Limerence

Limerence

"Set!" I shouted.

Everyone at the back started positioning, heads down.

"5, 6, 7, 8!" And we started the cheer. Despite the soreness and fatigue, everyone executed the cheer with full force.

"Go! Fight! Win! Hey!" We shouted in sync. I ran over to my group, ready to start the lift. As the count hit one, the flyers – including me – got on the lifters' hands.

I stood up a few feet above the air, with a huge smile (or the cheer face, as they like to call it) evident on my face.

I gave a little wobble, but recovered just as fast. I held the pompoms above my head, performing the given choreography. 

As the count hit one again, I did a split, while still being lifted. My chest was heaving, albeit I was still smiling. 

But we were all tired. 

Everyone prepeared to extend the flyer higher into the air as practiced, and the flyers went higher into the air. I was grinning from ear to ear, but a tiny bit of fear was creeping in. 

I couldn't grasp the front base. But nevertheless, I raised my hands in the air thinking it wasn't a slip-up that we couldn't recover from.

And damn how wrong I thought. 

I tried. I really did try to tighten my body to prevent from falling face first to the front. But my body just seemed to give in.

Thankfully I had fast reflexes. I ducked my head just in time for the fall.

I rolled on the floor with a loud thud.

It hurt. But the pain only lasted a few seconds. 

But it still hurt. 

I drew my hands to my face immediately, in case others happen to see the tears leaking from my eyes.

I cried a bit. 

My teammates all huddled around me. Sorry's of different voices were heard. I shook my head and forced a smile. "No. No, it's okay. I'm really okay."

The co-captain, Sehun, came over. I presume he heard my head bang on the ground. Oh, the embarrassment. 

Sehun's my crush, you see. He's actually one of the reasons I joined cheerleading. But now I think I kinda ruined my chance with him now. Damn

"Hey, are you okay?" He asked with a panicky voice as he came closer to me. The competition's real close and we can't exactly afford having someone injured. 

I backed away at once and faced my back at him. "Yeah, it really doesn't hurt. I'm fine." I smiled, even if he couldn't see me. I forced back the tears, blinking rapidly.

I cannot cry in front of them. That would just prove that I'm weak. 

He walked towards me again. "Where does it hurt?" And I once again turned away. I was fine, really. The sudden pain just made me cry a bit.

"You keep turning away from me." He murmured. I quickly rubbed off my tears and tried to give him a smile. "I'm sorry. But really, I'm okay now."

I walked towards the benches and took a seat, my head cradled between my hands. The others went back to their places and continued practice, without me this time.

Sehun took a seat beside me, leaning casually on the bench. He sighed. "Are you okay? For real?"

I looked at him, sure that my tears were dried out now, "Yeah, really. Sorry if I worried you or something."

Sehun cracked his knucles and took a deep breath. "Look, did I offend you or something?"

I unconsciously widened my eyes at him, "No! I mean no you haven't do–"

"Then why couldn't you look at me? Does my face look that scary or something?"

Oh. Did he think I was scared of his face? Quite the opposite, if I should say. 

I smiled a little. I thought it was something serious. 

"No. It's not like that, trust me. I just... I don't want you to see me look..."

"Bad?"

"Weak."

"Wait– What? I thought girls liked acting weak." He said, brows creasing in confusion.

"I thought guys disliked weak girls... Well do you? I mean – just wondering.." I said, cursing internally. Does he know I like him? .

"It depends on which girl it is, I guess." 

There was a pregnant pause.

"Did you see my face?" I asked. I look absolutely terrible when crying. 

How do actresses even look good when crying? Note to self: take acting lessons.

"Yeah. Butyoulookedcutetome." He mumbled, fast and almost incoherent. 

"I what?" I said. Oh god I think I have the did-a-guy-and-not-just-any-guy-but-my-crush-say-I-was-cute look written across my face. 

I look really stupid. I just know it.

"I said you looked really cute." He said, confidently this time. I widened my eyes at him.

He looked straight at my eyes. His were brown, like most people, yet it sent chills down my spine.

He was extremely handsome. 

I was about to say something, but I sneezed right before I could. Sehun gave a hearty laugh, it was mellifluous. I looked at the floor, embarrassment evident on my cheeks.

"I'm just gonna say this once, so listen well. I think I like you. I mean, I'm not a stalker, but I see you all the time and you're really cute, you know." He blurted. My face turned to his immediately, like attracted magnets. 

There was a long pause. I squeezed my eyes shut. Was this happening? 

Oh Sehun. The freaking handsome boy known for his dancing, and also my (and probably a number of the female population in this school's) crush, said he thinks he likes me. 

Holy .

"I–I think I kinda like you, too." I said, then turned away as quickly as possible. Everything felt like a dream, it was so unreal.

Sehun reached for my hand and held it gently. He looked at me as if asking for permission to hold it, I stared at our hands. He must've took it as a yes, because he squeezed my hand and gave me a heart-stopping smile.