Cold Shoulder

What it takes

3 weeks went by pretty slowly and in that 3 weeks, lots of things has changed for Jackson. His company finally allow him and the other GOT7 members to get a handphone. The moment he got his phone, he immediately texted his roommate members. Well, of course Joon hyung and Youngji were the first two whom he texted. 

To : Joon hyung

" Hyung! I got my phone!! This is Jackson by the way! " 

To : Jackson

" BBAMMM I'm so happy for you! Hold up let me add you inside the roommate Kakao group. "

Jackson is added into Roommate <3

Jackson : HYUNG NUNA I GOT A PHONE!!

Everyone except YoungJi and NaNa : Chukahae Jackson! Welcome on board 

After chatting in the roommate Kakao group for a while, Jackson realised that YoungJi has yet to reply his personal text and also to welcome him into the group chat.

All Jackson did after getting his phone was to save people's number and stared at it hoping that he will get a message from his best friend but no, it did not came. It has been 5 days since he texted Youngji but there's still no reply from her at all and she did not read the message sent to the group chat too. 

Even if she's busy, there's always 5 minutes to spare  to just reply a message 

Finally, it was D-day to begin filming roommate again. Jackson happily packed his clothes and also the gifts which he received from fans during a recent fanmeeting. It was a photo book filled with his moments in roommate and he wanted to show his roommate family the beautiful art work. Once he was done packing, he pulled his luggage to the living room while whistling his favourite song.

" Guess you're happy to leave the dorm huh? " Asked JB 

" Of course! It's been 3 weeks since I've met them of course I'm happy." 

" Them or her? " asked Mark

" What did you say? "

" Aniya nothing. "

" I know you're talking about He- "

Before Jackson could continue, his manager came and asked if he was ready to leave. 

When Jackson arrived at the sharehouse, he noticed that the cameras were still off which means that there's no one there and he regretted leaving the dorm early. He hates being the first one to arrive. Jackson sat down on the couch and waited for people to stroll in. Lucky for him, just 5 mins later, Dong Wook and Seho walked in with a plastic bag in hand. It turns out that they arrived 30 minutes earlier and decided to buy some snacks for the hungry cast. More and more people start to steam in and finally the cameras started rolling. When majority have arrived, Dong Wook began to brief them about what Seho and him thought of doing that day. They declared that today would be a day to just stay home and chill. Jackson kept glancing at the door and Dong Wook noticed how restless Jackson was. 

" Since Youngji will be joining us later after her photoshoot, let's cook a healthy and refreshing meal for her! She must be really tired. She had a CF filming till last night and now a photoshoot." 

Gookju noticed Jackson's curious face and decided to ask on behalf of him " Heol oppa ottokae areo Youngji's schedule ( how do you know Youngji's schedule)? " She hasn't been replying my message."  

" Ahh, her manager texted me to ask for a small favour. To let Youngji rest once she gets here. She hasn't been in her best condition since last week & wanted to start working as soon as possible. "

" She's crazy."  Jackson muttered under his breathe 

While the roommates were preparing to cook for Youngji maneul samgyetang, Youngji was on her way home. She couldn't sit still and kept fidgeting around with her keychain. She dreaded the journey there. She missed her oppa and unnies a lot but does not want to meet the person who has been the reason why she wasn't feeling so well. As Youngji thought about all kinds of scenarios and replies in her head, the car finally stopped. She looked out of the window and saw the house she missed a lot. Before opening the door, Youngji controlled her facial expression. When she opened the door, Jackson greeted her with a smile and offered to carry her luggage up. She ignored him and walk towards the kitchen to greet the rest of the cast. 

Once she was done greeting them, they told Youngji to freshen up and rest for a little while the food is being prepared. Youngji then excused herself and carried her luggage up with Jackson following right behind her. He was afraid that the luggage would be too heavy for YoungJi who has yet to recover fully. He wanted to take the luggage from her but she was holding it firmly. Jackson has no choice but to help indirectly. When they reached the door of YoungJi's room, she turned abruptly and that made Jackson slightly lose his footing. 

" Can you please stop trailing behind me. I need my own space and I need to change my clothes." 

" I just wanted to help and make sure you reach your room safely. I mean that's what best friends are for right? "

" Save it. I'm tired." YoungJi snapped before closing the door. 

Jackson stood there. Stunned by YoungJi's actions. She has never slammed the door on him or anyone before. This was a first and he has no idea why. Yes she is tired but she didn't have to act all cold with him, It's unfair for him. Jackson sat down on the 2nd story living room couch and waited for YoungJi to come out. After waiting for a good 15 minutes, the door is still shut and there's no sign of her coming out soon. Feeling devastated, Jackson went down to help out in the kitchen.

" Hyung, Nuna do you know why YoungJi is acting cold towards me? what did I do wrong ? Do you know? " Jackson asked Dong Wook and Gookju with a pleading voice. 

Gookju and Dong Wook glanced at each other nervously before before Dong Wook replied " I don't know but did you say something wrong to her during the three weeks break? " 

" Ani. I did not even contact her during the break and when I received my phone, she didn't reply at all. Shouldn't I be the one who is angry?? " 

" Dwaeseo ( that's enough) She's probably tired. Anyways Jackson, here take my card and go with Seho to buy some healthy drinks." 

" Arasseo hyung. " 

After Jackson left with Seho, Gookju looked at Dong Wook and sighed " Aigoo uri Wang Jackson jinjja babo ( Our Wang Jackson is really dumb). Jinjja clueless." 

The truth is, Dong Wook and Gookju knows why YoungJi was acting that way towards Jackson. YoungJi was upset and hurt by what Jackson said during his interview. 

2 weeks ago after Jackson's interview, an article was published: 

HEO YOUNGJI IS TOO LOW STANDARD FOR WANG JACKSON?? 

Although the headlines were slightly exaggerated, Youngji still felt upset and hurt that the person she considers as her best friend does not think highly of her. She read his interview where he said they are just friends. The word just friends made her sad because in every of her interview, she answered that Jackson was just a close and comfortable friend of hers. Due to the twisted headlines and Jackson's interview answer, lots of her antis left comment on her twitter account asking her to stop being delusional about being his best buddy as well as to stop creating a loveline with Jackson. The amount of stressed she received after reading the comments and also sleepless nights as a result of crying made her collapse while practicing for an upcoming event in Japan. She was brought to the hospital and she was down with high fever. Upon hearing that, Gookju and Dong Wook went to visit Youngji at her house. 

" Yah Yeoungji-ah wae gurae? ( What's wrong) ? why are you suddenly so stressed and look at your face. Your eyes are so swollen. Have you been crying?" 

Youngji couldn't keep it in anymore and let it all out. Dong Wook and Gookju listened to everything she has to say and occasionally pat her back, They know how highly she thinks of Jackson and the disappointment she felt must have been huge. They didn't know what to say to make her feel better because words were useless now. All they want right now is for her to get better. YoungJi was resolved not to let this matter affect her career and also her group. Right after her fever went down, she asked her manager to begin accepting offers for her. She needed a busy and hectic schedule to stop her mind  from thinking about the incident. 

When Jackson and Seho came back, the food was ready. Seho told Jackson to go up and call for Youngji. Jackson went with a nervous heart and knocked the door timidly. Since there's no respond, Jackson entered the room slowly. YoungJi was still sleeping. He approached her and shook her shoulders lightly. After shaking her shoulders for a few times, Youngji finally begin to flinch. She slowly opened her eyes and Jackson noticed that her eyes was puffy. 

" Hey, you okay? Do you want to talk to me about it? "

" There's nothing to talk about. Why are you here? "

" Err dinner's ready."

Youngji got up immediately and head downstairs. Dinner was exceptionally quiet. It was as though a cold wind has entered the house. Seho tried to joke around to make YoungJi feel better and it did work. YoungJi was able to relax slightly.Dong Wook suggested for them to have a short karaoke session after dinner and all of them seem to agree as they were too lazy to do anything. Once dinner was done, Jackson and Youngji was asked to the dishes, They washed the dishes without speaking to one another. Jackson was at the sink washing the dishes while Youngji was at the table clearing up. They made their way up after finishing up their duties. 

" Ja YoungJi ah your turn to take over the microphone!" 

" Nae oppa." 

YoungJi flipped through the book for quite sometime before keying in the number of her song choice.

" I'll show you by Ailee? " Gookju asked although she knows exactly why Youngji chose that particular song

 

You’re probably wearing the clothes I bought you
You probably put on the cologne I bought you
And right now, you’re probably meeting her and laughing

Did you like her that much that you had to leave me?
How much more do I have to be better?

No matter how much I try to erase you
We spent so many days together
The past times are so regrettable that tears keep flowing but…

I will show you a completed changed me
I will show you a way prettier me
I don’t wanna cry like a fool over love, over you who left

I will meet a hotter guy and I will show you for sure
A me who is happier than you
I won’t be sad without you, I won’t break down
Boy you gotta be aware


Read more: http://www.kpoplyrics.net/ailee-i-will-show-you-lyrics-english-romanized.html#ixzz3VC6blhQL 

 

The moment YoungJi was done with the first verse and chorus of the song, it finally struck to Jackson why she was so cold towards her. His interview. The one where he said he has high standards has actually hurt her feelings. Jackson felt like the stupidest and most horrible person ever. He never meant to hurt her that way. All he wanted was to stop the rumours. He has to make up for it and to earn back her trust. 

He said a little too loudly " Wang Jackson you're the world most silliest person." 

Dong Wook heard Jackson cursing himself and couldn't help but to let out a small laugh because he took so long to realise his mistakes. 

 

A/N : Sorry if the story is super long! I got carried away :/ but thank you to all who subscribed to this story!! There'll be 3 more chapters and I'll try to upload all of it by tomorrow!