Just one day without her. And I know my answers.

Just one day without her. And I found my answers.

Tiffany was tossing around on the bed, unable to get to sleep. Maybe it is the rain. Maybe it is the flashes from lightnings. Or maybe it is the thunder that roared since an hour ago. 

Feeling scared and lonely, she decided to go next door to find her good friend Taeyeon.

 

"Tae, are you asleep?" She called out as she entered the room. 

 

"Anni, come in Pany. Come over here." Tae opened her arms to welcome Tiffany.

 

"Sorry to disturb. Can I sleep with you tonight?" Tiffany asked, feeling slightly embarrassed. 

 

"Of course you can Pany. Come." Tae patted the space beside her to signal Tiffany to settle at the empty space. And Tiffany did. 

 

It was silent for about 10 minutes. Only faint breathing sounds heard from both ladies. 

Actually Taeyeon hasnt been able to get to sleep for a period of time. She has been thinking alot. About herself. About her life. About her identity. About how she has felt for the best friend who is now sleeping beside her. And for her to be able to stay calm while Tiffany is just right beside her surprised her. 

Turning her body slightly to the right facing the back of Tiffany, she supported her head with her left hand. Silently looking at Tiffany from her back. 

Unable to contain her urge, she placed her right palm onto the waist of Tiffany and pulled the latter closer to herself, like almost spooning her. 

Tiffany was caught by surprise by Taeyeon's sudden skinship. But she kept quiet as she felt comfortable and secure. 

"Pany ah, do you like me?" There was no response. Is not like Taeyeon is expecting an answer anyways since she thought Tiffany is asleep. 

"I think I like you alot Pany ah~" Tiffany thought Taeyeon must be too bored to be talking to herself, answering her own questions. Being curious as to what Taeyeon is going to say again, Tiffany decided to keep mum. 

"Pany ah, do you love me? I think I love you." 

"Pany ah, do you think you will miss me if you dont see me for one day? I think you are probably will fine. But not for me. I cant imagine a day without seeing you."

Tiffany was shocked by her best friend's confession. Or was she confessing? Perhaps she is refering to friend-friend relationship. Or so Tiffany thought. 

-----------------------------

Next morning came. When Tiffany turned to her right to find Taeyeon, she was no longer there. 

"Where did she go?" Tiffany mumbled to herself.

She got out of the bed and roamed around the the house to find no sign of Taeyeon. She then went back to the room and found a note on the dressing table.

Anneong Pany ah. I am going back home to visit my parents and will only come back tomorrow. I will miss you. See you tomorrow!

Tae <3

"So she has gone home. Well it will just be me then."

"Tae, let's watch movie!" Tiffany called out forgetting that Taeyeon is not in the house. 

"Aish, forgot Tae is not here."

"Tae... Aish she is not here! Ok I shall just go sleep."

Tossing for like 20mins, Tiffany was unable to get to sleep. Looking at the alarm clock beside her, it was only 1130am.

"What? Not even half a day? Omg!"

Thinking she cant get to sleep anytime soon, she took her phone out. Looking through her photo gallery, she unconsciously smiled. There were lots of photos of her and Taeyeon. As she scroll through, she cant help but started to find herself missing her 10years friend. 

"Why didnt she calls me? And to think that she said she cant imagine not seeing me for one day." Tiffany mumbled to herself yet again. 

"I am so not going to call her. I should ask Sooyoung out to shop!'

To make sure time passes faster, she called Sooyoung out.

"Do you think Taeyeon will like this? I think this jacket suits her alot Soo."

"This is like the 7th piece of clothes that you have picked for Taeonnie, Tiff! Are you shopping for her or for yourself? Is like you are picking clothes for your boyfriend." Sooyoung said out loud unintentionally.

"Is just since I am out, then I see something suits her, I just feel like buying for her."

"Then how come you dont buy for me? Or Yuri? Or Yoona? You are so biased Tiff!" Sooyoung said acting like she is upset with Tiffany biased act. 

"Well, well that's because I didnt see anything that suits you girls..." Tiffany trailed off, half answering Sooyoung, half thinking about her biased act. 

Tiffany shrugged her thoughts off and decided to continue with her shopping. She didnt really enjoyed the day out. All the while her mind is not with her. Is like something is occupying her mind. Her whole mind. Or maybe is a someone. 

"Should I just call her? Aish she will laugh at me. I am so not missing her! Just go to sleep Tiff! She dont even bother to call you!" She talked to herself yet again. 

While contemplating whether to ca Taeyeon, Tiffany fell asleep on her bed. But a sudden loud thunder woke Tiffany up. Is just like yesterday once more. But now there is no Taeyeon, only Tiffany alone. 

The roars of thunders and white flashing lights from the lightning made the atmosphere especially scary when alone at home. Tiffany was scared and hid herself under the blanket. 

Then she heard the sound of door opening. Tiffany's heart beats fast, thinking the worst thing that is happening. Somebody is breaking in to their house. 

"OMG Tae, where are you?" Tiffany was extremely terrified. Then Tiffany's door was opening slowly and quietly.

Thinking that is some burglar, Tiffany dare not moved abit under the covers.

"Pant ah, are you still awake?"

Thats a familiar sweet and gentle voice that Tiffany will never fail to recognise.

"Taeyeon? Is that you?

"Yeah, is me. Taeyeon. Are you ok? I heard from forecast that there will be thunderstorm. I am worried about you alone here. So, I decided to come back. Arent you gonna welcome me home?"

Tiffany dont know why, but her eyes were filled with tears, and she was choked to say anything else. She was scared, frustrated, confused and angry at the same time. But there stand Taeyeon with arms opened waiting for Tiffany to give her a hug to welcome her back. And Tiffany did. She ran into the Taeyeon's arms and hugged her tightly. Still unable to make out any words from . 

"What the hell Tae!  You didnt even call me the whole day and I dont even know you are coming back. I thought is some bad guy." Tiffany whined with lots of frustration in her tone. 

"Ok ok. Is me alright? Nobody is going to hurt you. I won't let them happen anyways." Taeyeon assured Tiffany while wiping her tears away and embracing her again. 

After Taeyeon took her shower, she went back to Tiffany's bed again. Slotting herself right beside Tiffany. Again, just like yesterday. 

Tiffany felt her heart beating fast. Faster than usual. And her face felt extremely warm. She herself is not sure if she is having a fever or was it because of Taeyeon's palm on her waist. But this time she dared herself to turned around to face Taeyeon.

Their eyes met. And their eyes communicated some kind of confusion, frustration and perhaps desire. 

"Pany ah~" Taeyeon paused, not sure whether to continue her sentence.

But Tiffany knew what Taeyeon isn going to say. And so she decided to answer her before she continues.

"Do you like me? I think I like you. Do you love me? I think I love you. Will you miss me if you don't see me for one day? I think you will be fine. But I can't imagine without seeing you for a day. I have tried it, and I know it."

"Goodnight Tae Tae. Love ya." Tiffany leaned in and whispered to Taeyeon before kissing her on her lips and placing head on Taeyeon's chest into her dreamland. 

Taeyeon was stunned by Tiffany's familiar questions and answer. After realising that Tiffany has just confessed to her, she smiled and whispered back to Tiffany. 

"Goodnight Pany ah. Love ya too. See you in dreamland.