Chapter 03 ; Not What I Expected Him To Be

Finally Found You

Jiyeon's POV

"Jiyeon! Wake up or you'll be late for school!" I rolled around my bed. I hear my mom banging the door so loudly in the morning. But it's not new or anything. That's how she usually wakes me up when I lock the door. I never lock the door but maybe I did last night. I don't like locking the door 'cause she'll do that. It's very annoying. I groggily stand up from my bed and opened the door to let her know I'm awake.

She smiles at me and I smiled back but it only last for two seconds then I close the door right in front of her. "Yah! How dare you treat your mom like that?" She shouted. I opened it again. "I'm just joking with you, mom. Can't even take a joke?" She sneered at me. She pulled me out of my room and pushed me inside the toilet. 

"Go take a bath you good for nothing daughter." Then she closed the door at me. I chuckled. This is my morning looks like. I insult her and she insults me back. My mom is not just my mom. She's a sister and a friend. We do things together.

My dad is not here anymore. Him and my mom got divorced. That happened when I was still 5. My grandfather, Mr. Jeon, from my dad's side never liked mom because she was average. He even rebelled against them but because of that my grandfather cut all the money from my dad's account and disowned him. And we were left with no money. Dad was stressed out because he have to work 24/7 without any break. He doesn't want mom to work because she needs to look after me. 

Until one day, dad collapse at work. The reason is obvious, stress and lack of sleep. Mom was shock. She doesn't want it to happen again so she decided to confront my grandfather. She told him to get his son back, give him his money back and she promised that she'll leave dad. It was hard for mom but because of love she did it. Dad, of coursed never liked the idea. He greatly oppose. He begged for mom to stay but mom still doesn't want to see him suffer again because of her. Dad soon agreed but in one condition. He'll stay away from mom and sign the divorce papers but still, he will provide all my expenses in the future like school, college and everything. He'll send money, not for mom, but for me. And of course he'll not marry anyone again.

Grandfather agreed even though he doesn't like the part that he'll not marry any woman. Actually grandfather wanted my dad to marry a rich woman so that it will help his company. Yeah dad comes from a wealthy family. If he was still my dad my last name would be Jeon and not Park and I would be pretty rich too! I could even meet the standards of Krystal and IU. But hey I still think of him as a dad. Sometimes, we actually talk without my mom and grandfather knowing. He doesn't want them to now so it wouldn't create a ruckus and a big feud. 

Dad is currently in Busan. Actually he is from there. It's quite ironic how they come from Busan because some people think of Busan people as "Country Bumpkins". I'm not saying that it's bad that they come from there. I personally like there accent. I actually have the accent. When I get angry, it comes out. And I'm not allowed to speak in a Busan dialect because mom we'll get angry.

So basically that's why life. I know where my luck of love comes from. 

Anyway, I took a bath, change into my uniform and went down. I ate my breakfast and left the house with a hug and kiss from my mom. And that's my morning routine. I just walk 'cause school is not that far away from ours. Maybe just a 20 minute walk. It extends depending if I want to buy something from a store but just 1 minute or so.

As I soon reached the gates of the school, someone tapped my back. I turned around and it was Baekhyun! "Good Morning, Ms. Park Jiyeon." He gives me the smile that he gave me at the highschool night.

"Good Morning Mr. Byun Bacon. I mean Baekhyun!" He frowned. "I told you not to call me Bacon!" I laughed at him and pinched his cheeks. He's like a kid. And basically there's no height difference between us. He was a bit taller than me but I'm like in his ear. My height to be more clear. I divert my gaze to the man in suit walking towards us. Baekhyun turned around also and his expression change. He's mad. 

"Mr. Byun. You forgot you lunch that your mom prepared for you." He bows and reached out the little black bag to Baekhyun. Baekhyun shook his head. "I left it on purpose okay? I don't want it. Just eat it if you want. And didn't I tell you that I don't want you here? Or else people will gather." 

"But"

"No buts!" He said in a firm voice. The man bowed again and walked away. I couldn't help but say something. "Stop!" The man stopped. I walked towards him and took the bag. "Thank you for your hard work." I bowed and walked back to Baekhyun. 

Baekhyun was shock of course. "Jiyeon! Why did you take it back? And didn't you hear what I just said? I don't want it."

"I heard what you said Baekhyun but you could have told him in a nice way and besides I bet your mom put a lot of effort on making your lunch you should at least be grateful." I push the bag onto him. "But she cooks so bad." 

"How dare you say that about your mom?" I said. "No really! I'm not lying! Her cooking is terrible." I just looked at him then the bag.

I opened it and took out the box inside.I let him hold the bag. I then opened the box. "Wow! American style lunch huh?" His food was two sandwiches, sliced. An italian pasta salad. Mixed berries and a little box of milk. Such a healthy lunch but looks really yummy. "Yeah but it looks like I'm on a diet so I don't want it!" He whines like a baby. I put back the box on the bag and shut him. 

"C'mon! It doesn't look that bad. Besides it's better than mine. I only eat bulgogi, rice with an egg on top and kimchi. That's about it. If you want I'll take your food?" It looks really good anyway. His expression change quickly and smiled. He nodded like a kid. I guess he really likes the idea. 

"Sure sure!" He paused for awhile. "What will I eat then?" 

I looked at him with a seriously-you're-asking-that-question look. "I'm joking. But I'll just have your food then in exchange into mine!"

"You really want my food? It's just plain nothing special. I bet it's not even enough." He just shrugged and grab my lunch box. Before I could even get my lunch back, somone called my name from a distance. "Jiyeon!!" I turned around and it was IU. She was waving cheerfully at me. She then run towards me and hugged me like didn't saw each other for a long time. IU noticed that Baekhyun was beside me so she let go of me. 

"Oh, it must be rude of me just barging in your conversation. I'm sorry." She bowed in front of us. She so polite like to extent that she could even win an award for politeness. Baekhyun shook his head along with his hands. "Oh no no! It's fine. Besides I'm leaving anyway." He ruffles my hair and left us. "Bye! I'll see you later Jiyeon!" I waved back. I was a bit sad because he has my food but hey I still have his. 

"Are you sure you don't like him?" IU suddenly asked. I sneered at her. "No! I told you were just friends plus I just met him like last Thursday." 

She slings her arms to mine. "Yeah but you fall in love like quickly!"

"Yeah right. State one example." I said as we walk in the hallways. "Hmm." She looks up and thinks. I never fall in love so quickly. I don't even remember falling in love with someone that I just met in a snap!

"Ah! JB oppa!" My eyes widen in shock. 

"No!" I responded immediately. 

"Pfft! Yes! You just met him and you said I think I'm in love." She tried to copy my voice. I have to say she got my voice right but I still said no. We kept on debating until we reached the classroom and Krystal interrupted us. 

"Hey hey hey! What are you gusy talkin' about?" She smiled brightly like the sun. "Well me and IU are debating if I ever fall in love quickly like if I just see one guy I'll say I think I'm in love." I coppied the thing she did awhile ago and Krystal just laughed.

"But it's true. When You met JB oppa you did that." she said. 

"I told you!" IU said as she push me lightly. They both did a high five. I pouted. "Fine! Fine! Whatever guys!" I said and looked away. They still laughed until the teacher came. And they went back to their seats. Class begun and it was a bore. I can't wait for lunch. I want to eat the food the Baekhyun's mom made. I bet it's good! And not bad like what he said. He's just being delusional. 

- - - - 

The bell rang and it's lunch! Finally! Class was like forever. And I'm starving. I grab the bag and we four went to the garden. That's where we usually eat because it's peaceful and the scenery is pretty. Only few people go there. Krystal and Kai placed the picnic blanket down. We put our stuff there and started eating. I opened the bag and took the box out. I opened it and started digging in. 

"Eoh, Jiyeon you're food looks new huh?" IU asked. 

"American style? Wow! Did your dad send you massive amount of money?" Kai then asked. They know about my history. 

"Uhh no. Me and Baekhyun exchange lunches because he doesn't want his and he wants mine so we exchange." I said while scratching my nape. "Oh so that's why you were holding a different bag awhile ago." IU said while nodding. 

I looked at Krystal. She doesn't look happy at all. She looks like a sunny day that turned into a rainy day. Gosh! She's so scary. 

"Didn't I tell you stay away from him?" She said firmly. Everybody became silent. Kai took his earphones and put it on. IU just kept on eating, "But I just met him by chance awhile ago." 

"Then why didn't you ignore him?" Her voice is so cold. It send shivers to my spine. I look down and didn't say anything. I look like a child being lectured by my mom and this haven't even happen in my life before because my mom always jokes around. I told she's like a friend. I don't even treat her as a mother but as a sister and I'm really fine with that. She's awesome but now is not awesome. Krystal is so scary like hella scary! 

Krystal sighed and rubbed her temples. "Jiyeon. I'm not mad or anything okay?" she paused for awhile then continued. "It's just that I don't want you to get hurt okay? I know he looks like a good guy but he isn't. That's why I don't want you to fall in love with him." 

"But I don't like him anyway!" I said immediately.

"I know that but sooner or later I know that you will!" 

"So are you implying that I really fall in love so easily?" Okay, now I'm getting angry. She's stating that I fall in love so easily. I don't really! I never fall in love with Kai when I met him. 

"But I know! You're my best friend. I have observe you everyday. I'm just telling you to stay away. He's a big flirt and a big playboy okay? He has hurt a lot of girls. I don't even really know why people like him! So please Jiyeon! He can deceive you easily. A lot of people know that and I'm just warning you. I'm just doing this because, really, I don't want you to get hurt besides he's younger than you. Like way younger than you." She exaggerate the last part. So I was becoming curious. What's he's age? Why don't I see him in our floor. 

"How ... old is he anyway?" I asked. 

"He's a sophomore." Krystal said. 

I almost choke on my food. What? He's a sophomore?! Like seriously?! A sophomore? But he looks so old! Not in a bad way but he looks mature. So maybe that's why I don't see him at our halls. It's just that the juniors and seniors is on the 3rd floor while the freshmen and sophomores are on the 2nd floor. I went near to Krystal. "You serious? He's a sophomore? But he's.. he's"

"He's mature looking for his age? I know. I don't even know why he has a lot of girls for such a young age." Krystal takes a bite on her sandwich and nods. "So please Jiyeon! I beg of you. Please just stay away from him." Krystal looked at me with a firm look. I sighed and nodded. 

She smiled and hugged me. "Thank you Jiyeon! If you disobey me, I'll kill you." She said scarily and I looked at her with fear on my face. She just laughed and pinched my cheeks. "I'm just joking!" 

The bell rings. It means lunch is over. It's time to go. I packed my things and followed them quietly. Seriously. I don't really know anymore. Should I stay away? Or not? But what about his lunch box? Maybe I should just go ask someone to give it back. Yeah, I'll do that. I check the people doing something on the ground and it was the sophomores. Class 2-B to be exact. I see Baekhyun. It's true. He's a sophomore. 

I noticed him waving at me. I looked away since I can feel that Krystal is watching me. I was in front of them anyway so I can't do anything. I'm sorry Baekhyun-ssi but I'm doing this for the sake of my safety and for my friends. 

 

Baekhyun's POV

Wait. Jiyeon just ignored me. I think she already knows that I'm a sophomore. Well of course she will! She just saw me with the sophomores. I guess she got angry because I'm not respecting her as a sunbae. I'm not calling her sunbae and noona. I thought she's fine with that. I'll just check on her later. Maybe she's not feeling well. Maybe I'm just overreacting. Science class was finished. We did some experiment. I didn't bother listening. It's boring anyway. 

I put my notebook down and sat on my seat. It was time for lunch. Too bad me and Jiyeon have different time. I took her lunch box and opened it. It looks so cute. It was neatly done. I bet it was really made with love. 

"Baekhyun! Someone wants to give this to you." Boram gave me my lunch box. I stared at it. Is she really not feeling well? "Boram! Who gave this to you?" 

"Umm a sunbae. I guess her name is Jiyeon? Ah yes! Jiyeon sunbae gave it to me. She said to tell you too that the food was delicious." She smiled. 

"Is she still there?" 

"I guess so. She just gave it to me just now anyway." She shrugged. I put the lunch boxes down and ran outside. I check my left and right. There she is walking back. I ran towards her. "Jiyeon! Jiyeon!"

She turned around. I guess she was shocked. She ran away also but good thing I was faster. I grabbed her arm and stopped her. "Let go of me!" She said while trying to free her arm. I let her go. "Why are you ignoring me? We were still in good terms this morning? Why?"

 


author's corner: exams are finally over! so i can at least update fast. HAHAAHHA my gahd it's so haaaard. but anyway spring break started here so 2 weeks no class so expect more update if i can update especially that me and my friends planned a lot of things. gosh, on the third chapter there's already drama huh? i wonder what will happen to this two. i can't wait for the next update! HAHAHA. 

subscribe, comment upvote < 3