1

Love in the Galaxy Cafe

The Galaxy Cafe.

Nobody really knew what it was about that cafe that made it so special.

Maybe it was the endearing songs that would be played on repeat. 

Maybe it was the strangely attractive waitstaff.

Or, maybe it was the fact that everyone has inexplicably been able to find love inside the cafe.

Everyone except for the owner, an idiotic mess of gangly limbs known as Wu Yifan. 

It's never really bothered him, not until it started happening on his employees.

First it was Luhan, who fell head over heels for Minseok, a regular customer-turned-employee after Luhan had not-so-subtley blackmailed suggested to Yifan that he hire the older boy. I mean, it's not like you have to hire Minseok. I'm just saying, there would be a significantly higher chance that the rap album you made in high school would get leaked if you didn't. And I don't think that's something you'd want, is it, Kris?

Then, it was Jongin, the only one Yifan would ever admit to being less attractive than, who had fallen for a rather monotonous dance major in the same year. Don't talk about Sehun that way! I mean, he might have a really intense face, but it's so adorable how he makes this little squeak whenever you hug him from behind and the way he fumbles with the hem of his sweater when he gets nervous, or- 

But the most recent one, also the one that annoyed him the most, was Chanyeol, who met Baekhyun, a music major who came from the nearby university. 

Park Chanyeol met someone before he did.

Park Chanyeol, the same person who's 5 times clumsier, more awkward, and more idiotic than Yifan himself, and way less hot in Yifan's opinion.

Park Chanyeol, who ate a bowl of buttons when he was 10 because he thought they were M&M's. 

Yifan moped in the backroom, grumpily grinding coffee beans as his best friend raved on about his new love. "He has the prettiest singing voice, Yifan. And he's just so cute!" 

He'd find love in the cafe one day. He swore he would.

~~~~~~~

It took another few days of silently praying to the gods that someone would finally take notice of his overwhelming appeal endearing charms before he saw him. 

He sat alone, eyes cautiously watching everyone as they walked past the cafe. His hair was a bright blonde colour that Yifan found so becautiful with the evening light gracing his soft features. Yifan watched as his eyes flitted across the menu eyebrows furrowing so adorably, probably at the thought of coffee and chicken being sold together. 

"Take a picture, it'll last longer." Jongin snorted, snapping Yifan out of his reverie.

"I WASN'T STARING AT ANYONE!" Yifan nearly shouted, flushing a bright red.

"Sure you weren't." he said, tossing the older boy a pad of paper. "Go on and take his order before Luhan does."

"Luhan?" he said, the name dying on his lips as he saw the older boy approaching his angel by the window. 

His eyes widened as he took long strides to meet Luhan, scooping him up in his arms and carrying him to the backroom.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! YIFAN LET GO OF ME!" Luhan shouted, trying to squirm out of the younger's hold. 

Yifan ignored the older boy as he abruptly dropped him, "It's my turn to find love." he said, seriously, effectively shutting the elder up. 

"But why did you-" he started, words fading to a whisper as Yifan hurried to go meet his angel.

~~~~~~~

He could feel his palms sweating by the time he made it over to the window seat, finding it too late to back out when his angel took notice of him.

The words, can I take your order? died on his lips when he saw the shy smile on the boy's face.

"Hi." he greeted softly, placing the menu down.

"YOU'RE VERY ATTRACTIVE." Yifan blurted out.

"I'm sorry?"

"I THINK I LOVE YOU." he said loudly eyes widening when he realized what he said. "I MEAN MY NAME IS YIFAN, CAN I TAKE YOUR ORDER?" 

He thought his heart was going to burst out of his chest when he saw the boy hiding a soft giggle behind his hand.

"I'm Junmyeon." he said, extending a hand. 

Yifan took it awkwardly, praying Junmyeon wouldn't feel the amount of moisture accumulating on his hand as he held the other's softer one. 

"And a latte would be great, thank you."

Yifan dumbly nodded as he his heel and disappeared into the backroom, heaving for Minseok to make a latte before silently having a breakdown on a nearby stool. 

"You look like you're about to have a heart attack." Chanyeol comments as he unties the apron from around his waist. 

"I feel like I'm about to have a heart attack."

Chanyeol chuckled as he inched closer to the elder. 

"The guy you were staring at left, by the way."

Yifan's head shot up. "What?"

"He left you this, though." Chanyeol added, handing Yifan a slip.

Call me. 

726-649-3836

Yifan smiled as he committed the number to memory, a dumb smile written on his face. 

Maybe he wasn't as hopeless as he thought.