Chapter 4

My Overprotective Gege!

“Yikari?” Yifan said a day or two later, coming to lean against the doorframe of her classroom with an expression that he only wore when he found out that she had been up to no good.

 

Blinking in surprise at seeing him, she had ended up on classroom cleaning duty by herself though she couldn’t fully recall as to why, Yikari mentally ran through a list of everything that she had done the last few days that could possibly annoy her elder brother. Other than possibly eating an extra pudding at tea last night, there was nothing that particular struck out but clearly she had done something and already she could feel her head pounding.

 

“Yes Yifan?” she asked carefully, wondering just what on earth she had done because she seriously couldn’t think of anything.

 

Yifan stayed silent for a few seconds, just to watch his little sister squirm as she clearly tried to think about what she had done. Sometimes it was just too much fun to torment the girl and whilst he kept her in a very protective safety net they were still brother and sister at the end of the day. “You are an interfering busybody, you know that?” he stated at long last in the hopes of giving her a clue.

 

Yikari frowned, “I am not. I haven’t gotten involved with anything that you...” it was almost possible to see the light bulb that suddenly lit up in her head with realisation, “Oh please please please tell me that you said yes!”

 

“Yikari,” Yifan started off in a low tone, only to find himself suddenly with a handful of his little sister as she launched herself at him and forgot the task that she had been doing before.

 

“No! Yifan, you can’t be in the forever alone club,” Yikari said, flapping at him in a complete mess, “you need to totally loosen up and get yourself one of the most sort after boys in the entire school because you deserve to be happy and looked after because you’re always looking after me and Mom and it’s really not fair on you in the slightest because you do everything with a smile on your face and you never think of yourself even on special occasions and he’s totally into you and everything! Don’t you dare tell me that you’ve rejected him for any silly excuse otherwise I will be so unhappy with you and it took an awful lot of effort on my behalf to even get a chance to talk to him and ask him to ask you to the dance and....” she took a deep breath at long last as her words were virtually coming out as a high pitched squeak as the girl was quite literally running out of breath to say all of the things that she needed to say to her elder brother.

 

“Wow,” came a new voice into the conversation, “You seriously underplayed how she would react.”

 

Tilting her head to the side in order to look around her taller brother, having to actually physically lean herself to the side as well because of the angle that the hidden speaker was at and it took maybe a full thirty seconds for Yikari to process exactly what she was seeing. Looking back and forward between the two in shock and surprise, the girl let out a high pitched squeal and flung herself at Yifan to trap him in a deep and deadly tight hug that virtually knocked all of the air out of the basket ball captains body but he was more than used to this sort of response from his little sister.

 

“Yikari, please don’t choke my new boyfriend before the dance,” Tao said with a chuckle, stepping forward as Yifan started coughing a little in an attempt to get his own air supply back into his body, “I would hate to have to...yikes!”

 

Having virtually dropped Yifan onto the nearest available seat, Yikari had launched herself at Tao in just as strong a hug to wind him, “Thank you! Thank you! Oh my God! Thank you!”

 

“Yah, stop yelling so loud!” Yifan complained, shaking his head towards the girl, “Not only are you attempting to knock us out you’re not attempting to deafen us too.”

Tao chuckled, “Correction, she’s trying to deafen me.”

 

Yikari grinned goofily, matching her brother almost perfectly as she pulled herself away from Tao and clapped her hands together cutely, “Oh this is going to be perfect! You’re totally going to have to get matching suits so that everyone knows that you’re together! Oh we’ll have to hurry because Yifan’s got the worst taste in suits and you’ll end up in something ugly otherwise cause...”

 

“Yikari!” Yifan cut in, catching the girl by the back of her collar and pulling her back a few steps, “You are certainly not having anything to do with picking out our outfits or anything like that because you young lady are in trouble.”

 

Yikari blanched, “What for? I got you a date to the Dance right? Cause you would have never done it otherwise.”

 

Yifan nodded, glaring back at his sister, “Yes but the reason why you did was more than a little on the naughty side.”

 

“Well come on,” Yikari tried her best puppy dog eyes, “It wasn’t like I was going to go to the dance either you know.”

 

“You know that I know exactly what you were up to when you asked Tao to ask me to the dance,” Yifan said, trying not to burst into laughter, “Which means that you are in trouble and that you need to punished for it.”

 

“But, but you were the one who said that if you started dating that I could go out more and hang with my friends after school,” Yikari whined playfully, pouting towards the elder in some hopes of getting out of whatever punishment he had planned for her. Not that it would work of course, she knew that but everything was worth a try at least once.

 

Yifan shook his head, sighing, “Yes I did and since I did foolishly agree to it then yes that can happen but before you start getting all hyper and planning a million different things you are going to have a curfew and rules because I really don’t want to be worrying over you constantly.”

 

Tao chuckled, “You’d do that regardless Yifan.”

 

“Shush you,” Yifan said with a playful smirk towards Tao before turning towards Yikari who was still grinning from ear to ear right at this second in time, “But you are still going to be punished for being an interfering busy body missy and there is no way that you can get out of it either.”

 

Slumping her shoulders, Yikari pouted, “Okay, what have I got to do?”

 

Yifan grinned, “Well the clean up section of the committee for the Dance is going to be one person down so to save any last minute panics or hiccups I put your name down.”

 

Yikari blinked, “So I get to go to the dance?”

 

“To clean up only,” Yifan deadpanned towards the girl.

 

A grin spread across Yikari’s face, “That’s perfectly fine with me.”

 

“You weren’t supposed to react like that,” Yifan asked, his tone getting suspicious of just what his little sister was up to now.

 

Tao burst into laughter, “Yifan, you wally, you’ve just given a junior access to the senior dance. Even as a cleaner she’s going to have to go in looking ready for the dance.”

“Yifan Gege,” Yikari put on her most sickly sweet tone as she sidled up to her brother and wrapped her arms around him, “I get to come shopping with you two!”

 

Letting out a huff, Yifan tried to think of a way of getting out of this whole messy situation before realising that it was probably going to be best to just give in completely and go with the flow with all of this uttermost madness. He had a boyfriend and a date to the dance, he didn’t have to clean up all of the mess that would be left behind and he could have fun playing dress up with his little sister. It really was win-win all around, though part of him still worried that Yikari would be snapped up by some devil may care senior who would break her heart.

 

Tao bopped him lightly on the back of the head, “It’s time to let her grow up Yifan, you can’t keep hold of her forever.”

 

Yikari snuggled closer, “Plus be thankful I’m not Sehuna, she’s been driving Chanyeol completely nuts of late and virtually everything that she does.”

 

“Really?” Yifan asked, blinking in surprise, “He said that she was just acting up a bit more...”

 

“Oh she’s done more than that,” Yikari said, “she’s got herself a boyfriend for one thing.”

 

Yifan’s jaw clenched immediately, “Rule number one for you, no boys.”

 

“Duh,” Yikari said, rolling her eyes, “I’m not that stupid Yifan Ge.”

 

Tao chuckled, “We’ll see how long that lasts. Right now I say we best finish up this place and then I’ll take you both out for a meal huh?”

 

“Your boyfriend is the best Fanfan!” Yikari yelled, letting go of Yifan to once again glomp attack Tao in a very happy fit of being extremely happy right now. 

 

Authors babbling:

I had fun with this chapter after not updating for an age but I've been running around like a maniac for the last however long it's been and have been playing catch up this last week. I hope this makes up for the wait. 

And just in case it wasn't obvious, I support Tao in his decision - if we actually ever get a confirmation of it - and no I will not drop him from any of my stories nor will I give up on any of my stories. I just need to get back into some form of normal posting routine but who knows how that's going to work lol 

Hope you enjoyed it and I'll speak to you all next time