Chapter 05 ; Stuck With Suzy

Finally Found You

Jiyeon's POV

It's been a week since me and Baekhyun started texting secretly. We've been ignoring each other at school but once we get home the texting begins. Sometimes when I eyes meet, I couldn't help but giggle in my head. It's because we're lying and deceiving my friends, especially Krystal. But I think that she thinks that I'm suspicious or I'm doing something. I'm kind of bad at acting but I'm trying hard not to be suspicious. 

Finally school is finished! Tomorrow it will be weekend. I might just sleep all day or find a part time job since I have nothing to do anyway plus there's no homework or projects. My mom is working hard for me even though dad did promise to give money just for me but I still feel bad. It's like I'm living my life like a spoiled brat while mom has to work for herself. And besides her birthday is nearing. It's on November 29 and it's already November 18. 

I want to give her a present. A really precious and pretty present. I also want to throw her an extravagant birthday even though it will just be the two of us. I wish dad would come but I guess he's to busy to go plus a feud will start if he comes. Grandfather will just blame it all on mother again. I guess I'll just invite Krystal, Kai and IU like last time. Should I invite Baekhyun? But it might 'cause a fight so never mind. I can invite the grandma next door. She's really nice. She always gives us kimchi. 

As I pack my things, I see Ms. Lee Yu Bin walking towards me. I straighten up and smiled at her. "Yes, Ms. Lee? Can I help you with something?" Please say no. Please say no. Somehow, I don't want to do any school work or anything. I just wanna go home. 

"Yeah. I need your help Jiyeon-ssi but if you're in a hurry or you have an important thing to do it's okay." Spoke to soon. I want to say no but the look on her face says that I need to help her. She does look young anyway. And it would be rude if I say no for no reason. To be honest I have no life. It's sad, I know. 

I still tried to smile. "No I don't have.. anything to do. So just hit me with anything." I paused for a minute. That kinda sounds wrong. Its like I'm asking her to hit me with anything.  "I mean just tell me anything and I'll do it."

"You're really funny, Jiyeon-ssi." She laughs. "Anyway, I just want you to help me sort some papers. They're in my desk in the teachers' office. Come with me." 

I nodded and followed her. I took my bag incase the janitor locks the classroom and after I could go home immediately without going back to the room. When we got out, I saw my friends waiting for me. IU noticed me and wave. "Jiyeonnie! C'mon. We're going to the ice cream parlour." No way! I want to eat ice cream but I just said yes. Why didn't this idiots tell me beforehand? 

I shook my head along with hands. "I'm sorry guys. I need to help Ms. Lee here. Maybe next time?" 

I see Kai laughing. "Hey! Its the first time Yeon said no to food." 

"Yeah. Especially ice cream." Krystal added, nodding. 

I rolled my eyes at them. "Whatever! Just go." I face Ms. Lee again and she was already far so I ran to her side again. She looked at me and smiled. I smiled back. It was kinda awkward. Why is the teachers' office so far? Too bad I'm stuck here doing paperwork. I bet they're gonna have a meeting. Maybe they're gonna talk about Christmas? Well it's nearing too anyway. You can never be too early when planning about Christmas! 

Oh! Maybe because they're gonna plan the principal's birthday. It was really fun when that day comes. It's on November 30. He will have a massive blow out! The whole school will celebrate his birthday. The only thing is one section must have a gift for the principal but that's okay 'cause it's better than per student must have one gift. That would be amazing though. You'll have many presents like 3,000+ something like that. 

Soon we reached the room. Thank goodness! Ms. Lee opened the door. The teachers are awfully busy huh? They're all over the place plus there's so many papers. It's like a tsunami of papers hit the room. 

We went to her desk. She let me sat on the chair with wheels. I don't really know what they call this chair, specifically. The only thing I know is that they call it an office chair. She showed me some papers asked me to stapler them. "Just take note of the first page, neh?  And it should be three pages! I'll be back. I just need to finish something from the computer lab. Thanks Jiyeon!" She pats my back and went out. 

I sighed and started stapling the papers. Well this took out the fun of afterschool. I pick up my bag and took out my earphones. I was going to put the earphones on my ears until someone shouted "boo!" making me drop them. Good thing I still haven't put the chord on the phone or else I'm doomed. I turn around and it was Suzy! She was laughing her off. I clicked my tongue at her. 

"I got you good!" She said, still laughing. 

I shook my head and took my earphones that was on the floor. "So what's up Yeonnie? Whatcha doin' in the teachers' office? Students aren't allowed here for too long." She asked as if she's not in the teachers' office.

"Speak for yourself! You're here too." I said punching her arms, lightly. 

"Oh yeah!" She laughs again. "I'm just kidding with ya! I'm checking the papers of the sophomores. You?" 

I looked at her then the thing I'm doing and her again. "Well, I'm obviously stapling some papers." I don't know if she joking again or she's, plainly, blind about things. I don't wanna say dumb. That would be rude and she is my friend but not best friend nor close friend just friend. I don't really know a lot of things about her. I just know that she's nice, rich, pretty and popular. 

A lot guys would die just to date her. She does have a perfect hair. A pretty face. Pink lips. Overall she has a natural beauty. She does put makeup. Just light though. I can see that she only wears eyeliner and lipstick. I don't put make up. Only if there's an event and if it's obligated. I just think that girls' don't need make up to look pretty. Krystal does wear some make up. IU doesn't. She hates it. Almost all of the girls' does that here. 

Suzy took some of the papers and put it on the desk of Ms. Lee. Good thing it was a bit big or else everything will just be a mess. "Hey so how's senior life?" She asked as she checks the papers seriously. 

I shrugged. "I don't know really know. It's quite fun, I guess. I've met a lot of people. And there's been a lot of stuff happening plus no drama, thankfully." I kinda lied on the last one. There IS drama. You know Krystal being paranoid about Baekhyun. 

"Hmm." She nods. "Yeah, thankfully there's no drama. Unlike last year. Gosh! That girl, Sulli. Remember her?" 

I snapped my fingers and nod. "Yeah! I remember Choi Sulli. A very tall girl." 

"Yup that Sulli. Remember when there was a big fight between me and her?" 

"A fight?" I don't really remember a fight. I looked up and tried to remember that event. "The fight between me, her and Chanyeol sunbae?" 

"Ah yeah! I remember. Sulli is Chanyeol's girlfriend." That fight lasted for a month.

Do you know how hard it is passing throught their class? Glares! Glares everywhere. Sulli is our classmate and of course Suzy was in the other class again. Of course her class would side her while no one really sided with Sulli. We just don't want to get involve but we got involve! I don't even know why? C'mon it's a fight between two girls. I don't think the whole class should join like that's just ing stupid! Excuse my language. 

"Ex to be exact. I can't believe that she's blaming me because Chanyeol sunbae dump her for me. Besides, I didn't even say yes to him. I don't even like him. He has a creepy smile. But he does a y voice." She giggles. I giggled too. It is true. He has a creepy smile but a y voice. I have to say he is handsome too. 

She is right though. It's quite idiotic of her to blame Suzy for everything. It's not her fault anyway. Like I told you she is pretty. If I was a boy, I would probably asked her out. But it's also Chanyeol sunbae's fault for dumping someone for another girl. That's just a ty move. They are gone anyway. Chanyeol sunbae already graduated and Sulli went away. Suzy is a scary opponent. 

"I showed her that I'm not the girl she should mess with." She smirked and I just laugh. "Oh yeah. On behalf of my class from last year, we're sorry for involving you guys. I don't even know why they got mad at you when it was only Sulli." She shrugs. 

"Eh!" I wave my hand. "It's finish anyway. The hell I care about what happen. No offense." 

"Nah, it's okay. The whole thing was bloody stupid, anyway."

We both laugh. We talked about nonsense. We talked about boys, dramas, idols, music and other random things. When I was done, I help her check 'cause she gets distracted easily that's why she's slow. Suddenly, I received a text. I took my phone out and checked the one who text. To my surprise, Suzy saw the one who texted that she read the name out loud. "Bacon? Who's Bacon?" 

Thank goodness. I didn't put his full name 'cause maybe Krystal might grab my phone and he might text so it's better to be ready. I tried to laugh but my laugh sounded awkward that I want to slap myself with a fish.

"N-nothing! Its my cousin. I call him Bacon for fun." Good! I stutter too. Suzy squinted her eyes at me. She also went near me. My face is only 5 inches away from her. If I was another person the view would be disgusting.

"You're lying. Who is this person? Do I know him? Obviously its a he. You just said him. So who?" She kept on repeating the word 'who' that I got annoyed and told her.

"Its Byun Baekhyun."

"Oh! You mean that playboy from the sophomores?" Suddenly she looked at me with googly eyes. It's an expression. "Aye! So you guys are texting huh?" She nudges me while her brows goes up and down.

I rolled my eyes and pushed her, lightly. "We're just friends!"

"Yeah sure. Friends!" I can hear that she said it in a sarcastic way. "Yes! Friends! Nothing more, okay?" 

"Okay okay! I get it." She puts both her hands up as a sign of surrender. "But don't you have to stay away from him? He is a playboy." And here goes the staying away from him. I don't get why people keep on saying to stay away from him. He's nice you know? And he's here to change. Well I guess. But I know people can change. If you just give him a chance and if you talk to him, you'll see.

He's really funny ya know? For the past week. He has told me a lot of jokes. A lot of stuff about him and his family. He even has a dog! He named it Leo. Yeah it's a dude dog. But her sisters call it Baekhyun 'cause he's loud and active like Baekhyun. He send me a picture of it. It's a beagle. It's super cute like I want to keep him in my pocket forever. I always wanted a dog but my mom says no. It will just ruin her beauty sleep. He also sends me some amazing pictures. He likes photography. Its his hobby and dream job is to become a photographer. 

"He's not just a playboy. He's actually nice once you get to know him." Suzy gave me those googly eyes again. 

"You sure you don't like him?" 

"I'm sure!" I guess I'm sure. I still don't know but I'm 99% sure that I don't like him. 

"Sure, whatever! Now read the text! What did he say?" She rest her head on her hands and looked at me as if she was a reporter and I was an idol. That would've been nice, though. Me being an idol! But that would never happen. 

I opened the text and read it out loud. Good thing it wasn't something really really personal or secretive. "Yo, Jiyeon. What happen? I didn't see you with your friends when they got out of the school. Did you get detention or something?" Suzy giggled. "Someone's worried about Jiyeon!" 

"Tsk!" I just shook my head in amusement. I replied that I was doing some stuff for my teacher. He replied quickly. It wasn't long. He just said okay and be careful on going home but it made Suzy even more giggle. She looks like a fan on a concert of her favorite kpop group. She's more calm and compose. This is another side of her that I don't know. I told you we're just friends. 

"Just one thing Suzy, please don't tell anyone we're texting. Please!" I said. I don't even know why I said that to her. Maybe because she looks like a blabber mouth like Krystal so I need to make sure she doesn't tell anyone or else I'm dead meat!

"Why? You sure you guys aren't dating?" She asked again. "I'm sure! Just please!" 

"Okay okay! I promise. Cross my heart. Hope to die. " She raised her right hand and winked at me. I just laugh. "I'll just do it as a thank you for helping me check the papers. "

Soon we both finished our stuff and head out. "Hey you wanna grab some food? Maybe Ice cream or something?" She asked me. My eyes sparkled. "Ice cream!" I shouted as I jump up and down while holding her hands. 

She laughs. "Okay. Calm down dino!" 

​So we went to the nearest ice cream parlour. Screw my friends. I'm going to eat ice cream with Suzy. She's really nice. Maybe I'll hang out with her more often. 

 

 

author's corner: another update! wow. i'm updating everyday now. HAHAHAAH. it's quite cool that i got the urge to update. usually i'm lazy. anyway, i guess jiyeon made another friend. teehee. i'm still waiting for my poster and bg. i don't really remeber which graphic shop i requested AHAHAHHA. so meh. XD

subscribe, comment, upvote < 3