01.

I don't need a pet [English]

 

Junhyung thought that the lack of sleep was playing a trick on him, after all cats do not speak, right? Because that's all he can see. A black ball of fur.

 

Kikwang didn't know what to do, he could feel that something was wrong. His tail bristled and he arched his back as a sign to attack.

 

"Kwa ... ng ... ie ..." A voice whispered behind the bushes.

 

Junhyung's eyes widened and looked away from the little animal and led quickly to where he thought he heard a voice again.

 

Again Kikwang felt that something was not normal and began to hiss while backing up where the poor Yoseob was.

 

"Hello? Anyone there? "He asked moving forward and ignoring the animal completely.

 

"Are you o... Ouch!" He couldn't do or say more because he felt little fangs piercing his ankle and claws creeping up his leg. "What the hell?" Kikwang was climbing up his calf.

 

Shove off!" I tried to get rid of the enraged animal while I was trying to find the source of that sweet voice I had heard before. "I only want to help your owner..."

 

But it wasn't his owner that he found. Absolutely not. It was another ball of fur,shaking and in pain.

 

He took off his jacket and tried to catch the enraged animal who scratched and bit his hands. When he finally got it, he picked up carefully the small orange fur ball which he found and placed it next to his chest. The kitty seems calm and Junhyung couldn't help, but smiled.

 

~*~

 

"What's wrong? Will he be fine? He is not going to die, right?"

"I still don't know what he is suffering from. Yes, he'll be fine. And no, he is not going to die. But what happened to you?"

"That black ball bit me. Look at my hand, it's all because of him! I'm sure I got the rabies or something... "

"Please Junhyung, calm down. You're perfectly fine. I'm sure you went to bed with something worse... "

"Very funny, Doojoon, you're very funny." He said as he dropped onto a chair in the consulting room without taking his eyes off the orange kitty, who was sleeping peacefully. "And by the way, you look awful."

"Thanks buddy. I love you too." A disheveled and moody Doojoon answered him as he approached the cage where was the other little fur ball.

"You should sleep..."

"I was trying to when a madman suddenly started pounding on my door this morning. Oh wait. It was you. "

"What do you want me to do? He looks like he is suffering a lot..."

"And you... since when do you care about animals so much? I thought your pet concept was that roommate of yours. "

"Seriously, you're very funny. I don't know why the comedy club doesn't call you." He said giving up as he stood up again. "I have to go to the studio"

"And I have a consulation that I have to attend but I am here with your cats." He said approaching his good friend and passing his arm around his shoulders. "Go to the studio, do what you have to do and stop worrying!"

"Thanks ..." That's all he could say.

"You're welcome." He used his best smile as he accompanied him and led the way to the door. "Now, get out"

 

~*~

 

If you think Junhyung has a bad start to his day, it is getting worse now. They had to finish a project for a magazine to be published in a few days, but a failure in the power supply had left them without electricity for more than two hours. Implying problems and more problems. And since he couldn't progress and the schedule didn't go as planned, he thought about visiting his little furry ball at the clinic to check on his condition. Yes, it's his, he didn't care what Doojoon would think of him. But things never go as you want and everyone had decided to ask him for help. So all he got was half dozen of phone calls that always got the same answer. He is fine.

 

When the power supply was up, they started working on their computers, recovering the files which got lost by the sudden power cut. Everyone in the office calmed down once they all got their work back on track. It's the end of the day, but Junhyung is still stucked with his camera and flashlights.

 

Doojoon had told him not to worry, they were in good hands, but that did not stop him to call the culprit of the start of this crazy history.

 

"Hyung~ Is something wrong?"

"Yah, Dongwoonah, Where are you? Your classes have ended, right?"

"I'm in the library hyung, where do you want me to be at? It seems incredible that you don't kn-"

"Okay, then you've finished. Go to see Doojoon and tell him I won't be able to go today and to tell you what you have to do."

"Huh ...?"

"Go, now" and he hung up.

 

And Dongwoon didn't catch anything Junhyung said but he started to pack up the books. He knew that Junhyung would not ask him if it was not really important. In addition, he was given the opportunity to go to see the incredibly attractive doctor with the perfect excuse. And he definitely will not miss the chance.

 

~*~

When he arrived at the veterinary clinic a father with his daughter were coming out of the consultation and there was only a couple left at the waiting room. It was almost closing time and he felt a little bad for coming so late. But… Jun told him to go and he did it. The nurse told him to take a seat while waiting for the doctor to attend to him. He sat down on one of those uncomfortable chairs and looked the posters on the walls over and over again while waiting.

 

"I hope I don't to have to see you again soon"

"We hope too. Thank you very much, I don't know what we would have done without you"

"Don't say that, It's my job after all" he said while they said goodbye. He was all smile.

 

"Dongwoonie, Jun told me you were coming, come in please" He said as he dissapeared behind the door. "Tell him that he can breathe, I still don'tknow what he was suffering from but at least he is stable now. Although I would prefer him to stay here for a couple of days. As a precaution, you know. The other... the other cat is driving me crazy, he doesn't stop meowing and every time someone tries to approach him he snort, scratch and there is no way to calm him. He didn't eat all day, he only turn around in the cage ... I really don't know what to do with him..."

"..."

"Since we sedated him this morning we couldn't touch him again and ... Dongwoon?"

"Hyung ... What are you talking about?"

"About the cats that Jun brought this morning" He said pointing towards the back door.

"Cats...?"

"Didn't you come for that? I thought Jun had sent you because of that. "

"Yes. But he just told me to come, and tell you that he will not be able to come today and get the message ... But I had no idea what he was talking about..." The younger bit his lower lip as he look at him and scratching his neck.

"I see ... Well, that's all. Tell him to relax and that he could come by when he can. And tell him to stop calling me please, if something happens I will call him"

"And... can I see them?"

"Huh?

"Cats..." He did not want to leave so soon. He finally got to come without an absurd excuse and he want to stay as long as possible too. And if he had to be interested in a cats, he will do it.

"Sure, but one is sleeping and the other one, as I said before, nobody can go close to him. We've put him in another room because it was difficult for us to work with him around." He said as they come close where the small orange animal was sleeping peacefully."There he is"

"It's small. Very small "Great phrase Dongwoon, great phrase, yes.

"Hahahaha. Yes, he is small, but I don'tthink he is more than three months "

"I only know about films"

"I know, don't worry" The doctor said ruffling his hair as he continued to laugh." And here is where we have the Tasmanian devil..." He said as he opened the door to the other room.

 

"Yoseob!Yoseobie! "

 

"Yoseob?"

"Huh? Did you say something? "Doojoon turned to face him.

"Me? It wasn't you? "

"No, I did not say anything..."

~*~