Final

Home? [One Shot]

                This is so going to get me into trouble.

                The boxes of stage equipment did little to no justice in hiding my frame. Staring at the carelessly opened door I just went through, I pursed my lips and kept my cool. I could still hear the faint screams of the fans, probably by his high-end car or something, waiting for him to get in, hoping to just catch a glimpse. But no, he’s probably not going out to get into his car anytime soon -  because he’s backstage with his bodyguards and stylists, sweaty hand holding shiny microphone.

                I’d probably be thrown into jail for sneaking in like this but- okay nope, it’s going to be worth it okay he’s just like only two meters in front of me I’m-

 

                “Thud!”

 

                …

 

                “Shoot.”

 

                I stared at the dreaded tiny box that had fallen and had miraculously erupted such a loud sound, loud enough to have tens of heads turn towards the trembling, stupid teen girl that was attempting to camouflage herself with the many microphone standees but sorrowfully failing.

                I knew I shouldn’t have walked in.

                The high ceiling echoed my supposed whispered curse. That trigged the senses of the three buff bodyguards that were sternly eyeing my feet. Making the mistake of turning back to make a run for it, a hand gripped my wrist, “Gotcha.”

                Dead. Dead. I was going to be put into jail for wanting to see him close up. The sad, sad life of a fangirl. Wanting to just see him magnified a bit, not one small dot on stage. I was going to-

                That voice.

                I could recognize that voice anywhere. From all the beats that accompanied his smoothing deep voice, the beats that led his soulful rapping. 

                I whipped my head around.

 

               “C-C-Cha-Yeo-Chan-P-Park-Chan-”

 

               He chuckled.

               Face inches away from mine.

               He chuckled.

               Dismissing the people behind him, he brought his attention back to me.

 

               “Finally.”

 

               I blinked.

               What.

               His eyes suddenly shifted, expression turning stern. Removing his hand, he grasped my hand instead.  “Come with me.”

               What.

               

                Nothing else came into my vision as he firmly dragged me to someplace. The only thing I could see were his broad shoulders, his sturdy back, the rest were a blur. It was like a focused fancam. Despite that, millions of questions were swimming in my mind.

                We arrived at a door with a piece paper spelling ‘Park Chanyeol’ stuck on it. Gently pushing me inside, he shut the door before turning me around to face him.

                I gulped.

                “So,” he took two chairs, gesturing for me to sit, “Hi.”

                “…”

                “Uh…” He rubbed the back of his head. “I’m Park Chanyeol. I’m sure you already know that, don’t you?”

                Managing a soft ‘yes’, I sat down.

                He clasped his hands together. “Right. I just need to get this over with.”

                His eyes were staring right at me.

                “______.”

 

                He said my name.

                He said my name.

                Breathe. Breathe.

 

                Giving me a firm look, he started, “_______, you don’t belong here.”

                My fingers stopped fiddling. The question jerked me.

                “_______… you, you don’t belong here but you belong somewhere else. You belong in a city, under the sea.”

                “…What.”

                He let out an exasperated sigh, “You don’t believe me, do you?”

                I shook my head.

                “Okay look at me.” He placed his hands on my shoulders. “Don’t you remember me? I’m Chanyeol, the boy who played with you when you were young. The boy who liked to sing you lullabies, the boy who did everything with you.”

                “I-I-I don’t-”

                “_______, they took you away from your family, your friends… me.”

                “…They? They… who?”

                He let me go, brows furrowing in frustration. “Who are you staying with?”

                “I… stay with my brothers.”

                “Jinyoung. And… Mark. Right?”

                “How did you…?”

                “I know you, _______. And you know me. You just forgot because they- Argh please. Please listen to what I have to say and… please trust me.”

 

                I was taken away by two rebels of the city of Olympus when I was four. Olympus was a city created by my ancestors a long, long time ago. It shaped like dome, enormous, and built underwater. Air, electronics, everything existed at Olympus. The only thing that was missing though, was me- the daughter of the leaders of Olympus. Apparently I was knocked out. The well-loved artist, the one with thousands of girls flocking around him every second, was my best friend. He was with me in the garden outside when he saw two slightly older kids approaching me. But before he could do anything, his vision went black. When he awoke, I was gone.

 

                It took a while to process the information.

 

                “________!”

                I was engulfed into a hug. When the arms released me, I was greeted by Mark’s smiling face. “How was the concert?”

 

                I know the two guys are your said ‘brothers’.

 

                “The concert was… good.” I bit my lip.

                The smile never left his face. “Glad the money I wasted made you happy. I ordered pizza for you, in case you were hungry.”

 

                No. They can’t be. My brothers are too nice.

               

                Please… trust me. I was sent here, to get you back to Olympus. Since I couldn’t enroll in your school I figured I needed some way to get your attention. I saw you fawning over some boy group and I figured… yeah. The door was left open intentionally for you.

 

                “Where’s Jinyoung?”

                “He’s out handling something.” Mark patted my back. “Go ahead and sleep first.”

 

                Meet me at the airport at 3 in the morning. I’ll take you back home. Wait! Before you say anything, I just want to say there are people there missing you, and have been missing you for the past few years. I… have been missing you. I really hope I’ll see you there.

 

               I stared at the clock. 2:27a.m. They should be sleeping. I rashly grabbed my stuff and tiptoed out the bedroom door. It wouldn’t hurt to see whether Chanyeol’ll actually show up at the airport or not. Soon, I had my grip on the handle of the front door.

               

                “Where are you going?”

 

                My head snapped back, “M-Mark! Jinyoung! I uh, I was just-”

                “It’s almost 3 in the morning, where the heck are you going?” Mark stepped closer, face plastered with worry, switching the lights on in the process.

                “I- uh-”

                “Mark.” Jinyoung put his hand out, stopping him from moving further. “I told you.”

                Mark’s face fell. his lips, he asked, “_______… where did you disappear to after the concert?”

                My eyes widened. “What do you mean disappear- You weren’t at the concert, Mark.”

                “I was.”

                My gaze shifted to Jinyoung, “… You were…?”

                Jinyoung sighed, “________, what I’m about to say, please believe me.”

               

                Déjà-vu.

 

                Mark handed me my bag, hugging me close. “Remember that we’re just a call away, okay?”

                “________.” I was brought into Jinyoung’s arms next, “Before you learn the hard way how Olympus really is, please, call us to take you back. Just, shout out our names. We’ll be there.”

 

                Yes, we’re not your brothers. But that we can explain. _______, remember mom? I guess you know now that she’s not actually your mom. She’s not our mom either. We aren’t even brothers. She was one of the rebels that were assigned to take care of us during this mission. Remember… how she died? She was actually assassinated, ______. By the leaders’ workers.  Mark and I are orphans, ________. Our parents starved to death striving to give us enough food to survive. Olympus is just a dome of luxury with a sad secret hidden right underneath it, way deeper under the sea. A place where the poor people whose ancestors helped built Olympus live. Life there was way more unfair before your father’s brother, decided to leave when he found out about life under the dome. He detested how his brother could be so consumed by greed, and he wanted to fight for our justice. You are an important asset to them, so he thought of this plan.

 

 

 

                “_______!” Chanyeol ran towards me, a big grin bright on his face. “You came!”

                I nodded, unsure.

                He must’ve sensed how uncomfortable I felt, because his smile softened, hand reaching out to carry my backpack. “Let’s go home.”

 

                I really didn’t know Chanyeol was working for the leaders. I really didn’t know. Everywhere you went, I or Mark would follow you, and we’re sorry, but we had to for your safety… In case something like this might happen. When you left the venue, I followed Chanyeol. It was hard, considering how that guy was so vigilant. But, I tried my best. He… seemed genuinely worried about you… I came into conclusion that maybe all that he said to you… may be what he considered was the truth, since he was raised in Olympus. We didn’t know he was that guy that was in the garden with you.

 

                ‘Welcome to Bordeaux!’ read the sign.

                Along the way to France, Chanyeol had been chatty. Chatty in a good, friendly way. He had made the journey a very comfortable one. I felt a lot more secure than when I first boarded the plane. I was even more assured with the thought of Mark and Jinyoung being in the next plane.

                “How are we going to get there?”

                He put an arm around my shoulders, “There.” He pointed ahead, “We just walk along this river till we reach the estuary. There, there’ll be a boat.”

                “A boat…”

                “Yeah… And then we’ll ride it to- Okay nope, I’ll ride it till we reach our destination.” He gave a chuckle, and that smile. “And then we’ll be home.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note:

hahahahahahaha it's so lame omg, I'm sorry sobs.