Him

Perfume
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Sorry for reuploading this chapter (for everyone who had read it before). I wrote this in less than an hour when I first uploaded it so there are a lot of room for improvement and there are also some spelling and grammatical errors. I also added some words here and there. Thank you for understanding. Please enjoy ^_^

 

A particular scent lingered faintly in the practice room once they finished their last rehearsals before their debut. Suho was impressed by how this smell prevailed over the strong scent of sweat that never left the room. It wasn't his first time getting a whiff of it, but with each practice, it seems to grow richer, stronger. He wondered what kind of perfume can last their hours and hours of practice. Or maybe it doesn't belong to one of their members. It can be from one of the staffs, trainees, dance instructors, or anyone.

 

At first, he didn't have the curiosity to find the owner of the scent, but when it suddenly abandoned him, it made him undergo a withdrawal stage. He became conscious of each members' scent and finally realized why he can't find it anymore. Ever since their EXO-M memebers left for the official debut of the group in China, the scent left as well. He clung to that small connection that he made. It made Suho think endlessly about the mysterious scent. Does it belong to Xiumin? Luhan? Kris? Lay? Chen? Tao? Or one of their managers? He was craving for it so much that he look forward to visiting their brother group more than anyone. He got so afraid of forgetting how it smells that he became restless with each passing day. 

 

When they finally had the opportunity to visit China, he was the most excited one among them. He packed his bags faster than anyone and was unable to sleep the night before or even take a short nap during the plane ride. He was so looking forward to getting his fill of that wonderful scent after all these months. They made it to the M members' dorm and he jumped out of the car and bolted to the door. There, the other six welcomed them with open arms. Still sane enough not to act like a mad person, Suho took a natural approach and greeted each member with a hug, taking in each of their scent.

 

He started with the oldest member, Xiumin. Not him.

 

Luhan. Not him either.

 

Kris. Unfortunately, not him, too.

 

Lay. No.

 

Chen. Still no.

 

Tao. Not him as well.

 

This left him confused. He was so sure that he'll be able to find it with them but there's nothing. He also managed to get a whiff off the other staff of the M group but none of them emitted that powerful sweet scent. No one. 

 

"Suho? You okay?" Kris asked him when the Chinese leader saw the lost look on Suho's face.

 

"Huh? Ah yeah. I'm fine." he answered absently. 

 

"Jet lag?" Kris asked curiously again, not tearing his eyes away from the Korean leader.

 

"No. It's just... nothing." He couldn't muster the courage to tell Kris about what made him so disappointed. He knows he'll sound like a total creep when he tells that to the others and he doesn't want them to think that he's like that, especially not Kris.

 

"It's fine. Tell me. I might be able to help, you know?" the Chinese leader offered. 

 

"I can't find it." Suho caught himself saying. Too late to take it back now.

 

"Can't find what?" Kris asked curiously again.

 

"The scent. I'm looking for this scent. It left when you guys did so I thought... I thought one of you owned a certain perfume with that smell. But it's not here." Suho confessed miserably. He couldn't believe that he was this devastated about failing to find that smell, and also incredibly disappointed that it wasn't Kris'. For months he had always assumed that it was Kris' scent, but now he found out that it wasn't.

 

The lack of response made him nervous so he glanced at the tall member next to him. He saw Kris in a state of deep concentration, contrary to what he thought; that Kris might've found him creepy and just decided to ignore him.

 

"It might be from us. Maybe that someone just didn't wear the perfume today or something?" Kris suggested. It somehow gave some hope in Suho, to know that there is still a chance of finding that scent. At the moment, he was ready to believe any explanation as to why he couldn't find it. He was that desperate.

 

"I can help you look for it. We can go around the rooms later so you can get a whiff of the perfumes that we use." the M leader added.

 

Suho beamed at him with that kind smile he naturally has and Kris wasn't regretting offering his help to the Korean leader.

 

When everyone was busy with their own businesses, like eating, playing, watching, surfing the internet or just sleeping, the two leaders managed to sneak away from the living room and made their way to the M members' rooms. They first went in to Xiumin and Tao's room. The moment they went in, Suho already knew that the scent doesn't belong to either of them. But Kris still insisted on getting a whiff of their perfumes just to be sure. But as Suho suspected, its neither of them. Next, they came in Luhan's and Lay's room. The same as the first room, the scent couldn't be in there. The last room, Kris and Chen's room was Suho's last hope. Kris opened the room all too nervously as he let Suho in. The scent wasn't here either, but he hoped that it will be this room. He still wishes that the scent belongs to Kris, but as he got a whiff of Chen's and Kris' perfume, disappointment got to him again.

 

While in the room, the nervousness managed to make Kris broke into a cold sweat. Even with the air conditioner on, he sweated profusely while observing Suho's expression as he smell his perfume. He didn't change it even

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter