the boy who takes care of others.

Count To Three (Say Hi)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

the boy who takes care of others.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Going with Ziyu and Lu Han to the playground wasn't as killing as Sehun thought it would be. He wouldn't know because Sehun usually always persuaded Ziyu to stay in his room and play games instead of going outside. That meant less work for him. Now sitting on the bench under the shade of a tree, Sehun did enjoy to have come. He still wouldn't do anything though. He had Lu Han for that who was following Ziyu around the slide.

 

 

Lu Han had wanted to help him, and one look at Sehun's exhausted eyes was enough to make the decision for both of them. Of course Sehun would welcome any sort of assistance. He was bad with children in the first place- even if Ziyu was his neighbour. He didn't know how to treat them or communicate. Most of them were too impatient and didn't want to listen to anyone. Lu Han was better at this kind of thing, way more skilled. Before asking Sehun didn't know if Lu Han had any sort of experience with children.

 

 

 

But who cares, anyone would be better than Sehun.

 

 

 

 

His peace was disturbed by Lu Han tugging Ziyu after him and approaching Sehun. Did he have something to say? The smoothest thing to do right now would be to close his eyes and pretend to sleep. However this was a bit challenging because they have already made eye-contact. Maybe it was because he was actually watching Lu Han's face now, he could read the indecisiveness in his expression.

 

 

The younger gave a short shrug, his lips pressed in a flat line. "Is there anything wrong? Don't tell me he needs to go to the toilet. I've already asked him a hundred times if he needs to. He can go to the bushes for all I care."

 

 

 

Lu Han shook his head and dropped his hand on Ziyu's head, ".....eh..." He blushed and probably forgot how he had practiced it. He bit his lips and escaped Sehun's penetrating eyes by closing them.

 

 

 

"Come on!" Ziyu slapped Lu Han's side, urging him to spit what he wanted to say out. Now, Sehun's eyes ached from scanning this hopeless situation and his head thumped with too much kept in annoyance. If he wanted to say something then he should. This was not the first time that this happened to him. It would be for the best of them if Sehun would help out a little. He swiftly got up and stepped forwards, directly meeting Lu Han's dilated eyes.

 

 

 

Sehun was seriously excessively close, he should leave some space between them. This closeness dabbed Lu Han's mind blank and sent thrills along his body. "I-I..." He stuttered, his heart was thumping hard against his ribs. "Ice...cream." Lu Han managed it to say it and also pointed at an ice cream truck. Then he pointed at Ziyu to indicate that the little boy wanted to go there. Sehun leaned back against the bench and slipped his hand into his pocket. His voice gravelly as he mumbled, "How troublesome."

 

 

A faint flush lingered on Lu Han's pale cheeks and he glanced aside. He looked back up and stared directly into Sehun's eyes which were darker than usual.

 

 

 

Sehun stretched his arm out with one coin on his palm, "Here buy Ziyu whatever he wants."

 

 

 

The little boy cheered when Lu Han timidly accepted the money with his head down. He held the money tightly in his fist and strolled towards the queue in front of the truck. Ziyu skipped after him which Sehun could see despite sleep slowing taking over. But why did it feel like he forgot something? For some reason he felt like that. Why exactly? Sehun was always immaculately logical and usually did everything he had to do on the spot. The longer he stared at Lu Han's retreating figure, the stronger the feeling became.

 

 

 

Therefore he couldn't hold himself back anymore, "Lu Han!" Sehun yelled not particularly loud, well he hoped so. Despite the distance Lu Han was able to catch it and he turned his body around. Then he jogged with Ziyu back to the bench where Sehun was sitting on. Why did he call him back? This question was aching to be answered, Lu Han seriously couldn't think of any reason. A reason that also fitted Sehun's personality and sounded like him.

 

 

 

As a coin flew to Lu Han's direction, he snapped out of his thoughts and clumsily caught it.

 

 

 

Turning his head to the left, Sehun sighed before speaking. "Buy yourself something too." He couldn't believe that he was doing this. There was an extremely weak blush on Sehun's cheeks that luckily could be missed with ease. He didn't want Lu Han to act polite and return the money so Sehun closed his eyes. He did his best to fall asleep. His planned worked because Lu Han who wanted to give the money back stood there dumbly in front of the bench.

 

 

 

Lu Han regarded the now two coins on his palm as a flush warmed his face and a smile curved his mouth. "T-Thanks..." Of course he had to thank him even if he was not listening. Lu Han actually did want to eat but he left his wallet at home. He didn't think that he would need it.

 

 

 

"Are you happy?" Ziyu couldn't suppress his curiosity and asked this question. It was weird to see Lu Han smiling for so long at nothing in particular. Lu Han's cheeks again turned warm with a blush, and he gave an embarrassed smile as he admitted, "Yeah...happy..." Then covering his heated face he hurried away, his voice drifting back over his shoulder. "Come!" Soon then Ziyu sprinted after him because the queue was getting longer and longer. It would be better to go now then later.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Happy?

 

 

 

 

The provoking thought lingered on, floating around in Sehun's mind as sleep slowly covered his consciousness and left him in sleep.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The ice cream didn't help at all because Ziyu was already crying around that he was hungry. They had arrived at Sehun's home when Ziyu started to whine that he was starving. He was just a kid and needed a proper dinner, it was almost six. Sehun who didn't know what to do because of his lack of understanding children, shot Lu Han a brief look. Sehun unlocked the door and once again turned around to glance at Lu Han who by the second time understood.

 

 

 

"O-Oh...yes..." Lu Han nodded and put his hand on Ziyu's head. He wasn't a good cook but his skills would be enough to fix something for the three of them. They entered the kitchen where Sehun and Ziyu took a seat at the table. Lu Han was the only one who was standing. He opened the cupboard to get a pot out and placed it on the counter. Then the moment he looked down he spotted two packs of ramyun that they could use. Lu Han couldn't find anything else so he decided that he should stick to his initial idea.

 

 

 

 

Lu Han faced both of them and held one pack up.

 

 

 

 

"I don't mind." Sehun tapped his fingers on the table.

 

 

 

"Yeah! Do it!" Ziyu happily applauded.

 

 

 

 

 

Humming, Lu Han let the tap run so that flowing water filled the pot. Followed by that he turned the stove on, let the water boil while he ripped the packs apart. He could feel that two pairs of eyes were staring at him, checking every movement.  He couldn't make a mistake. Lu Han unconsciously crushed the noodles with his hands, feeling the dryness against his fingers. Then he chucked them inside the bubbling water and pulled the drawer to get a pair of chopsticks.

 

 

Again, the eyes didn't leave Lu Han who turned around and held two fingers up. "Two..." He said clearly to tell them so they would know how long it would take. Well it's not like anyone had asked. But that didn't mean that Sehun wasn't paying attention. He was intently staring at Lu Han even though they were looking at each other. Lu Han dropped his arms to his sides and blinking at the empty table. He should have known that. Maybe he already did.

 

 

Sehun didn't need to do a lot. His simple presence was enough to distract Lu Han, thrilling and daring all at once. Probably because he hadn't spoken with others enough. As it was, physical contact with Sehun was rare, normally restricted to briefly brushing his shoulder. Not to say that Lu Han had any of those threatening thoughts. He saw Sehun just as a friend right?

 

 

 

"Lu Han why are you staring at him?" Fidgeting on the way too big chair, Ziyu questioned the other.

 

 

 

Lu Han blushed, realising that he was staring for an eternity. Quickly, he lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter