Cooking Class

95 Line for Life

“Jiminie I have the perrrrrfect thing for us to do this weekend!” Taehyung said sitting across from Jimin and Jungkook at the lunch table. He placed a flyer down advertising for a cooking class at a university in the city.

“Wow thanks for the invite,” Jungkook grumbled glaring at the flyer and proceeding to eat his food.

“This is a 95 thing, 97s wouldn’t understand,” Taehyung said giving Jungkook a glance, before focusing on Jimin with his signature box grin. 

“We can’t cook -”

“Which is why we should gooooo~” Jimin picked up the flyer inspecting the information on it.

“This is like an hour bus ride, for cooking lessons.”

“Oh come on what’s the worst thing that could happen? It’s meant for us to go if they’re advertising all the way over here in our small town. Maybe one of the students running this are from here. We could know college students and go to the city more.”

Jimin moved the flyer from in front of his face and gave his best friend a skeptical look. “You just want to have an excuse to be in the city. This is just a ploy to get there-”

“And a good thing to tell our parents so they believe we’re doing something useful -”

“So you’re not going to cooking lessons, you just want to go play around in the city?” Jungkook wondered

“I think it’d be a great opportunity to check out universities too -”

“But don’t you think our parents will expect us to be able to cook after going a few times?”

Taehyung opened his mouth to reply but closed it. Jimin did have a point and maybe he hadn’t thought things through. “Well we can go to the lesson but after~”

“Oh stop,” Jimin threw the paper at Taehyung who groaned

“You two should go it could be fun,” Jungkook said standing “I have other friends to hang out with anyways.”

Jimin and Taehyung watched as the younger left to put his tray away. “He’s so adorable-” Jimin gushed much to Taehyung’s annoyance.

“Oh will you stop with your obsession and listen to me!” Taehyung hit the side of Jimin’s head getting his attention “We could go to the city twice a month, and get cooking lessons from this college kid and meet all these cool older people! We could have experiences no one else here is getting. It will be fun and it will help us bond more -”

“Tae I know that you wear your underwear for up to three days and I’ve seen you one too many times, I think we bond enough -”

“That’s not the point! Jiminie pleeeassseeeee~”

 

 

 

“I can’t believe I let you talk me into this,” Jimin said sitting on a bench in the middle of a university campus that they were lost in.

“This will be fun,” Taehyung said looking from the flyer to the campus map he was currently looking over.

“We’re lost and it started -”Jimin pauses to look at his phone for the time “10 minutes ago,” Taehyung sighed turning towards Jimin

“Stop being so negative, this 95 time okay? This is our last year and who knows if we’ll get into the same schools, we have to make the most of this. Besides no one has asked us what we’re doing here so we must look like we belong!”

“Actually you look completely lost, and baby face over there gives you away,” A voice called out from a few benches away startling both of the boys.

“Uh, hi sir!” Taehyung screamed bowing to the boy who only rolled his eyes.

“Where are you trying to go?” He asked standing and walking over to the two.

Once the older boy was close he took his snap back off turning it backwards pushing his hair from his face. His eyes met Jimins briefly but it was enough to set the younger boys face on fire.

“We’re looking for this -” Taehyung held the flyer out to the boy who read it over with a smirk on his face.

“Ah, my friend is in charge of this,” he his lips as he thought, trying to find the easiest way to direct the two. “You just have to go down this walkway and enter that main building. There’s a staircase to your left and you go up those stairs, the room should have a sign and it’s that easy.”

“Thank you!” Taehyung took the flyer and bowed to the boy again while Jimin was still stuck in his position on the bench.

“Well, have fun, but hurry you might miss something.” The guy flashed both of them a gummy smile before heading back in the opposite direction.

Jimin watched him go and Taehyung waved a hand in his face confused. “Jiminie lets go, what are you looking at?” he gave Jimin a shake finally snapping the boy from his daze.

“Huh?”

“Lets go!”

“Oh yea, okay,” Jimin hopped up from the bench and let Taehyung drag him through the campus to their destination.

 

 

 

“Sorry we’re late!”

Taehyung apologized bowing at the instructor of the class. He peaked over at Jimin and tugged on his arm until he copied his action.

“You’re fine! I’m happy to have more people show up, since it’s the first class we aren’t doing anything major. It’ll be easy for you two to catch up. I’m Seokjin by the way,”

“I’m Taehyung and this is my best friend Jimin,”

Jimin smiled up at Seokjin while taking note how tall everyone seems to be, well other than that boy they encountered earlier.

“You two can just work together at that table over there.” Seokjin said motioning towards a table on the far end of the room.

The class went by quick and neither Taehyung or Jimin burnt anything so that was a good sign. They learned how to make a quick soup that’s perfect for college since all the ingredients are affordable. The clean up for the meal was even easy.

“Hey I’m Hoseok,” a boy with a big smile said from his table next to the two.

“Oh hi, Taehyung this is Jimin,”

“Do you guys attend school here?”

“They look too young to go here.” The boy next to him with blonde hair said with a smirk.

“We’re in our last year of high school,” Jimin contributed

“Oh how cute! I miss high school sometimes, all my friends. Lucky for me I got Namjoon as a roommate and we get along so it works out.”

“Yea he’s just lucky I like horses,” Namjoon said earning him a hit from Hoseok

 

 

 

When they left the class Seokjin told them to come to the next lesson in two weeks and to bring their friends.

"That was fun right?" Taehyung asked as they took their seats on the bus.

"Yea, it actually was fun, you were right." Jimin admitted with a smile

"I knew you'd have fun! We can bring Jungkook next time if you want."

"Nah, this can be our thing. Besides he's too young to be meeting cool college students."

"Exactly, it can be our thing."

Jimin smiled holding his fist out for Taehyung who gave it a bump with his own fist.