The Caterpillar's Life

Project Metamorphosis

 

"Do you know how much this is?! Oh, right! You don't know because you don't have one! You can't buy one, you poor stupid piece of ! You're making so much trouble with that ugly face of yours and your carelessness. Get out of my way before I end your useless life, ." She's so pretty. Baek Hani, I mean. She's the queenka of my school and I really am a fan of her.

I tried to block the tears away. I don't need to show another level of ugliness to her or I'm sure she won't accept my gift for her birthday. Still, I only want to give this hand made sweater to her and wish her a happy birthday. The winter season is coming closer so I decided on making her a warm sweater so she won't be cold. I don't want my idol to get sick, now, do I?

But before I even get the chance to say my greetings, I got so excited and bumped her, causing for her frappe to spill on her dress. i'm sure that dress was expensive so I tried to save it, wiping the stain desperately. I understand Hani when she shoved me to the ground and slapped me hard. I really do. I caused her inconvinience and that dress was probably special or new, too. I don't deserve the chance to complain or get mad even when my lips were busted from the hard slap. I deserve that, anyway.

I got back on my feet after recovering from the pain in my face, picking my box of present and handing it with a smile though my left cheek hurts a little. Smiling brightly and ignoring everything, I greeted her a happy birthday.

"Happy birthday, Hani-ah! I wanted to give you this present but I got so excited and spilled the drink. I'm really sorry. I was just happy to see you. Please accept my gift. I'm really your fan, Hani-ah." I tried the best I can to endure the pain and not spill tears. I was hoping she'd take it.

She scoffed and crossed her arm, rolling her eye and smirking back at me. "You really are something, Song Nabi. You still have the guts to show your face in this school? Do you know how much trouble your ugly face brings in our school? Can't you just get lost, huh, you ugly, useless, loser?" I tried to fake a smile. She's just mad for now. I'm at fault, anyway. I'll try being her friend tomorrow.

"And what's this? How dare you give me trash?! It's just like you, Nabi. Trash. Worthless. Useless. No class. Good-for-nothing." She said the words with every stomp she did on the box with her expensive heels, ruining the wrap I've made late last night. The red sweater was almost close to being ruined, too. I'm glad she didn't rip the sweater into shreds, too. Maybe, she'll pick it up later and wear it. She'll say thanks to me for it and I'll be her friend. I know Hani is nice. She's just mad right now.

She pushed me as I fell to the hard ground. Though she kicks hard because of the heels she was wearing, I didn't care. Hani will say sorry later. She's nice.

"Get lost, Song Nabi. No one wants you here." She glared at me and walked away with her group of friends who are queenkas too. I tried to stand. Though I failed on the first try, I managed to stand up and pick the present for Hani. I took the ribbons off of the torn box and tied the red sweater with it. This way, Hani would still want to pick it up later when her head cools down.

Fishing for my sticky notes, I took a sheet from my pad and wrote at it, saying "I'm sorry, Hani. Let's be friends". I gave it a good pat and walked away, hoping that she'd come back and pick it up later.

 

 

 

"Auntie, I'm home." I brightly announced my arrival and searched for Auntie Jihyun. She had taken care of me when my parents died from a plane crash. Since then, she had been my guardian and though she was drunk at times and took her anger on me, I was happy she still fed me. Though her daughter, Yura was scary, I know she has a good side to her just like when we were kids, playing at our backyard when my parents were still alive.

"What took you so long?! Did you eat the cupcakes Yura made for her boyfriend? You pig! Spit it out, you stupid, hideous being!" Auntie Jihyun pulled on my hair and submerged my head on a basin of soap water from the laundry.

"I didn't-- eat it-- Auntie, I--swear!" I tried to speak my sentence in between her pulling and pushing of my head towards the basin. I stung my eyes from the soap and tears ran as I tried to be free from her grasp and run towards the bathroom.

I crouched by the faucet and rubbed my eyes by the water, trying to take the sting away. Auntie Jihyun knocked harshly on the door, shouting. "Open this door, Nabi! Wait til I get my hands on you, you ugly creature! I should've left you dead, my gosh, I'm so stupid!"

Tears ran down from my eyes. I didn't know if it was from the sting in my eyes by the soap water or from the hurtful words i have heard since this morning. I really didn't know.

 

I'm Song Nabi. Welcome to my life.

 


 

Zelo tried the victorian tailored suit made  by his Yongguk hyung and flipped his bangs before putting the black hat, knowing that it's like those hats where magicians pulls out rabbits. He smiled, reminiscing at the childhood he had after he followed Yongguk's parents. The life he had was so much better. There were no abuse or hurtful words anymore. Yongguk's parents made him go to school and made sure he was enjoying it. They made sure Zelo was happy together with the other boys they took in their family like their own sons.

"How do I look?" He asked his brothers, leaning by the door frame as he watches their expression. Himchan stood up and arranged the neck bow properly. Zelo thanked him after and sat, watching as his hyungs laughed like they always did on jokes everyone cracked. Now that he realized, this scene had been going on for years since the day they met each other. Everyone became happy once they came into this house.

Zelo smiled and thought that maybe, this house was heaven.