A first date

FTImagines - Minhwan

It was finally happening, my first official date with Minhwan!

I have had a crush on him for quite a while now, closing up on two years in fact. I'm pretty sure he has liked me back for almost as long. It's really complicated though, with him being an idol always watched and judged by fans. They want him to stay single of course, to keep the dream of him marrying them alive. I get that, I have had my idol crushes which ended in heart break as I learn they are actually human and date just like anyone else.

This idol crush I actually have a chance with though! I'm a professional artist now and I work with idols all the time, especially FT Island and Minhwan. Jaejin once told me that they actually ask for me when they need backing vocals, all so that me and Minhwan can spend time together. s have always been so sweet to me, pushing me and Minhwan together whenever they can. 

And now Minhwan has finally asked me out! I have waited so long for this, it's like a dream.

He is meeting me outside the amusement park after his practice is done. He really wanted to take me there himself but he dosen't have a drivers license yet and it would be such a bother to have someone else drive us when I can take the bus directly and be there in about ten minutes.

I step out of the bus and see Minhwan right away. He is standing a few meters away swaying from his left foot to his right and then left again. He is obviously nervous; that's good because so am I. I stand at the bus stop and just look at him and his inability to stand still. He has his back turned to the road so he dosen't even notice the bus stopping and then continuing on it's route. He is so cute, I can't help but smile and even blush a bit.

"Minhwan oppa!", I finally shout and walk towards him.

He turns around and looks at me with nervous eyes. He is holding an umbrella in his left hand which is really weird since there isn't a single cloud in the sky.

"Y/n", he says with a small smile. "Are you ready for our date?"

"Yes!", I reply excitedly and link my arm with his. "Let's go oppa!"

Minhwan laughs a bit and start walking with me to the entrance of the amusement park. He pays for two armbands which allows us to go on any ride how many times we want all day. The cashier puts the armband on for Minhwan but when she reaches for the second one Minhwan snatches it up with an apologetic smile and softly puts it on my wrist. His hands are a bit moist, he must be sweating because he is so nervous. It actually makes me happy because it means that this date is really special for him as well.

"What ride do you want to go on first?", Minhwan asks me while walking side by side into the amusement park. 

I look around at all the rides, there are so many. Which one should I choose? I don't want to pick a really scary one in case he dosen't like those kind of rides, but I don't want to pick one that's too lame either so he will think I'm a coward. A decent sized roller coaster catches my eyes, it's a very standard roller coaster with ups and downs without loops or anything too extreme.

"How about that one?", I point at the roller coaster.

He looks at where I'm pointing and smiles. "Perfect!"

He takes my hand and start running towards the roller coaster. The line isn't very long since it's a week day and most people are working. Minhwan is forced to leave his umbrella with the man who shows us where to sit.

"Why do you have an umbrella with you anyways? The sky is clear blue", I look at Minhwan sitting next to me.

"Well, you never know, it might start raining. I don't want anything to ruin our date", he says looking at me with serious eyes.

I can feel what can only be explained as a thousand butterflies in my stomache at his perfect explanation and those beautiful eyes.

The cart starts to move and I'm startled into reality, taking my eyes away from Minhwan and staring at the tracks. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea, I think to myself as we start to ascend one of the peaks of the roller coaster. I'm actually afraid of heights but I don't want Minhwan to think I'm boring.

As we almost reach the top my breath gets caught in my throat and I can feel the fear going through my body like an electric wave. Without thinking I grab onto Minhwan's hand and scream like crazy as the cart rushes down the peak and lower than when we started. The whole ride I keep my hand tightly around Minhwan's and several times I'm completely sure that my end has come.

Finally the ride is done and we are allowed to exit the cart. That's when I realise that I'm holding Minhwan's hand. He takes his umbrella with his other hand and walks me away from the roller coaster.

"I-I'm so sorry", I say looking down at my hand, starting to loosen it.

Instead of letting my hand go he holds it even tighter. "I like it", he says looking in to my eyes and smiling.

I tighten my hold of his hand again and look down on the ground so he wont see me blushing, I'm sure it's obvious though even if he can't see my face.

"Let's go on something slower now", Minhwan says with a smile.

I'm pretty sure the reason he wants to go on something "slower" is because I freaked out so bad on the roller coaster. So much for trying to act wild and fun.

"Ok", I reply thankfully.

We go on some less "adventurous" rides before having some food at one of the stalls in the park. He treats me to anything I want like a true gentleman, including an ice cream when we are all filled up on food. The next couple of hours we spend trying to hit flasks with a ball, hitting moles with a hammer etc, all for the hope of winning a stuffed animal. Both of us really and all we manage to win was consolation prizes. To my surprise though Minhwan managed to get me a huge stuffed teddy bear by begging and acting all cute to one of the female vendors. There really is no one who can resist his cuteness.

Time really flies by and before I know it the sun has set and the park is about to close. We manage to go on most of the rides, avoiding the most scary ones like the roller coaster with loop and the free fall. To fill up the time avoiding them we went on my favourite ride the pirate ship close to ten times. I doubt that Minhwan liked it as much as I did but he was the one insisting on riding it over and over again, obviously because he saw how much I loved it.

The date is coming to it's end, me and Minhwan walk towards the amusement park's exit. He holds my hand tightly and in his other hand he is holding the giant teddy bear he got me. He managed to lose the umbrella some where along the way, but the sky kept clear all day so it didn't really matter.

"We have time for one more ride!", Minhwan says with a satisfied smile.

He pulls me by my hand and run towards a merry-go-round located just by the exit. The man who takes care of the ride is starting to pack up to go home. Minhwan rushes up to him "Hi ahjussi, can you please let me and my girlfriend go for one last ride before you pack up?"

The man looks at the both of us, first looking a bit annoyed but then softening up and with a smile agreeing to let us have one last ride.

Minhwan puts the teddy bear on one of the horses of the carousel before helping me up on the one behind it. He then sits on the horse next to mine and give the ahjussi a sign to start the ride.

The carousel starts to slowly go round and round. I lean on the pole connecting my horse to the carousel, Minhwan does the same and we look into each others eyes. This is such a perfect moment, in his eyes I can see everything. All the stars up in the sky, all the straws of grass covering the ground; he truly is my everything.

"Can I kiss you?", he suddenly asks me softly without taking his eyes off of mine

I can feel those thousands of butterflies returning to my stomache and I can't help but smile. "Yes"

He leans in closer to me and I do the same to close the gap between us. The second his lips touches mine my heart starts to beat like crazy. His lips on mine feel so perfect, it feels so complete. Like this was what my lips had always waited and longed for. 

After what seems like an eternity Minhwan takes his lips away from mine while leaning back on his horse. Never breaking eye contact.

The magical moment is suddenly interrupted as the teddy bear infront of me falls off it's horse. Both me and Minhwan startle at the thump and look at the bear before laughing softly and going back to staring into each others eyes.

"Thank you for this perfect date y/n", Minhwan says. "I wish it would never end"