Chapter 8

Mistaken Endearment


When I woke up the next morning Amber was standing in the balcony and there was a box on the coffee table beside me. I decided to open it right away, pulling out an all black suit with a dark grey shirt and a black tie. There was also a card, telling me I had to be there by 4:15 I looked at the current time which read 2:30. I walked fast out of bed, going into the washroom to get ready for the day. I pushed my hair to one side, and then got dressed pulling the tie over my neck, trying to tie it myself but failing each time. I felt nervous as I walked out the bathroom and towards Amber, handing her my tie. She didn't say anything. as she was lifting up my collar I felt her cold hands skim my neck. "Don't stay out there for to long." I spoke. "Alright." Her voice was quiet. She tied the tie quickly and then walked away. I took my phone and leaned against the bedroom door, watching Amber organize her things. "I don't know when I'll be back, Im leaving the keys here, just open the door when I'm back." I waited for her to respond and felt hurt when she didn't, before walking out the door. 

As soon as I arrived at the shoot I regretted it. Jonghyun was there, also dressed up, his eyes were closed as the makeup artist brushed some makeup on his face. I looked away and went to find and greet the photographer who then showed me to my own makeup and hair artist, I closed my eyes and rested my head while I got my makeup done. And then I woke up to looking like I had the skin of a newborn. The hair stylist came and started playing around with my hair before actually styling it. When I was done I went to go talk to the photographer again. Who directed me to just go stand there so he can start taking pictures. I changed my pose every now and then, then they decided to incorporate Jonghyun into this shoot too. He was wearing an all grey suit with a black shirt that was ed far to low, revealing a bit of his chest and a tie that was hardly tied. "Someone fix him." The photographer called and around three people appeared to Botton his shirt and tie his tie properly. We continued the photoshoot, taking awkward pictures with one another. "Aren't you guys from the same band? What's with the vibe?" He called. "Try to relax a bit!" He continued taking pictures of us. I exhaled and tried to relax exactly how the photographer had asked me to. When we were done everyone who had helped was being treated to dinner by the photographer. We quickly ate, it was 12am by the time we were done and then I thanked everyone for helping me and for the food before I headed towards home.

I texted Amber asking her if she was awake. And then I called her. There was still no response. When I was close enough I started running and run until I made it to the front of the hotel door, knocking on the door, but no one opened the door so I ran down to the desk asking them if they had an extra key in the front. "You have to prove to us you live there." The guy on the other counter there spoke. "Ask one of your employees, we always get room service." I realized how rude I sounded. "Sorry, I'm just in an hurry." I added. I tried showing him the picture from yesterday that Amber and I took before we left. "See, those are our things." I pointed to the things in the back. "Follow me" he said, pulling out a key from a stack of a few million. I followed him to my room and he opened it up, walking inside with me. I looked around for Amber, realizing the washroom door was locked. "Thank you, sorry to bother you, she was in the washroom." I thanked the man who had helped me get into my own temporary home and tipped him as he walked away. 

When I turned from closing the door I saw Amber and without thinking about it glued her to me. "Minho." He voice barely a whisper. I pulled away. "Why weren't you answering?" I asked. "I'm bleeding." She looked at me. I looked at her not finding a trace of blood. "What? How? And where?" I asked, still looking at her trying to find it. And then it hit me ... Her period. "Do you have cramps?" I realized how awkward I made everything. "No." She held back a weary smile. "It's not good to bleed during pregnancies." Amber broke eye contact, wrapping her arms around herself "And it's also causing pain." She said. "We're going to the hospital." I took her hand, heading out the hotel and catching a taxi. She was quiet on the ride there, I could tell she was afraid. I closed my eyes, leaning my head back on the seat, taking her hand in mine. "It'll be fine." I spoke. I felt her hand turn cold , opening my eyes to see that she had passed out. I pulled her towards me and tried waking her but she wouldn't  wake up. We arrived at the hospital at this time and I ran with her in my arms into the emergency room. The doctors took her the second we got in. I watched how they wheeled her away telling me to stay where I was. A nurse came by, standing across me. "Does she have any allergies?" She asked. "No." I said. "And you're her ....-" "Boyfriend." I finished her sentance.  As soon as the nurse walked away my phone started ringing. "Hel-" "Hey! Minho! You need to hurry back to Korea, your moms in the hospital I don't think she'll last that long she really wants to see you." My voice was cut off and now even if I wanted to speak I couldn't. "Minho?" Jonghyun asked. "Ye-e-a. I'm coming." My voice stuttered. I ran towards Amber's room but they wouldn't let me in. "I just need to say bye!" I yelled while being pulled away by two nurses. I stood in front of ambers window and saw her laying there surrounded by doctors and nurses. As soon as we made eye contact the nurse turned the blinds and I couldn't see her anymore. 

I hailed a cab, calling Taemin. "Hey, did you finally miss me?" He asked. "Not the time for that, go to the hospital, ambers there she should be done soon I'm headed back to Korea." I motioned the cab driver to driver faster. "Why?" He asked "I'll explain later Jonghyun called there's an emergency." I shut the phone as we arrived infront of the airport, I headed in and got the next flight to Korea.