Tears

What it takes
As December approaches, both Jackson and Youngji were done with their group promotions and activities respectively. After a whole month and a half, they finally met one another again and the air surrounding them was awkward when Youngji greeted him at the door. 

" Annyeong it has been a long time Wang Jackson. "

" Annyeong. Long time? Really? Didn't realise. " Jackson replied coldly and made his way to the room to put down his bag 

" Glad you actually realise it has been a long time " Jackson mumbled as he walked to his room
Jong Ok called for all the roommate members to gather at the living room for an important meeting. No one seem to know what this meeting was all about other than Jong Ok and Dong Wook. 
Jackson avoided seating next to Youngji at all cost. He found a seat next to Seho before the meeting started. 

Jong Ok // Dong Wook

" Ja, since it's the first week of December now and soon, we will all be busy with the year end events right? I suggested to Dong Wook and discussed with him about what we should do to end this year on a great note. "

" With that idea in mind, we decided that an advance Christmas celebration would be a great way for us to end the year on a great note. We should invite the people who we are most thankful to for this party." 

" To show our grateful heart, we can all come up with a special performance and put on a show for our dear guest. Are you alright with that idea." 

"Nae" everyone present replied altogether

-A WEEK LATER- 

Today was the filming day for the advance Christmas party and almost everyone was present other than Sunny, Kang Joon and Minwoo. Sunny has an overseas concert while Minwoo had to film his drama and Kang Joon would only be joining them later on at night once he was done with his schedule. The members were all gathered in the living room in order to plan on their respective duties

  • Young Ji -> Bathe and dress cucumber for the party and clean up the house 
  • Joon Hyung -> Christmas tree
  • Ryohei -> Christmas tree and house decorations
  • Nana , Gookju and Dong Wook -> Prepare the food 
  • Jackson -> Clean up the house, help with decoration and prepare rice cake for JYP 
  • Jong Ok -> Prepare small gifts for guests 

Since the roommates had to put on a small show, Jackson, Joon and Seho invited Park Jinyoung aka JYP. He helped the roommates prepare for their individual performance and guide them along. JYP's favourite food is anything that has to do with kimchi as well as rice cakes. Ahead of the filming, Seho ordered a special kind of rice cake for JYP and all that's left is for them to decorate the rice cake with assorted nuts so that it will look and taste better. 

Young Ji felt guilty and sorry towards Jackson for totally cutting off any contact with him for the past month and decided to make up for it. She wanted to stay by his side even more especially today since his family members are in Hong Kong while the rest of he cast members invited their family members. She realised too that Jackson was avoiding her at all cost and that includes any eye contact. Honestly, it made Young Ji felt extremely sad or maybe even hurt. It was never her intention to not contact him at all. The circumstances weren't in her favour. She wanted to explain that to Jackson but seeing as how he's avoiding her, he might think that she's just giving excuses so that she won't be the 'bad one' . 

Youngji // Jackson 

" Wang Jackson can you help me for a while later once you're done clearing up the 2nd story living room? I need someone to hold onto Oi (cucumber) while I put on his clothes after washing him up. "

" Can't you ask someone else? I still have to clean my room and decorate the rice cake. "

" Yah, kenyang obun man ( just 5 minutes) jebal? Everyone else is busy with their respective duties and I'm most comfortable with asking for your help. "

Jackson let out a sneered " I guess I look easy huh? "

" Ani that's not what I mean. Kenyang obun man. ( just 5 minutes) "

" Ah arasseo arraseo go on and wash cucumber up. " Jackson replied in an anoyed voice to shoo Youngji away

" Kemowo "

Youngji walked away while holding back her tears. As much as she wants to cry, she can't. The cameras are all on and there's barely any blind spot for her to go to just to cry. She pushed aside the thoughts of breaking down and went to get cucumber. She picked her up and caressed her softly. Hugging cucumber makes her feel so much better as though someone is there to comfort her aching heart. Youngji managed to forget all about Wang Jackson's cold attitude the moment she starts bathing cucumber. She tried to escape from the bathtub dozen of times. refusing to wash up. After struggling for a good 15 minutes, she finally managed to wash her up, Youngji brought a special dryer for pets which she normally uses at home for her two dogs ; leon and fruit. 

" Wang Jackson. Ppali wah. Na nen duwajo ( Hurry here and help me) " Youngji shouted across the room

" You're still not done? I thought you were done and didn't need my help anymore "

" Since when? Please just help me hold him up. "

Jackson does it reluctantly. Youngji thought that the best way to break the ice between them was to joke around with him. Knowing him, she knows that he won't be able to resist if she jokes around. She took the dryer and instead of drying cucumber, she used the dryer and pointed it towards Jackson. She could see the corner of lips curling up and trying to suppress his smile. Instead of retaliating, Jackson picked cucumber up and brought him down. Youngji felt slightly relieved.

 Maybe he's not that mad after all

The only time they talked afterwards was when they were both in charge of giving JYP a house tour. Although they barely spoke 3 sentences to one another, Youngji knows that he wasn't as mad anymore. When Youngji offered JYP her in house shoes, Jackson gave his in house sandals to her without saying anything. Just like that saying " Action speaks louder than words'" For that, Youngji was thankful. The day was going on really smoothly until it was Seho's and YoungJi's collaboration stage. Seho suddenly broke down after their performance and begin thanking his mum. Jackson who was there without his family was asked to send a video message. In the middle of the video message, Jackson was interrupted by the door bell. When NaNa and Seho went to get the door, Jackson couldn't stop staring at the door. He could smell a familiar fragrance. The same perfume which his mum uses. At that moment, his mind went blank and his hopes were up high. After what felt like forever, a lady wearing a brown trench coat appeared with her arms spread open. Time seem to stop and Jackson ran up to her and gave a her a long hug. Tears began to stream down. He couldn't believe that the person he longed to see was here. Right in front of his very eyes. 

In turns out that JYP has made special arrangement for his parents to come down to Korea as he felt bad that Jackson was not able to go home for 2 years. Seeing the reunion made all the other cast mate as well as guest cry buckets of tears. The scene was too heartwarming and touching to watch. The playful and ever so positive Jackson was crying right before their eyes. It showed him in a different light. Seeing Jackson crying that way made Youngji burst out crying badly. All the sadness from within came out at once. The tears she has been holding back came down like a fountain of water. Gookju, Joon , Dong Wook and even JYP saw how badly she was crying and comforted her. All of them were thinking of how beautiful their friendship was. The connection was real. After crying for at least 10 minutes, it was finally time to introduce themselves to Jackson's parents.

 

" Annyeonghasaeyo jonen Jackson-ni best friend KARA Young Ji imnida ( Hello I am Jackson's best friend KARA's YoungJi) "

The word best friend made Jackson paused for a moment before explaining to his mum who she is. Jackson was puzzled too on why her eyes and nose were red. bloodshot red. He knows that everyone was crying along with him but he never expected her face to look that way. They always say that girls look the ugliest when they cry but I guess it does not apply for all because all Jackson could think of was 

 

Holy crap I must be crazy. I don't know why but seeing her teary eyes makes her big eyes shine even more. Yeap I must be crazy