-deux-

Rains

Minions chingu~~ what's up?? ^0^ I'm really really sorry for the very late update.... I'll make it up to you all and our MinWoo~ here another crappy update focusing on our Jinwoo.... thank you so much and sorry again... *bows* *bows* *bows*

enjoy^^

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Jinwoo locks himself in his appartment for a week now. He doesn’t have any desire to meet with warm sunlight or let his lung filled with fresh air. Deep in his heart he has no desire to life anymore but a piece of letter he’s been holding gives him strength to breath.

Oppa, its our 23th birthday… happy birthday for us!^^

Do you realize that today’s wheather is way nicer than yesterday? well, maybe it’s a sign for us, that we will have better days ahead. I know you won’t let me close to you so I bought this hoodie for you, to keep you warm. I just wanna say that I’ll always be with you, so don’t ever think that you’re alone. Oh, I always notice you skip the ‘make a wish’ part on our birthday’s celebrations. Don’t you know that a birthday’s wish will be heard and surely granted by God? Anyway, this year too… don’t make any wish cause I’ll take yours so I’d get to make 2 wishes, hehe. Oppa, please stay healthy and be happy always~

me--> (~ ᵔ ɜ ᵔ)~  ( # -.-) <-- oppa

lots of love from your sister,

Kim Jini

            Jinwoo once again reads the letter that he just got to read a week ago when he looking for something in his drawer.  Jini, a twin sister who Jinwoo tends to hate. No, maybe not hate but envy so much. They’re never been close with each other. Both of them only find out that they’re twin siblings on their 12th  birthday.

 

***

-12 years ago-

            Mr.Kim excitedly drives his small family to a small town called Mokpo. Jinwoo just sleeps all the way there in the back seat as he’s still tired. Its only been 3 days since they’re landed in Korea, this whole time the Kim family lives in Canada. Of course, sometimes they’d pay a visit to the country especially the town where Jinwoo’s uncle’s family lives. However, after Jinwoo is being judged that he gets a lot better by doctor. The family decides to go back to Korea and starts anew in Seoul.

They’re welcomed by warm hugs of Jinwoo’s uncle’s family once they’re arrived. Jinwoo notices how his parents hug Jini so tightly and lovingly. They also bought so many gifts for the cousin Jinwoo never cares about. Jinwoo is the type that never cares about anyone.

“Happy birthday Kim Jinwoo and Kim Jini~” the whole house cheers for Jinwoo and Jini who are situated in the middle of their families. Jinwoo never minds about birthday thingy but he does mind about two names written on the cake. Jinwoo and Jini.

“Dad, is this Jinwoo oppa’s birthday too?” before blowing the candles, Jini asks her dad innocently. In other side, Jinwoo’s eyes catches a bundle of tears in his mom’s eyes.

“I don’t like to share anything with anyone especially my birthday!” Their parents are quite taken aback when Jinwoo suddenly throws his tantrum. But they’re used with Jinwoo’s attitude, the kid can’t be ever happy nor friendly. So, Jinwoo’s mom takes a place in between them, while holding both Jinwoo’s and Jini’s shoulders.

“Jinwoo-yah, don’t be like that… come on blow the candles and make a wish? Jini is already waiting.” she says with soft voice. Jinwoo wants to protest but his mom’s sweet smile makes him blow the candles anyway together with Jini. But he quickly walks away after that.

“So, care to explain now? why I have to celebrate my birthday together with her?” Jinwoo angrily asks his parents in which his dad answers.

“Jinwoo-yah. Listen to dad, actually you and Jini shares the same date of birth. Jini is your sister. You two are twins… I’m sorry that you two just know it now. We didn’t mean to keep it secret. There’s a complicated situation when you two were born, so we have to brought you abroad and left Jini with uncle in here. So, Jinwoo...from now on, please be well to your sister ok?”

            After knowing the truth. Jinwoo refuses to talk with anyone and just sitting outside, at the veranda.

“Oppa…Jinwoo oppa, what are you doing here?” A soft voice of Jini comes from behind, startling Jinwoo.

“That’s suppose to be me asking, why are you here?” Jinwoo asks back with cold voice. Jini bites her lower lips, scared of him but she remembers why she’s here and a smile creeps on her lips.

“I just want to give you the cake…” Jini shoves a piece of cake that she specially cuts for Jinwoo in front of him. Jinwoo didn’t need any more second to flip it away.

“You’re not my sister and don’t call me oppa!” after saying that, Jinwoo ran inside locking himself in the room.

***

            Jinwoo remembers when their parents wants Jini to live together with them, Jini politely refuses it. Jini was afraid that it would make Jinwoo mad at her even more and Jinwoo knows it but again, he didn’t care. They only meet during vacation or on their birthday’s celebration. Jini always tries to close the distance between them but Jinwoo never tired to set the distance even further. Jini learns that Jinwoo has serious problem with his health, apparently that’s the reason why their parents had to brought him abroad for better medication. She understand that, after all he cares a lot of Jinwoo and she hopes the best for him so she always be careful around him. Jini secretly taking care of him when he is sick but that only earning her scolds and harshs words from Jinwoo.

            Well, he always mad at Jini he himself can’t understand. Maybe because she’s too fine despite being half-abandoned by their parents. Maybe because she’s too friendly despite being treated harshly by Jinwoo. Maybe because she was born healthy and he was not. Maybe because she can do anything he can’t.

Jinwoo sadly stares at the rain drops on his window as he remembers the last time he let out all his anger at Jini even though he knows she has no fault.

 

***

-A year ago-   

“Oppa. where are you going?” Jini runs after Jinwoo who’s still in hospital gown.

Jinwoo is furious, how many times did he need to tell his parents that he doesn’t want to be hospitalized anymore, that he hates the smell of hospital.

“Stop following me and calling me oppa. Just get the hell out of my sight. I don’t want to be here.” Jinwoo shouts at Jini.

“No. you’re not allowed to go anywhere.” Jini blocks Jinwoo’s way. Jinwoo just got back his consciousness after losing it for 3 days. So, no way Jini would let him acting stubborn.

“Move.” Jinwoo’s voice sounds dangerous, but Jini remains still blocking him.

“No. please, at least wait for some days more until doctor gives you permission to leave. I know you dislike the idea but you need to stay for the medication. Your body is still weak, you might collapse again. Please don’t be stubborn, you yourself know that your illness isn’t one that can be cured-” Jini quickly covers , realizing she’s talking too much crossing the line.

“Are you saying that I can’t survive this illness? that’s why I told you all to just give up! I’m already tired of all this you don’t understand.” Jinwoo clutches on his chest as the pain comes again but he manages to push Jini off and walks away.

            Jini is left in tears. She feels guilty after saying those to Jinwoo. She realizes that the truth is she still can’t understand Jinwoo and his feelings. She’s drowned in her own thoughts didn’t realize that an half of hour had passed and Jinwoo is already gone. She hurriedly runs out of the hospital and everywhere to find Jinwoo, not minding the heavy rain pouring the earth.

            After probably an hour of searching, Jini finds Jinwoo wobbly walking in the middle of busy streets. His hand on his chest telling that he’s in pain. She shouts calling Jinwoo’s name but the latter didn’t hear anything. She’s running crossing the streets towards him. When Jinwoo notices her, he tries to run away.

“Jinwoo…!!” Jini runs faster and jumps onto Jinwoo. She gets him in her arms right before a speedy car hits both of them. The twins are bloody lying on the street, with their hands clasped, under the rain.

***

Tears flow down wetting his pillow. He quietly cries and the sound of rain fall is all he hears. Jinwoo just realized it now, how kind and caring his sister is and how bad he is. Only now, when his sister is already gone. Jini is dead… and she is dead because of him.

“Stupid. Who says it’s because of you oppa?” Jinwoo’s eyes shut open when he hears Jini’s voice echoes in his room. He looks at the doorway, Jini is there. Folding her arms on her chest, head resting on the door’s frame. He watches her as she walking closer and laying on his bed beside him. She turns to face Jinwoo with soft gaze on him.

“Jini-yah…” Jinwoo’s voice is cracked, he doesn’t realize that he’s crying.

“Are you going to scold me for calling you oppa?” Jini smiles faintly. Jinwoo shakes his head, pressing his lips together to stop himself from crying. “Then can I call you oppa?” Jini glances at Jinwoo who nods repeatedly with a sad face. “Yay, finally. I’m so happy. Now, I can officially brag to people that I have a cool and handsome oppa.” Jinwoo can hear Jini’s giggles and the sadness in it.

“Jini-yah, I’m sorry…” Jinwoo mutters.

“Oppa, I love everything about you but I don’t like this side of you. Instead of apologize, why don’t you promise me?” Jini’s hand reaches Jinwoo’s hair and carresses it gently.

“Promise you what?”

“Be good to mom and dad. Live your life happily, don’t blame yourself or anyone for anything happened or regret them. Don’t close yourself anymore. Darkness isn’t your place. Go out, let people know how bright you are. I know you’re actually a good person, you just acting like a brat because you feel lonely. But you know, I’m always with you. I really mean it when I tell you that I take your chance to make a wish, you know what I wished for? I wish for your health and happiness forever. God will granted them only if you let Him to. So please, don’t make my wishes wasted? promise?” Jini looks at him with sparkling eyes. She looks exactly like female version of him, and Jinwoo just realized how beautiful his sister is. It’s a shame that Jinwoo never even once take a good look at his sister. Jinwoo's also aware that he hurts this beautiful sister of his a lot.

“Jini-yah, why did you do that? I dont deserve this...you supp-”

“I love you oppa… please promise me?” She cuts Jinwoo's words and pouts cutely.

“I-I promise. I’m sorry Jini, I know its too late. But I love you too, my sister.” Jinwoo’s genuine smile is almost unseen but Jini sees it clearly. She moves closer and hugs him. Jinwoo drifts to sleep in her warm embrace.

***

“Jini!!!” Jinwoo wakes up from his nap hardly breathing, sweat running down from his forehead to his jaw. He looks around only to find he’s alone in his bed while hugging a gray hoodie, a birthday’s gift from Jini. He had dream about Jini. She hugs him tightly before walking away to somewhere full of lights leaving Jinwoo alone.

He looks up at the sky that’s turning blue through the window’s glass on his side. He made a soft whisper that he hopes Jini would hear.

“Thank you Jini-yah. I will do as I promised to you. But I’m not sure, I don’t know how to be happy.”

            Jinwoo falls asleep once again and only wakes up when the sound of knocks on his appartment’s door is calling for him. He wants to ignore but seems like it won’t stop and even gets louder. Whoever decides to interupt his peaceful sleep is surely ready to die. He swings the door open angrily only to find no one but a food’s container placed in front of his door. Jinwoo bends down to grab a note on it saying :

Please take care of your health and eat this nutritious foods…^^

No matter how bad yesterday was, today is a good day and tomorrow will be even better. (9   ᷆O  ᷇)9

-Song Mino-