fin.

Of Croissants and Roses

"I want a corsage for prom."

Daehyun looks up from his phone. "A corset?"

"The , Dae, no. A corsage." Baekhyun says. Realization hits Daehyun as he nods and hums in response before taking Baekhyun's biology textbook and resting his head on it. He chooses to ignore the huff that leaves the other's lips. He has a lot of time to take a quick nap before lunch is over; and Baekhyun should definitely choose to study English more. Yeah. English, man. 

Just as he's about to slip into dreamland, he abruptly sits up and scares Baekhyun into dropping the fork full of pasta back on the plate.

"Are you even my prom date?" 

Baekhyun stares at Daehyun bewilderedly. "Didn't you ask me–" 

"Did I?"

"I thought–"

"Right." Daehyun replies and picks up the fallen fork, twirling more of the pasta on it before stuffing it in his mouth.

"I'm confused." 

"That's nice."

And Daehyun returns to his nap.

- - - -

Prom night. 

Daehyun is late. 

Unacceptable, Baekhyun thinks. How dare Daehyun tell him, "get ready early, I'll pick you up at your house," and end up being late as hell. It's cold, and dear lord, those boys shouting about deodorant across the street from him need to stop.

A car stops in front of his house and in a few seconds, someone steps out of it. It's Daehyun, dressed up tidily (for once), grinning like the happiest man in the world as he walks up to Baekhyun, and in his hands are–

"What the the ." Baekhyun says, eyeing the platter of two croissants and a blueberry danish. 

Daehyun picks up the blueberry danish, eating half of it in one bite before stuffing the rest in Baekhyun's mouth. "What," he says with his mouth half full. It's kind of disgusting.

It takes Baekhyun a few minutes to finish chewing and swallowing. He clears his throat when he's done, and smacks Daehyun's arm. 

"?????? Why do you have croissants?" 

"Didn't you ask for it?" Daehyun asks, waving the platter in Baekhyun's face. They stare at each other, one end in disbelief and the other end, well, blankly.

Baekhyun sighs loudly, fighting the urge to roll his eyes. "I said corsage. Corsage, Daehyun. Not boutonniere, not corset, and definitely not croissants." 

"Oh. Well."

"Well."

Silence passes between the two as Daehyun struggles to find something to say that won't result in him being brutally mutilated. 

"Yolo. Food is always cooler."

Daehyun stuffs the croissant into Baekhyun's sleeve and the other into his tuxedo pocket.

They lose the croissants five minutes into prom. 

(Although, whether it was because it was eaten by Daehyun or dropped along the way of Baekhyun trying to get him to dance properly is unknown.)

(It's okay though. Daehyun plucked a branch full of leaves and stuck it in Baekhyun's hair and told him he looked pretty.)