oo1

One Fine Day

A soft melody of the just released song was playing at the background of the small café. Composed by one of the biggest anonymous composer of that year, the song reached the top charts in notime, sung by the angelic voices of the top entertainment agency the song was wanted by a lot of people. The composer was sitting by the window on his favorite chair with a magazine while sipping on his coffee silently, his mind nowhere else then at the song itself, what a big mistake it was to sell the song to the company for that amount of money, he almost didn’t get any credits, that’s what hurted him the most. He was just a simple man, straight short black hair, flawless skin and a normal job. He worked at his own small studio he owned by his own fair owned money by working hard as teenager. His dream was to open a studio and help people with their dream as musician, a dream he didn’t reach. He stood up and placed the magazine back on the stash of magazines and newspapers before walking to the counter.

“Did you enjoy your coffee Joseph?”

The barista, an old good friend of him asked him with a gentle smile. They’ve known eachother since middle school and eversince, the two were inseperable. The man gave the woman a small smile and a slight nod before pulling out his wallet to pay.

“It was good but the one you made yesterday was better Min”

The woman scoffed and slapped the side of his head making him laugh as he placed the money on the counter. The woman took the money and gave him his change and let him check if it was the right amount of money she gave him, he always did that like he didnt trust her with money, she just rolled her eyes seeing her friends usual habit. She got a bit annoyed as he indirectly said that the other barista who was in charge yesterday is much better at making coffee than that she is.

“You know that Fei was in charge of the coffee yesterday, how can you talk like that to your bestfriend”

The man gave her a light chuckle as he shook his head slightly and shrugged his shoulder before looking up at her again giving her an innocent smile making her scrunch her nose in annoyance.

“Fei makes the best coffee, just admit it that you also think like that”

Min raised her eyebrows at the latter and smacked his head once again this time a bit harder making him whince a bit before he brought his hand back up to his head to rub the spot Min just hitted really hard while mumbling som soft curses hoping his friend wont hear it, and to his luck, she didnt and just continued talking.

“I heard about the song you wrote, its not fair that they didn’t give you credits youre supposed to get for composing and writing the song. You should really do something about Joseph”

Min said as she started to put the cups on their places in the cupboards before looking up at her old friend with a concerned look on her face. He leaned against the counter and heaved a soft sigh.

“Theyre a great powerful company and Im just a common composer, you know how those things work Min, I have no power on that. They payed me, I gave them my song and that’s the end, there wasn’t anything about credits on the contract, I just thought it would be good that my songs would finally be exposed to the world. Im just an anonymous composer, the great invisible man in the industry”

Min nodded a bit and sighed softly at her friends words. She knew he was somehow right about that. She cleaned the counter top with a rag before looking up at him with widened eyes as she slammed her hands on the counter before waving the rag in the air indicating she had an idea, the young man just rolled his eyes at his friends behaviour and crossed his arms on his chest shifting on his legs so he would get more support from the other leg as he stood there.

“I know it! I know the perfect way to become more known for your talent! And I take no no as an answer Joseph!”

“Min I really don’t think it’s a good id-“

Min didn’t hesitate and covered the man his mouth with the wet dirty rag making him frown while she just stared in the blank space.

“You know Sunwoo right? The bestfriend of my cousin, he owns a studio as well and he can help you out!”

The man slapped her hand away while still frowning as she gave him an apologetic smile and continued to clean the counter top with the rag.

“You mean, what was his stagename again? Baro? I mean yes he is kind of well known and I noticed that he is growing but I don’t need that Min, you know Im happy with just my small studio and helping people out with someone I couldn’t and cant achieve”

“Joseph, youre only 23 years old, grow up man! If you really want it you can still make it. Youre young, handsome, talented and your voice is just really heaven”

He raised his eyebrows as he heard those words come from , aslong as he knew her she was never this nice to him, well she was but not in public or outloud like this. She gave him an innocent sarcastic grin before proceeding to do her job as some costumors entered the shop.

“I am going now, I have some work to do. Will you be there this saturday for Bobby’s birthday celebration?”

The woman was busy making some other coffee’s and grunted in frustration as she spilled some coffee before turning to her friend.

“I cant make it, and besides, his birthday was a few months ago, he should’ve chosen a better time to celebrate it”

“You know that he doesn’t like to celebrate his birthday when its that cold outside Min but I will inform him tonight about you okay?”

The woman gave him a small nod as she continued doing her job while he chuckled at the sight before spinning a coin on the counter top leaving it as a tip for the coffee before he put his yellow beanie on his head and made his way to the entrance as he quietly left the café. He strolled down the busy streets of Seoul slowly making his way to the small quieter part of the busy city. He took in the fresh air of the peaceful streets as he started to roam around the small boutiqes. He stopped at an old looking boutiq and entered the shop, as he entered a soft rinkling bell could be heard indicating a costumer entered the shop. At the counter an old woman could be seen sitting peacefully on a chair as she smiled at the man sweetly.

“Welcome to my humble shop young man”

He walked to the counter and smiled at the woman shaking her hand politely with a small bow of his head. He look around a bit from the spot and smiled as he nodded approvingly.

“You have a nice shop halmeoni, mind if I look around a bit?”

The woman gave him a smile of happiness as she receives the compliment from the young man and nodded while motioning to the shop with her hands.

“Go ahead young man, look around if there is something that catches your eye”

He smiled and nodded as he started to walk through the shop calmly looking at all the stuffs she had to offer. He stopped in his tracks as he spotted an old camera collection on the shelves somewhere at the back of the store. He slowly took one of the camera’s that catched his eye the most and studied it carefully not wanting to drop it. The old woman slowly made her way to the man and smiled as she saw he had interests for the old camera.

“That camera used to be of my late husband, he collected all kinds of old camera’s it was his passion. I see you like camera’s as well?”

The man was startled and turned his head to the old woman before giving her a sincere smile.

“Your husband had a good taste for camera’s, I deffinetly like this one. But… why do you want to sell his collection?”

The old woman smiled and picked one of the camera’s of the shelf and looked at it before looking at the man beside her.

“He woudlve wanted it to go to someone who will love them and I don’t have a thing for camera’s theyre only taking up space in my small home”

The old woman said jokingly making the man laugh softly as he scanned the camera before looking up at the woman.

“I will take this one, I will make your husband proud of me by taking good care of it and loving it”

The old woman smiled meaningful and walked back to the counter after putting the camera back on the shelf. The man followed suit and payed for the camera. He bowed his head slightly as he took the plastic back from the old woman and made his way outside after saying his goodbye to the old woman. He strolled down the peaceful long street as he looked at some other small boutiqe’s. He went inside his favorite store and greeted the middle aged man behind the counter as he immediately made his way to the first shelf on his right where he saw a polaroid camera.

“I see you came back for that little fella hmh?”

The middle aged man said and the young man turned to look at him with a bright smile and nodded as he held the camera while walking to the counter placing it on the glass counter carefully.

“Ofcourse I did, I always come back when I see something to my liking”

The middle aged man chuckled and nodded as he got a plastic bag for the young man and put the stuff in the plastic bag before taking the money and giving him his change. He gave the younger man a friendly wink which the younger man returned with a warm smile.

“I hope to see you this week, Haru misses you”

The middle aged man chuckled softly at mention of his youngest daughter. The young man and the little girl were getting along well because the young man would always play with her or play some music for her.

“I will try to drop by this week for her, but I cant promise anything since I have a lot of stuff I have to do this week”

The middle aged man nodded in understanding and smiled as the young man bid his goodbye. He left the shop and continued strolling around the streets taking some pictures of the shops and some people and kids playing around smiling at the results that come out on the picture. He carefully puts the pictures and the polaroid camera in the plastic bag and slowly starts to walk home. He places the camera on the shelf above his tv and puts the polaroid camera on the small table beside the tv. He slowly walks to his bedroom and changes into a black t-shirt and tops it with a black baseball jacket adjusting his yellow beanie on his head before changing his pants to khaki pants and walks to the front door to get his black Jordans getting his backpack from the couch in the livingroom and heads out of his apartment.

 

 

“It doesn’t sound nice like that at all, how can you listen to something like this at all AJ. The base isnt complete and the lyrics and the vocals. Seriously AJ?”

A black haired boy was spinning the chair he sat on while listening to a demo.

“Oh please Bobby stop whining and just wait till its finished okay? It’s a beginners demo, we can change it a bit here and there and we still have to record the vocals we want to put in it, its still in processing”

AJ rolled his eyes at his younger friend and continued listening to the instrumental demo patiently frowning at some parts. Bobby just sighed and threw his head back in annoyance, they’ve been listening to demo’s for the past 2 hours and not one of them was useful. AJ thought they could use this one the best and noted some things on his notepad while listening to it.

“Oh please AJ, are you seriously going to try to make something out of this crap? The base isn’t even good, you can hear no rhythm at all”

Bobby raised his eyebrows and looked at his older friend with a desperate expression on his face as he put his feet on the table and crosses his arms on his chest leaning back in his chair.

“Min cant make it to your party”

AJ said knowing he could shut his younger friend up with that kind of news. He smirked as it worked and continued doing his work. He took some more notes while listening to the other demo’s. He swiftly moved his chair and stood up before walking out of the booth and got into his office to arrange his stuff.

“Bobby we got some work to do for tomorrow”

Bobby looked up and frowned as he peeked his head from around the corner from the booth looking into AJ’s office making AJ let out a soft chuckle while shaking his head. Bobby wasnt the friendliest or most helpful at times but he did work hard for the small studio owned by AJ because he shared the same passion as AJ. The passion of the beautiful culture of music. Eventhough AJ can sometimes really strangle Bobby, he is still thankful to have him around in the studio because of his hard work on gathering demo's and scouting people. AJ was satisfied with him.

 


 

it has been a long time since i reached more than 2000 words for a chapter *^*
hope you guys enjoyed it!
tumblr_nkdu0737Si1tccyapo1_400.gif
_pinocchio_ out *peacesign*