Sixteen: Truth

My Professor, Do Kyungsoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Truth:

 

I am scared of looking at him right now. I am in trouble! I loosened my grip from his hand and about to pull my hand but he held it tight. I know he is looking at me now and I can't bring myself to raise my head at look at him back. What if I met his eyes? I am going to be mesmerized. I have decided. I will forget about him. But why things are getting more and more complicated as time goes by? I am already in the phase of moving on. Why does he keep on turning my world upside down and bring me back to square one? "L-let go…" I whispered in a very low voice that I even doubt myself if he could hear me say it. He is so confusing. It feels like a joke. If he was joking I swear it wasn't funny, not even close to funny. Was he playing with me? Is this still part of his game? I gulped and bravely raised my head to look at him. He looks… disturbed. Was he serious? Is this even for real? Wait, am I not dreaming? I know this is stupid. I just can't believe what is going on. Kyungsoo, my English professor, admits that he likes me… too? "Hye--" "Stop! Please stop!" I shouted now wanting to hear more. It will just put more pressure on me. "Let go of my hand." I demanded plainly. Maybe he could tell that I am shocked. Who wouldn't? I didn't even see this coming. I felt how he let go of my hand and I'll be lying if I say I am not disappointed. I know what I really want and that is for him to hold my hand so tight and never let go. But today isn't the right time. I need time to think. This is happening so fast and besides I have made up my mind. And now he's here, telling me he likes me. This is so confusing! I am going to be out of my mind. "I am sorry but I'm already dating Sehun." Think of an excuse. I think I have said the right one. He knew it. He knows that Sehun and I are dating even though we really are not. I looked at him in the eyes, his eyes softened. "I know. I just want to tell you what I really feel or else I'll go crazy." He replied with a small smile. I am hurting. Am I hurting him too? He looks away as he stands up and I just stared ahead of me. "I'll be going now. I'm sorry for disturbing." He plainly said before walking towards the door. I, too, stand up and follow him. "I'll leave now…" he said and I nod. No waves, no goodbyes. He opens the door and then walks away. As soon as I heard the door clicked closed, I collapsed. Why are they keep on confusing me?

          From: Jongin

          Alright. Sehun and I are both coming.

I read Jongin's reply to my message saying I have something to tell. I also asked him if he could bring Sehun too. Fortunately, they are both coming. I sat quietly in the living room. I hug my knees as I stared ahead of me. I like you, Hyemin! His words keep on playing inside my head. I just want to tell you what I really feel or else I'll go crazy. Ugh! I shake my head trying to erase the memory of him. This is so frustrating! So confusing! I might go crazy instead of him! He says he'll go crazy but I am the one who is going to be crazy right now. I run up to my room and then buried my face beneath the pillow. Thoughts of Kyungsoo, go away! Go away and never come back! I don't want to hear you! I chanted inside my head. I need something to keep me busy. I scanned my room trying to find something that I can avert my attention. I need to distract myself. I found a book inside the drawer of my side table, the book that I have been reading for a while but put to a stop since I am so distracted by Kyungsoo. I turn to the page I have last read and then read the next line. So, happens!

 

"I love you!" I shouted for him to hear. He turns around with a smile on his face.

He was wearing the smirk that once captured my heart. "I love you too!"

I run to--

 

"The is this ?" I said slamming the book closed. I got no time for this. I placed the book back to the drawer and then continue on finding something to entertain me. Just then, I heard the door being unlocked. There is no other person that knows my passcode, it has to be Jongin. "Hey!" I greeted the both of them as I saw them walking towards the living room. They both greeted me with hi and a smile. Sehun is the first one who sits followed by the both of us. I then to feel comfortable, sat on the floor instead, facing the two. "Sorry we're late. Sehun need to finish his duty." Jongin started and I nodded. "There is no problem. Do you guys have dinner already?" I asked trying to loosen up. Gosh! The air seemed so thick. I can't breathe properly. I am nervous. "Yea, just a while ago." Sehun said as he took one of the pillows and then brought to his lap. "Anyway, what is it that you want to tell us?" He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter