Chapter 5 Taemin

Mistaken Endearment
 
"Taemin!" Amber nearly yelled as she pulled her hand out of mine and ran into Taemin's arms. I put my luggage in the shelf above my seat which was currently in the position of a bed. I then walked towards them. "Taemin? I didn't know you were also going to Australia?" I asked. "Senpai." He bowed. "Shut up Taemin." I said, noticing how Amber laughed. Taemin looked at me and smiled. "Congrats." He firmly placed his hand on my shoulder. "You two are a great couple." He smiled at both of us. "We're not dating." Amber whispered. "Oh..." Taemin's voice trailed. I couldn't believe she'd tell him so suddenly. "Well that's good too, because both of you are still great people." He looked at her while he spoke. "The flights about to take off, so we should sit down." I broke their unannounced staring competition between each other as I helped Amber with her bag. "Let me." Taemin took the bag from my hand and placed it on the shelf above Ambers seat. I went to go lay down on my seat. "Taemin! Are you sitting here? That's great! We can talk throughout the flight! It's awesome how you got to come on this flight too!" I heard Ambers voice from the opposite side of the wall. She laughed every now and then at her conversation with Taemin and soon they started watching a video which I later couldn't hear because they plugged in headphones as most of the people traveling first class had fallen asleep. I almost wished Taemin never came on this flight. Seeing the way Amber was so happy around him and so down and sad around me made me feel as if each time she saw me she thought of that night she was and then the day she found out she was pregnant. I felt as if my existence caused her even more pain. I hated how I couldn't make her laugh as much as Taemin could and that each time she was around me she was always quiet and never had much to say whereas with Taemin she'd never stop talking. The anger I felt towards Taemin who I knew was best friends with not only Amber but also me made it hard to fall asleep. So I asked for some Tylenol and soon the drugs knocked me out cold. 
 
When I woke up I saw Amber walking towards my seat, her hand on her head she stepped back and then forward again, I realized what was happening and caught her before she fell, gently lying her on my bed I ran towards the kitchen area of the plane which was made up of three counters one of which had a sink on it, I noticed an air hostess. "Hi! Miss, my girlfriend, she fainted ... I think. can I have some fruits and some water or something  ?!" My voice shook as I spoke. "Do you possibly know what caused her to faint?" She walked around the kitchen gathering certain  things. Pregnancy I thought. "Oh um. I'm not sure." I said. "Okay give her juice I'll be right there with something to eat." She handed me a wine glass filled with orange juice. 
  
I walked back to Amber and found Taemin sitting by her side. "Here." He almost took the juice from me. "I'll do it." I almost glared at him as I kneeled down towards Amber who was now awake, placing my hand under her head and helping her swallow the juice. I saw her ghostly white lips change back to the pinky red they always were. The air-hostess came wheeling a tray with what smelled like eggs on it. "Thank you." I took the bowl of crushed boiled eggs and fruit from her. "I can eat it." Amber took the plate from me and started feeding herself. Taemin excused himself and went to talk on his phone. "Did you not eat last night?" I asked Amber. "I did eat. I think it's because I didn't sleep enough." She swallowed. "You're taking the roll of being my boyfriend really nicely." Amber smirked. I smiled and shook my head at her, happy yet disappointed. "Take care of yourself." I ruffled my hand in her hair. "You're already doing it for me." She smiled. I felt butterflies, breaking eye contact with her and staring at my feet. "I'm gonna go brush my teeth." I got up and went to the washroom. I looked at myself in the mirror not knowing who I was. I thought of Taemin being alone with Amber at this very moment I was gone and felt more frustrated, running out the washroom and stopping a third of the way there. Was I jealous? Of another boy talking to a girl who  I wasn't even sure how I felt about? I slowly walked my way back to my seat, where Amber was now sleeping. The announcement went on that we were landing soon so I went to go sit on Ambers seat. I folded my legs close to my body and wrapped my arms around them, feeling scared. I thought I knew exactly who I was but what I felt told me I was wrong so wrong  I closed my eyes as the plane landed, hitting the ground and throwing me a centimeter above my seat. I leaned over the wall like division between my seat and Ambers seat checking to see if she was fine and sure enough she smiled at me. And then I went back sitting in my position, continuing to over think everything. I would've never done this if I was with anyone else. I wouldn't have cared if the plane landed in such a ty way and even if it did I'd check for my own safety first. I opened my eyes, realizing it was probably just because she was pregnant that caused me to want to take care of her so much and nothing else. I stood up grabbing her bags before I went to get mine. Amber held my arm as we walked out the airplane while wheeling our bags behind us. Taemin took the less obvious was out of the plane and even the airport agreeing to meet us at the closest McDonald's he found. 
 
 
It was dark out and it smelled of mud. Thankfully there was not too many reporters. We waved at fans as we stuffed our things into the taxi and then got in ourselves. I handed the taxi driver a paper which had the name of the hotel scribbled on it and we soon arrived to a gigantic hotel. I told Amber to wait outside while I went in to put the bags away. The hotel room was almost like a penthouse except it didn't have that many rooms, in fact it only had one room with one bed. I placed all the bags in that room and decided to look around quickly before I left, noticing all the details of the place. 
 
At McDonald's Taemin ordered burgers for all of us and we ate in silence. "Are you staying in the same hotel at us?" Amber asked Taemin. "Nah I don't think I am. Those rooms are big but only have one bedroom and I'm staying at the one closer to were I'm filming." He said. Why would he need two rooms in the first place? I thought to myself. Amber lightly elbowed me "Does our room have one bed?" She asked. I thought about lying and saying I didn't know. "It also has a couch and a floor." I listed other places I could've slept besides the bed. Amber said nothing. Taemin was the first one to leave claiming he had a busy day ahead of him and that he'd call us when he was free. After Amber and I were soon done eating and made our way back home. 
 
Amber hopped into the shower after I was done and I played around on my laptop waiting for her to be finished. I heard my phone beep and checked to see that the message was from Jonghyun. I hesitated thinking about wether or not I should check the text or not. I ended up turning the phone off and placing it between the mattresses just as Amber walked out in her short and over sized t shirt, her hair was dropping wet and she had a towel thrown over her shoulder, using it to squeeze some of the water out. She smiled at me before she sat in front of the mirror and started applying a ton of different products. "You look worried." She made eye contact with me through the mirror. I was sprawled on top of the bed. "Jonghyun texted." I spoke after a short silence. "What did he say?" She started brushing her hair.  "I don't know, I turned my phone off." I watched as she started blow drying her hair just before tying it up in a ponytail. "Are you going to reply?" She walked over on the bed and laid on her side facing me. I sat up placing the laptop on the side table and then laying back down, our feet towards the headboard of the bed. "I don't know if I want to talk to him." I turned to look at her who was already yawning. "I'll let you sleep now." I began to get off the bed but she stopped me. "Just stay." Amber rubbed her eye with her free hand. "It's not like anything can happen now." She sat up, looking at her stomach and then placed her head on the correct side of the bed, still holding my arm. I set myself free and turned the lights off before climbing under the covers. I stayed as far off to my side as I could, getting the same feeling I had whenever we were alone and close. "Minho." She said. "Hmm?" I turned to her side of the bed still laying down. She took my hand under the blanket and placed it on her bare skin. "It hurts right here." I realized it was her stomach and I turned the lamp on my side table on. I didn't know how to respond for a second, still thinking about how smooth her skin felt. "Uhm. I'll go check if I can find any painkillers in my bag." I felt my heart race even though I walked as slowly as I could out the room just to where we had placed our bags for the night. I started looking through my bag unable to find anything. So I decided to just give her some water. I walked back in there and she was almost in the stretching position where you would touch your toes while sitting down except her hands were wrapped around her stomach. "Don't do that Amber." I placed my hand on her arm and pulled her arms away from being wrapped around herself so tightly. I asked her to drink water and told her I couldn't find any painkillers. She drank the water and laid back down. I placed the water on her side table before coming back to my side of the bed and turning the lamp off. "Get some sleep. And tell me if it starts hurting more I'll go get some medicine then." I again faced to opposite side of her and kept my distance. "Minho." She said again. I turned to her side again just as she stuffed her head into my chest. I knew exactly what i felt now, butterflies. But why? She was just a girl. I didn't know what to say or do so I just stayed where I was, inhaling the way her hair smelt. Amber too my arm and placed it over herself. "Amber." I spoke. "Are you okay with this?" Her breath hit my chest. "Yeah, fine." I lied, hesitating. I soon fell asleep. 
 
When I woke up the next morning Amber wasn't in bed, I walked out to go see her laughing with Taemin, who was holding his phone up, video calling someone I guessed. "Jonghyun! Minho just got up!" Taemin said just as I turned around and walked back inside. I heard Amber covering for me, saying that I was cranky in the morning. I went and pulled my phone out from between the mattresses. Turning it on and opening jonghyuns message.
 
 
"I was rude, I know it's late but I'm sorry." It read.