Final

Too late.

My last letter to you,

I just wished that they didn't talk like they were hurting more than me. The decision I made hurt me more than anything. The empty space in my heart was missing 11 people. They were only missing one. The pain deep down scarred me. The kind of scar that doesn't heal. I knew they had each other to comfort themselves. I knew you had them to comfort you when I left. I had no one. I was alone yet again. But being alone beats staying in that hell. I endured being away from them, from you, because I was selfish. I thought of only myself. I wanted to be free. But being selfish can be done once in a persons life time, so forgive me, that was my one time being selfish. But as you now know, years and years being aways from them killed me inside. It turns out, I couldn't do it. I couldn't handle it. And that was the end of it. Sorry. I know you must think, "why didn't he just come back?", I couldn't come back. I couldn't bring myself to take a step.

Goodbye. Don't cry. It's not your fault.

-Kris

[Tao's POV]

No. This can't happen. I should've came. I should've looked for him, forced myself on to him. I should have. But I never did. He was all alone. I had all of them, even him. He had no one, because even I turned my back on him. My love for him wasn't enough to see through his pains. My love for him had limits. His love for me didn't. He saw through my pains and knew what I'd do. Those words I spoke to him, hurt him. And I didn't notice. Now he's gone. And it's all my fault. But I can't forget that last line. "Goodbye. Don't cry. It's not your fault." Of course he knew I would be crying. He knew I would try to blame myself. It's funny. He only thought of me even in his last moments. I wish I could turn back time. I want to save him. Too late.