Remembering

Vestige
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin was confused- no just absolutely bewildered. He thought that trust was a mutual feeling in the group, but it turned out otherwise. He was angry at Donghae and Soojung for letting their personal emotions get in the way. He roughly ran his fingers through his uncombed locks of hair as he sighed. None of this would've happened if we cleared out all the misunderstanding. Yoona would still be here, with us. As he was about to close his eyes, he heard a soft but audible knock outside his door. Irritated and completely worn out Jongin grumbled as he lazily got up from his bed to open the door. "Jongin, it's me. Sehun." the knocker quietly replied as he revealed his face. Jongin saw that Sehun too, was just as tired and infuriated as he was. "Can I come in?" Jongin quickly nodded as he let the younger man into the room. "You know, I'm beginning to think that this whole thing was a mistake after all, you know, joining the x company." Sehun spoke as he sat down on the bed. "I know." "But I'm going to die knowing that I fought for Joseon. That's everything we have left." "Then what are we going to do about Donghae and Soojung." Jongin asked. "Donghae is really overwhelmed right now and for Soojung, I think she needs time to think things over. That just leaves you, me and Kyungsoo." "So what are we going to do?" Jongin challenged. "We need Yoona. She was the only other one who actually knew the details about the mission besides Donghae." "Yoona's at the ing police headquarters. How are we even supposed to get her?" "I have fake identity papers. In other words, I'm going to disguise as a doctor. It's the only way we'll be able to communicate with her." Sehun calmly replied. "So what about Kyungsoo and I? Should we also sulk around?" Jongin mocked. "You should stay here with Kyungsoo and try to find out any information or gossip that has been going around about the Japanese invasion. Maybe we'll be able to gather valuable information. I know you want to go see Yoona but Kyungsoo is our main priority- hyung, I can't trust anyone anymore except you." Sehun quietly explaining, his voice cracking. He wanted to appear courageous and strong, but it was also taking a toll on him; mentally and physically.

Oh Sehun was always used to be the youngest one; who was always loved and taken care of. He didn't want to admit that he was secretly ecstatic when he found out that he would be one of the youngest members to join the x company. He was a follower, not a leader. Perhaps his childish folly changed the moment he met Im Yoona. He wanted to show her how responsible and meticulous he was; who the real Oh Sehun really was

"Reina, you're still weak from your wounds. You shouldn't be walking around." Siwan said, concern stitched onto his face. "It's not as bad as you think." Yoona assured, smiling. "You're going back home as soon as fully recovered." Yoona suddenly tensed as she heard her brother. "Siwan, you know I came here for another reason, other than serving for my country." "I don't understand what you're trying to imply." "I'm here to find someone." "And who is this someone?" "An individual who I've always cherished and loved." "If you're talking about-" "My personal matters don't concern you. I want you to focus on your work and not worry about me." Yoona interjected as she gently cupped her brother's face. "You're the only reason why I'm living now. What if something happens to you? How do you think I would cope with that?" Siwan snapped as he pulled away from her. "I think you're underestimating me, Im Siwan." Yoona hissed, her voice suddenly going cold. "You know what your problem is? It's not being able to recognize your limits. You may be highly intelligent, but you're physically incapable of doing anything. Listen to me and go back to Japan and stay there, like the naive, helpless girl you always were." Siwan screeched. He knew he was going too far the moment the words had left his mouth, but it was too late to take them back. Yoona wasn't bothered at all about her brother's confession. She knew he was secretly embarrassed of her, because of her illness that prevented her from taking in part of normal activities with other women her age. "You don't even realize that you're not being yourself. Serving for his majesty? Turning your back against Joseon? You're  not achieving anything as a puppet." Drunken with anger by her comment, Siwan immediately slapped Yoona across her right cheek, hitting her so hard that her vision became momentarily blurry and stumbled to the floor. However, the physical pain was nothing compared to her emotional one, as she felt her heart shattering into infinite pieces. "Why don't you do your brother a favor and disappear from my life?" Siwan screamed as he angrily left the room with uttering another word.

Luhan had just completed translating Japanese commandments into Chinese when he saw Siwan bolt from the room Yoona was staying in, ignoring everyone as he made his way to his private office and slammed the door shut. The Chinese general knew something must've happened between them. Curiosity overtaking him, he slowly walked towards the room and quietly opened the door, alarmed to see a red liquid dripping down Yoona's left arm as she held her hand against her right cheek. "I'm fine. I just fell." Yoona replied, sounding pained as she tried to stop the excessive bleeding. "You wanted to see your brother just so he could lash his anger on you?" Luhan asked, his voice sounding more irritated than he wanted it to be. "It's my fault, I angered him." "The doctor will be arriving in a few minutes. Stay with me now." Luhan urged as he saw that Yoona was falling in and out of consciousness. Yoona remained silent as the blood continued to drip down her pale cheeks. She stared as the red liquid left dark stains onto her cotton pants. She figured from the beginning that Siwan had no intention of returning to Joseon or even acknowledging his heritage. That wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter