The Truth

Vestige
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yoona  remained frozen in the general's bed as she felt panic rise in herself. The general's glare only intensified as he stared back, his eyes displaying no emotion. She didn't know how to react. As she attempted to sit up, she felt a stinging pain radiating down her back. "Don't move," the general hissed as he stepped towards her, causing Yoona to flinch at the sound of his every footstep. The general stopped in his tracks when he was only centimeters away from her. "Are you scared of me?" he scoffed, his facial features becoming clearer to the victim. He wasn't very tall, but that flaw was forgotten by his face. He had pale skin, a jaw line that seemed as though it was sculpted by the gods, and a pair of large eyes, similar to hers as they were unusually large but still mysterious and beautiful. Yoona wanted to reply, but she knew she was too weak to even move her lips. Her anemia hadn't left her, and hit her hard this time around. She could only helplessly stare back at the general, silently gasping in pain. "We found these in your bag," he continued as he pulled out a bottle of pills from his pocket. "Being a foreign agent with a declining health like yours is dangerous."

He was certainly not wrong. There were several times where she fainted; even while going outside to meet a friend or shop for groceries. It was almost foolish of her to take on such a demanding task. When she was asked to be part of x company, she almost declined; knowing that her unstable health would only become a hindrance to the other members. However, the officials insisted that she become a member, eventually stating that a doctor would be added to the mission, specifically to restrict the amount of her physical activities. When no response was heard from Yoona, the general proceeded to violently pull back the white covers, revealing the torn white dress on her frail body. He tightly grabbed Yoona's right arm and forcefully pulled her up, earning an inaudible moan from her. "Your back," he whispered, the sternness in his voice disappearing. Yoona's torn dress not only exposed her entire milky back, but also the blood red marks she received from the lashings. His eyes lingered from Yoona's wounds to her face. She's beautiful, he thought. He had met many women in his life, but none had been as alluring as her. "General, my brother, he's stationed here, Kaito Kunimitsu- please let me see him one last time." Yoona managed to speak. The general, in response, was surprised and slightly irritated. Who said you were going to die you fool. "You can't possibly believe I would believe such a lie like that." "I'm not lying. My name is Reina Kunimitsu." she spoke, as she continued to gasp in pain. "If what you told me is a lie, you know that'll result in consequences." he warned, staring intently into her eyes. Before Yoona could verbally respond, she saw spots of white and black cloud her vision. No, not yet, Yoona pleaded. But it was already too late as she once again fell into the infinite abyss.

"Kaito, a female foreign agent is claiming to be your sister," the general sighed as he rubbed his temples. "A female foreign agent?" Kaito asked, clearly amused. "Yeah, she came from Joseon." "Then I'll be courteous and meet her then." "Are you serious? Do you believe her?" "Luhan, my sister went missing 6 months ago after her friend died. Is it against the law for me to cling onto a bit of hope?" "I'm terribly sorry for my ignorance to your feelings." Luhan sarcastically murmured. "It's fine, I don't expect you to understand anyway general Luhan." Kai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter