Chapter 06 ; Smile!

Finally Found You

Jiyeon's POV

I grab my bag and went out. I decided to find a part time job. I'll also try to find a nice gift for mom since her birthday is nearing. I shoul've planned it a month before, though. I don't even think I could ask my boss if I could get my pay check early. Well, If I ever find a job. I'll just use my aegyo! Nah, just kidding. I don't have any aegyo. My face isn't that cute anyway. If it's Krystal or IU, I bet they could pull off a really cute aegyo. 

"Uwa! It's so called outside." I rubbed both of my hands and blew them but it didn't help. Its great thing, though, that I wore a sweater and a jacket. Whenever it's nearing December, it's so cold like damn cold! The only good thing about it is that it snows. It's really fun playing outside while snowing. You get to build a snowman. Have a snowball fight with someone. Build a igloo or something. It would fun if you were young but I think that teenagers and older people can do that too. You can never be too old or too young to do what you love. 

I checked my bag again if I had everything. I don't want to forget anything. "Okay good! Everything is there." I closed my bag. Time to find a good and suitable job. I got a list. I searched yesterday. 

The one that caught my eye is the dance instructor. I love dancing and I want to spread my talent to anyone who also loves dancing. I'm very passionate about it but it's not my dream job to be a dancer or a dance instructor. I just don't find it as a practical job. If it's only a part time, I guess it's okay. My mom doesn't really expect me to choose a job that isn't suitable for me. Whatever I like, I should just follow it. She just doesn't want me to grow up like her 'cause she's just a dishwasher. 

I actually think that she's awesome! I wanna be like her. She's my role model plus my hero and that will never change. 

Although, my dad expects me to follow his footsteps because they don't have a heir to the company. I'm the only eligible family member to be the next person to handle the company. Grandfather actually doesn't want it though, but since dad is kinda an idiot he told him that I'll grew up as a smart and eligible heir. I just want to smack him in the head for telling grandfather that. I'm not even smart! Gosh!

I look at the address. It's just near. I could just walk it so I could save money. 

Soon I arrive at my destination. "Ice Motion Dance Studio." Well here I go! I push the door opened. I walked up to the receptionist. She was talking to someone over the phone but I guess she noticed me 'cause she raise up her hand at me. I think it means just wait. So I wait.

I could hear some music playing. Its 7/11 by Beyonce. I looked at the receptionist. Well, she looks like she's fighting with someone over the line so I guess its not that bad if I go check one of the rooms. So I walked towards the room. The song keeps on getting louder and louder while I walked closer to it. The door has a little window so I could see their performance. There was four girls dancing to the song. "Wave your hands side to side, put it in the air."

Wow! Such a y and powerful performance. To be honest, now I think that I couldn't be a dance instructor. The way they move is just awesome. And their level of dancing is like way of the roof. If I dance, its just an amateur dancing.

I was too immersed on watching them that I didn't notice that someone opened the door. "Omo! You scared me." The girl, who opens the door, laughs. I scratch my nape and bowed. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to block your way." She looks kinda familiar. Its like I've seen her before. 

She pats my back and laughs again. "That's fine! You wee watching them aren't you? They're cool huh? This is Mina Myoung's class and that's her in the middle. " She points at the girl wearing a black plain sweater. I nodded. "They're cool! I mean their performance is y and powerful. It really has that awesome vibe to it." 

She chuckles. "Well, are you here to sign up to any class? The receptionist is just there." She looked at the girl in the reception and paused. "I guess I could sign you up. I think she's fighting with somebody." 

I shook my hands. "No. No." She was shocked by actions. "I mean I'm not here to sign up as a student but as a dance instructor. I heard you guys are looking for another dance instructor so I would like to apply." 

"Oh. Yes! We're looking for another one since a lot of people especially kids and teens are signing up. All of the staff are going all around because the number of students are increasing everyday." She looks at me from head to toe. "Well if you're here to apply, we still need to see if you're capable of being a dance teacher. Why don't you show us some dance moves?"

She pulls me inside and stops the music. The girls who were dancing groaned. "Yo! May J, why did you stop the music?" Said the girl named Mina Myoung. So the girl's name is May J. Wait wait! May J? Mina? Now I remember! They're the girls on Youtube. They post dance choreographies. I didn't know they work here but it would be obvious since this dance studio is the most famous one in Seoul!

"We're here to judge the new dance teacher. Hey.. Umm.. What's your name?" 

"Jiyeon. Park Jiyeon is my name." I bowed again. 

"Oh.. Well what song would you like to play?" Mina asked. I scratch my head. "I don't really know what 'cause I didn't see on the blog to prepare a dance." 

"It would have been obvious that you'll dance but any song is okay with you huh?" May J grabbed the remote from Mina and played Say My Name By Destiny's Child.

I put my bag down. I took a deep breath. First, I let the music get into me. I walked and tried to stretch my arms then I started dancing. I dance like no one is there. When I dance I couldn't see anything. I just see a light on me and everything was black. As the song was finished, I bowed. I look at May J and Mina. Their mouths' was open. Was I bad? Then I heard some people clapping. I turn around and saw that there was already a lot of people. I bowed again. 

"That was awesome! Such performance like that could already win in Korea's Got Talent!" The girl, wearing a jacket around her waist, said. 

"Yo, you gotta teach me some of your moves." The girl with a short hair added. 

"I guess we have a new dance teacher!" I turn around again. Eoh? Its Byun Baekhyun?! All of the people inside started bowing. "Sr. Byun! Its nice to see you again." Mina said.

Baekhyun just smiled and walked towards me. "Jiyeon! Congrats, you're the new dance teacher. Let's all clap" Everybody started clapping. I just raised my hand and smiled awkwardly. "Umm Mr. Byun. Can I talk to you? In private?" 

"Mr Byun?" He laughed. "Sure sure!" He pulled me out and we went to a room. I guess it's his office? 

"Yah! You own this dance studio? I thought you don't know how to dance?!" I shouted as I ran my hand over my hair. 

"Woah girl, calm down. I can explain." He said as he laugh. "I don't really own the studio. My older sister does. My second oldest sister to be exact. Byun Minji! Or well known as Minzy. I'm just here to check the place out."

I stopped him. "What?! You mean THE Minzy? One of the best dancer's in Seoul? You're related to her? Really?" I couldn't believe it. He's related to one of the best dancers in Korea. She's awesome. She my idol when it comes to dancing. She really awesome! 

"Her last name is Byun so yeah and I already check our blood if it matches so I guess? Anyway I kinda, you know, don't be mad, set you up." 

I look at him with a what-did-you-say look. "What do you mean set up?" 

"Well." He said the word very long. Whenever people say something like that, they are hiding something or they did something wrong. I believe he did something wrong. "Do you know the blog where we said we needed a new dance instructor?" I nodded. "Actually we don't need one. I just wanna help you since you've been telling me since yesterday that you needed money especially that your mom's birthday is coming and you want to make a extravagant birthday party for her so I asked my sister if you could be one since you are a great dancer and she said yes! I just show her the video from high school night." 

 

Baekhyun's POV

So I told her everything. I just want to help her. She seems so desperate and I don't know but I feel guilty. She sounds like she really needs the money. And I never heard anyone who wants to make birthday party for their mom. I think that's sweet. If she doesn't like it, I'm ready to get slap on the face or get punch. I close my eyes. "If you want to hit me, I'm prepared. Just do it fast!" I know I kinda sound gay and weak but she punch so hard. I saw that in gym class. They were breaking boards and she broke at least 5 boards? I heard she took Taekwondo class when she was young. 

I didn't feel any pain instead I felt a hug? I opened my eyes and I see Jiyeon hugging me. She literally hugging me?! What?!  "Thank you Baekhyun." 

"Ah eh sure?" I patted her back. I was trying to restrain myself from hugging her but I couldn't help it that I hug her back. Her hug feels so warm. It almost like I'm hugging a heater or something. 

"Uh Baekhyun? You can let go of me now." 

"Oh! Sorry." She just laughs. The way she laugh just makes me smile. I guess she's happy I'm happy. I don't know I just get that effect. "So I'll be your boss from now on huh? Prepare yourself, Park Jiyeon!" I did an evil laugh. She was just looking at me with an expressionless look. 

"Shut up. I'm still older than you." 

"Yes ma'am!" I did a salute. Okay she's still scary.

She chuckles and me too. "So when will I start?" She ask. I went to my sister's desk and check for the schedule that she left for Jiyeon. She was here an hour ago and told me to give it to her 'cause she's out with her friends. Such an irresponsible owner. Tsk. I opened one folder and saw the paper. I took it out and gave it to Jiyeon. "You'll be working every Saturday and you'll receive your paycheck on the end of the month." 

Her smile disappeared. "Is their something wrong, Jiyeon?' 

"Well, then I can't throw a party for my mom if my paycheck is still on the end of the month. And I can start right now! Maybe I can also get my paycheck today?" She looks at me with those puppy eyes. 

I sighed. "I'm sorry Jiyeon but I'm not really the owner of the studio. Plus my sister might get mad if I change something here. I'm really sorry." She nodded and smiled. I can see that she was trying to force a smile.

I would love to help her and give her, her money now but I just can't disobey my sister. She's scarier than Jiyeon like she'll be your worst nightmare if you disobey her or even make her angry. The last time she got angry at me I could almost see fire all over her. I can see smoke coming out of her nose and two horns on her head. Okay, I know I'm referring her as a devil but she is one when she does get angry. 

She slump herself on the couch. She takes out a paper. "I guess I could find another part time job. 1 or 2 part time jobs. And asked again if I could have my paycheck earlier or before November 27."

No. She can't over work herself! She still has school. Baekhyun think! Think of something. Ah! Got it! I'll just pay for everything. I do have some money with me. I bet it's enough to buy a gift and some birthday decorations. I was saving it for a new camera. The Canon EOS 7D Mark II and a portable photo printer. My father wouldn't buy it for me also my mom so I'm saving up my all my allowances. They kinda cut it from 500 to 100 every month (US Dollar. I don't get Korean Won). Its because of the party last time. 

My father held a party for the company on the garden of our house and I kinda crash the whole thing. The son of dad's friend is my friend so me made a bet that I can skateboard through the railings of the stairs. I did it but I didn't get to stop it that I came crashing through the garden and well you get the idea. My money is only 2,500. I guess that's enough. "Jiyeon!" She turns her head to face me. 

"Oh?" 

"Come with me! We're going to the mall." That sounds kinda gay though. I grab my bag and pulled her out. We went inside the car. "Hey, you're Baekhyun's driver from last time!" Jiyeon said. I guess she remembers Mr. Jung. 

"Oh, Hello Ms. Jiyeon." My chauffeur said while smiling. He also bowed with his head only. "Take us to the mall Mr. Jung." 

"Wait why are we going to the mall? I still need to go find another job, Baekhyun!" 

​"No need! We're going to the mall 'cause we'll buy your mom a present and buy some birthday decorations. And we'll go to that famous bakery where they make some awesome cakes. Their cheesecake is just awesome!" 

"But I don't have any money! And I bet that will cause a ton." She said while freaking out. I just laugh. "No worries. I'll pay for it!" 

Obviously she was shock. Her eyes was as big as an owl. "That's sweet Baekhyun but you don't have to do it. Besides you already gave me a job and that's enough. You don't have to go to far." 

! She's so nice. I sighed and smiled at her. "Hey. You are my friend and friends help each other right?" Somehow, when I said we were friends that kinda hurts. It hurts in the heart but I shook it off. There's no time to feel hurt. 

"Well yeah but this too much Baekhyun!" Ugh. She's still opposing to it. "Think of it as a advance paycheck from me. And as a thank you gift for accepting me and not ignoring me. Neh? So just it up and think of a gift for your mom, already. We're almost there anyway." I can see she was still unsure about it. I rolled my eyes. 

"C'mon smile! Be happy that you'll finally buy her a present. Isn't buying present a happy thing?" She nods and smile. 

"There you go! You look better when you smile." 

"Whatever. Thank you again, Baekhyun."

"It's fine! No need to thank me." I smiled. 

 

Jiyeon's POV

He smiles at me. That smile is just! I cannot put it to words. He's so cute when he smiles especially because he's teeth are showing. And his eyes.. Oh no no, Jiyeon! Stop thinking about . Focus! Anyway, what should I give to my mom? Should I give her a necklace or a bracelet? Maybe a bracelet would be nice since I could already see her wearing a necklace. All I know it's from dad. 

It was a locket though. I opened it once and I saw an old picture of dad and mom. I look exactly as my mom when I was young but I got my eyes from my dad. So I guess a bracelet? Or maybe I could just buy something useful? Ugh. I don't really know what to buy!

We finally arrive at the mall. It's been months since I've been here. Crazy right? I don't really go to the mall. I only go here if Krystal and IU wants too and if I need new clothes and that only happens once a year. I don't really need new clothes. I have plenty of clothes in my closet. I also just use my mom's if it doesn't fit her anymore. So I wear hand me downs. 

I told Baekhyun about my gift and we went to a jewelry shop. I saw different kinds of bracelets and necklaces plus earrings. "Welcome ma'am and sir. How may I help you?" A sales lady went near us. "Oh are you looking for a jewelry for your girlfriend?" 

"Woah! No. No. I'm not his girlfriend. I'm here to look for a bracelet for my mom." She smiles and shows me some bracelets suitable as a gift. There was one that had a heart. It looks pretty but I think its too mainstream. Another one has a small diamond in the middle but it looks so expensive. My mom will be suspicious if I buy this. She might think that I stole it or I ask dad to buy it for me. She'll just get mad. 

And then I saw another one. It was a silver bracelet and the design is a four-leaf clover. A four-leaf clover brings good luck! This is perfect. I felt a flash. I turned to face Baekhyun and he was taking a picture of me?! "Yah! You have a camera with you?" 

"Yup! I always bring a camera with me. You know my passion right? Photography." He smiles. "I know that but why would you take a picture of me?" 

"You look happy with that bracelet that I couldn't help but take a picture. Just look at it. Such a pretty picture." He showed me the picture. The way the picture was taken was beautiful. The background was blurry but me and the bracelet wasn't. He's really good at it, to be honest. 

"Yeah sure it's pretty. Delete it." I said.

"What?! No way. It's too precious." He shuts the camera and moves away a bit. I sneer at. I guess he thinks that I'll punch him. I look at the sales lady again. "I'll take this one." I point at the four-leaf clover bracelet. She smiles and nods. She takes it and puts it in a box. 

"Yah Byun Baekhyun! I already chose my gift." He nods and goes to the counter to pay. I signed some papers incase I want to return the jewelry or it needs some fixing. We head out to buy some decorations. After that we went to the bakery and ordered a cake. And everything was done. The sun was still there so we decided to stay at the park for awhile. I bought ice cream too. This time I was the one who paid for it. 

"Thanks for today, Baekhyun!" I said as I my ice cream. 

"I told you not to thank me anymore." He said as he scans the pictures on his camera. I bet it's full of my pictures. He keeps on taking my picture since awhile ago. I told him to delete it but he doesn't want to. He's too stubborn! I just shrugged and took another until I remember. This is the first time I'm hanging out with Baekhyun. To be honest, it was just an unexpected thing 'cause we never planned it. 

"Hey, hey. I just noticed. Its our first time hanging out. Not in school but outside." I said as I finish my ice cream. 

"Oh yeah. We should take a picture!" 

"What? No we don't need to." He ignored my words and walk up to a stranger. He even warned the stranger not to break the camera or try to run with it. It made me laugh. He rushes to my side and does a peace sign. "Seriously? We're doing this?" 

"Oh just smile! Smile Jiyeonnie!" He points at his face while smiling. 

"Who gave you the permission to call me Jiyeonnie?" 

"Stop nagging and smile!" I can sense he was already annoyed. I laughed and copied his pose. The stranger counted to three and took the picture. We thank him and he left. Baekhyun checked the picture. I went near him and also checked the picture. "You got some ice cream near your lips." My eyes widen and wiped the ice cream off my face. He laughs.

I punch his arm continuously. "Stop laughing!" 

"Okay! Okay! Stop it! It hurts!" He pouts as he rubs his arm. "Anyway, I know you'll get mad but again, thanks for today again." I pinch his cheeks.

"Sure just stop pinching my cheeks!" I laugh.

I check the time on my phone. Oh God! I gotta go home. I still have to cook food for mom and find a place to hide the gifts and stuff. "Baekhyun. I gotta go home. I still need to do some stuff, neh?" 

"I'll take you home." 

"No need! I'm fine." I grab my bag and ran away I turn around and shouted, "Gimme a copy of the picture, neh?! Thanks for today!" 

He laughs. "Sure! And just stop saying thank you. You've said too much already." 

"Today was fun! Let's do it again sometime!" 

"Of course! Be safe on going home, Jiyeon!"

​I gave him a thumbs up and ran to the taxi stand. I reached home, soon. I dump myself on the bed. Gosh. My feet hurts but it was surely fun today. Somehow I can't stop smiling. I check the mirror and I'm still smiling. I sighed. I hid the gift and decorations inside my closet. I do my laundry and I'm the one who folds it anyway so she won't bother opening my closet. I better cook food or else my mom will complain once she comes. 

"So what should I cook?" 

 

 

 

author's corner: so yeah an update and a long one HAHAHAHA. they finally had a time to be together yizz. so funny thing i tried to read i'm babysitting park chanyeol. i didn't notice i have so many errors like so many but then i was too tired and lazy to change it. plus my writing back then ! HAHAHAHA. but i thought that it's my first story anyway so meh. i still don't have a poster. i don't even remember if i did request for a poster 'cause i couldn't remember which shop HAHAHAHA. 

subscribe, comment, upvote < 3