Chapter 01 ; The Hopeless Romantic

Finally Found You

Jiyeon's POV

"Minho oppa, I've always like you. Please go out with me!" I bowed and reached out the gift I was holding. It was a box of muffins. I baked it with Krystal and IU yesterday.

I've finally decided to confess to Minho oppa. I like him ever since we became partner for a play, last 3 months ago. He's 18 so that makes him a Senior in high school or Grade 12. He's really funny, cute, athletic and he can play the drums! Isn't that cool? I've always love the drums. It's loud but it's music to my ears. 

We've been hanging out when we have the time. We say hello when we ever meet each other. We help each other and many more. And this is it! I'm finally confessing. I can feel he feels the same away about me 'cause I heard I'm the only girl who's really close with him besides his childhood friend, Bang Minah. She's in the same grade as him. 

"I'm sorry Jiyeon. I can't go out with you."

He said ye- wait what? He said he can't? But. But. I really can feel it that he likes me! But I'm wrong? I didn't know how to react that I was stuck there, just bowing. I'm not even moving. So all my instincts are wrong? Oh my god. I'm such a fool. I'm so embarrassed. I don't know why but I feel like crying. It's not like it's my first time getting rejected, though. I tried to keep my tears in. I stood up straight and tried to smile. "Ahh, really? Well then that's f-fine!" I want to scream for stuttering. 

"I'm really sorry, Jiyeon. I just don't see you like that. I see you more as a sister" 

Before he could even say anything, I cut him off. I don't want to hear anymore. " Nah! It's fine I tell you!" I tried to talk as cheerful as possible. "It's not like it's your fault that you can't like me back. I just want to tell you my feelings that's all so they wouldn't have to be bottled up in my mind and heart. Anyway, thanks for your answer but can please just accept this? I made with all my heart. Thanks again for the answer. Bye!" I gave him the box and left him there.

I walked as fast as I could. I can hear him calling my name but I did not turn around. I really can't believe he just see me as a sister. Am I really not that worth it? I reached the classroom and sighed. I sat on my chair and ruffled my hair. I hear footsteps so I diverted my gaze to the door. Three people entered the room and it's my classmates slash best friends. 

"Jiyeon! What happen? You look sad." IU, the girl with an innocent face, asked. She sat across me and looked at me with puppy eyes. I just want to pinch her! I smiled a bit. "Nothing. I'm fine." 

"So how's your confession? Got rejected again? " Krystal, the girl with an American style, asked. I groaned and buried my face on my arms. I can hear Kai, the guy with a tanned skin, chuckle so I kicked him making him scream in pain. "Ouch! Stop kicking me okay?" I always kick him. It's a habit since I learned Taekwondo when I was young. And he just looks kickable to me. 

"So we hit the bullseye huh?" Krystal asked again. I nodded. Krystal and IU both sighed. I want to cover my ears 'cause they'll just lecture me about this but that would be rude and I'll just get hit by them. 

"Really Jiyeon? I told you he was not good enough and your hunch is wrong." IU said.

"Yeah, you should listen to us more often." Krystal added.

"That's like your 20th or 24th confession? Maybe 30th?" Kai laughed again. I threw him my shoe. 

"Okay I get it! I was wrong you guys were right. And shut up Kai! Just because Krystal accepted your confession in one go." I glared at him and took my shoe back and wear it. Yes. Krystal and Kai are a thing and it's annoying because they do lovey dovey things. It's like they're telling me that I'm a failure in love and they're not. I know I'm a hopeless romantic but they don't have to rub it in. 

IU doesn't want any relationship right now. She wants to focus in her studies. She kinda the next heir to the Lee Comapany. She doesn't want to be the next heir but she has no choice because she's the only child. She's too rich to become my best friend you know? Just look at me. Average. Average face, body, grades and family. I don't even know why I'm friends with these rich and cool people. 

"Anyway cheer up! I'll treat you to ice cream, neh? Take that sad face of yours and smile just like always." Exclaimed IU. She smiled brighter than the sun that's why I smiled too. 

"That's the spirit! Besides school is ending in about 2 weeks so stop frowning. You won't get to see him cause he's going to college! We should just celebrate. Will be seniors soon! Leggo!" Krystal drag me with her as two of my other friends followed.

She's right anyway! In a few more weeks school is over and I wouldn't get to see him by next school year 'cause he'll be going to college. I should just smile like usual. Again, it's not like it's my first time getting rejected. It's like my 20th confession. It sounds sad right? But it didn't really stop me from confessing. I don't even know why I don't stop. I'll be a senior soon! I can't wait. We'll be the kings and queens of the school. Yeah!

 

A few months later...

"Welcome students to a fresh new year of learning. I would like to congratulate you all for excelling another year. And freshmen! Welcome to high school! Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors, please welcome your new hoobaes with a bright smile. That's all I want to say and enjoy your new school year!" Our principal stated. We all went to our classes.

It was a bit loud because some girls were hugging because they're in the same class. Some were already chatting with the new students. Some were showing off again, mostly the boys. Gosh! A new year has started. And the greatest part is me, Krystal, IU and Kai are in the same class again. I can see some familiar faces and some new faces. I hear our adviser is our English teacher from last year, Ms. Jeon. 

"We're finally seniors, huh?" Krystal nudge my side. I smiled. "Yeah! Another year of torture." I said and we four laughed. We tried to find some seats that are close to each other and we found some near the window. So basically our seating arrangement is me and IU and infront of us is Kai and Krystal. Of course, the lovers should sit together. Barf! I'm not bitter or anything. 

I kinda promise this year that I'll focus on other stuff and not love. I'll try to lessen that 'cause I don't want to be hurt again and be bitter. I'm not like that. I'm a cheerful girl. I should amintain that. 

Soon our teacher came. We greeted her. Alongside, the other students who now her. Obviously, the new students doesn't know her so they were quiet. "Hello! Ah! Is so nice to see some familiar faces and some unfamiliar faces. So before we start with your introductions, I'll introduce myself first for the new students. My name is Ms. Jeon Jin Ae and I'll be handling this section and I'll be your English teacher!" She wrote her name on the board. 

After that, it was our turn. I really like this part of the first day of school. It's fun. IU never like this part, though. She's really shy you know? That's why she's so cute! I wish I could be as cute as her. It was my turn next. IU gave me a fighting sign. Pft. I'm the one who should be giving that to her. I walk to the front of the class with a big smile on my face. 

"Hello!" I said in English. "I'm Park Jiyeon! You can call me Jiyeon or Yeonnie or Ji or dinosaur 'cause I look like one when I get angry." Everybody laughed. Good! I'm turning the atmosphere into a happy one. "I hope we can all be friends and make this the best senior year of our lives! Let's not forget to exchange numbers, neh?" I bowed and smiled again then i went back to my seat. 

"Your turn, Ms. Sun Shy." I winked at IU and she just pouted. She said some few words but she's still cute! Gosh, I sound too gay. 

After the introduction, we did some activities so the class would bond and get to know each other more. When the teacher allowed us to do our stuff, we all went to explore the school even though we already know where is where. We stumble on some few friends from the other class. "Jiyeon!" Hyeri exclaimed as she hugs me. I hugged her back. 

"IU! Krystal! Kai! Gosh! It's nice to meet you people again." She said. 

"Hm!" I nodded. "It's nice to see you guys too." 

Hyeri is with some other people. The girl with a braid is Irene. The girl with the tomboy look is Amber. The girl with glasses is Eunjung and the guy with blue highlights is Zelo! They're my friends from the other class. I can see that they already made some new ones, though. "So where's Suzy?" IU asked. Suzy is the school's prettiest girl. She like the goddess. She has a pretty face, cool and outgoing personality and a good singer. 

I seriously don't know why I'm friends with pretty girls and cool boys. "There she is!" They pointed at the girl surrounded by people. Of course, she'll be surrounded with people. She is very popular. And I'm jealous of that. But it's fine. I'm fine being who I am. 

"Jiyeon! IU! Krystal!" We turn our heads back to Suzy. I guess she noticed us. "Hey guys! You guys look so good." She complimented. 

"Not as good as you though!" Krystal said. Me and IU nodded. Kai already went with the other boys so it was just us, the girls. We talked about things and our lives and many many more.

The whole day we just talk to our friends and talked to new ones. We also tried to make new friends because you know we love making new friends. Meh. Nothing really special happned today but it was a fun first day. I hope this school year will be the best. 

 


author's corner: hey guysss! first chaptie is out. i hope you like it. it's kinda boring but once the two(jiyeon and baekhyun) clash it will be good! i hope so HAHAAHAHAH. anyway subscribe, comment upvote < 3