, who knows that it would come in handy, like you know, when your neighbor believed there was a ghost in his apartment and need a place to crash on? “Well,” Yixing shrugged his shoulder, “If you are fine with that then.” He agreed to the suggestion as he was deadly tired, and he was sure they could crash into his bed and sleep at the opposite end without touching each other.

 

Yixing was almost out on his side of the bed facing the back of his neighbor who was facing the wall on the very opposite side of the bed when his neighbor suddenly rolled over to face him and as the result, they were facing each other in much closer proximity than what they thought they would be. Both of their eyes doubled in size and their heart beat accelerated as they were staring at each other’s face for a good few seconds before one of them decided to break the silence. “My—my name is Luhan by the way.”

 

Yixing swallowed the lump in his throat, “I’m Yixing.” Was all he could say.

 

“G—good night, Yixing…” Luhan whispered before rolling his back again to face the wall.

 

Both of them spent a good one hour to calm their heart down before finally could fell asleep.

 

==========

 

“Why are you still here by the way?” Yixing asked a month later while Luhan digging into his fridge, trying to find some food to eat.

 

Luhan closed the door of Yixing’s fridge after he took out a pack of frozen dumpling and threw them onto the counter top. The ‘ghost’ in his apartment was turned out to be a rat, one small rat and by that time the rat must be long gone already, because he called people from pest control to get rid of it and sanitize his entire apartment as well. “Why? You don’t like me being here?” He asked with a pout.

 

“Well, I was just asking,” Yixing said with a small hint of him joking around, that apparently Luhan missed because the older was still supporting a pout.

 

“If you hate having me here that much, you can just say it, you know?” Luhan sulked and started making his way out from the kitchen with the intention of going back to his place.

 

Yixing broke a smile as he pulled Luhan’s wrist gently and pulled him by his waist to trap him inside his arms, “Who said I hate having you here?” He said teasingly as he inched his face closer and closer to Luhan’s, “I love it!” He whispered right before he pressed his lips softly against Luhan’s expecting ones, and started their push and pull as Luhan’s pout grew into a smile.

 

Somehow Yixing was thankful to that rat who was ‘haunting’ Luhan’s apartment that night, he almost felt bad when he remember how the people from the pest control hunt it down to kill it, because ‘thanks’ to it, Luhan came to crash on his apartment, and then his silly neighbor ended up as his silly boyfriend. Again, thanks to the ‘ghost’.

 

 

 

 

a/n: Please don't hate me OTL My brain froze, because it's exam week TAT I wrote this to melt my brain a little xD