Hello Hello

Breath of Love

Changmin nagged, because Changmin always nagged.
"You're going off half-cocked, How do you know they're even still in contact? What if the fans see you?"
Yunho heard none of it. He simply pat the younger on the shoulder for looking out for him and made his way out the dorm.
He'd gotten in contact with the other idol from M.Pire, somehow, and they'd chatted a little about the matter. Lumin had agreed to meet Yunho at least for lunch, and they'd go from there. He seemed honestly more interested in the outcome on a personal level, but that didn't bother Yunho. Now, admittedly, the kiss scene floating around the web from Mozart might have prickled a little, but he was just going to write that off to good acting. 
Yunho's phone went off, less than three steps from the door. Expectantly, he checked to see what the nagging housewife that was Shim Changmin had said next. The text was more personal, this one simply reading: "Please be careful..." he chuckled at that fondly. The younger had every right to worry. Yunho was risking a lot, he knew that, but it was his personal decision. He wanted to see this through. It was their first and only lead to get back in contact with their former band mates. Naturally, Changmin wasn't as enthusiastic at that idea, he tended to hold grudges a bit longer. Yunho thought it was high time to try to be the better person.
Yunho pulled out his phone once more, double checking the location for their meeting. He hailed a taxi, giving the driver the instructions to get them further into the city. Seemed this idol had some expensive tastes, but that was no matter. About twenty minutes later, he thanked the man and continued on his way, exiting the cab.
The other man had specified even where he'd be seating and told Yunho that he'd probably be there early, so the leader made his way into the restaurant, thankful it didn't seem too terribly crowded. It didn't take long. A man with white-blonde hair waved him over and Yunho took the hint and went up to finally meet face to face with Lee Seunghyun of M.Pire.
The man smiled, brightly, almost looking as if he was the one excited to be in contact with Yunho and waved politely. "Hello sunbae!" 
The excitement was just a bit offsetting, but Yunho took a seat and smiled back timidly. "Ah, hello. Seunghyun-sshi, am I correct?"
The boy waved both hands, chuckling. "Oh~ No. Please, call me Lumin." he redirected with a smile.
This Lumin looked about ready to burst at this point. Was that a blush on his cheeks? Yunho shook the thoughts off and smiled, nodding. "Lumin, then. Well, thank you for meeting me here under such short notice." he stated. 
Lumin coughed a little in the process of trying to sip at his lemonade, chuckling again. "Please. Thank you for wanting to meet with me. I guess there's no real use hiding it, I'm a fan, of everyone, alltogether." he winked playfully. 
Yunho blinked, sitting back a little in his seat, regarding the idol curiously. "You...are?" 
Lumin nodded emphatically, stirring the drink idly. "For a long time now. I considered myself lucky to get in the social circle with Jaejoong before, and working with Junsu-sunbae was quite the experience," he nodded "but, enough about me, let's talk about why you wanted to meet in the first place." his expression turned a little coy, a bit unsettling, as he leaned forward on his resting hands. "Is this the part where you tell me you want Jaejoong's phone number?" he chuckled. 
Yunho coughed to clear his throat, looking around for any listening ears and shaking his head simply, giving a brief explanation. "Not Jaejoong..." 
Lumin gawked at him for a few seconds before it slowly morphed into a smile. "Ah~ I see. That was going to be my next guess." he winked. This man was quite blunt. 
Yunho sipped at his own water that finally arrived, avoiding direct eye contact. 
"Forgive me sunbae, but this....is exciting!" the blonde grinned. "I'll be more than happy to assist" he placed a hand over his chest as if pledging some loyalty
"Is that right?" Yunho questioned, finally cracking a small laugh. "Perhaps you can tell me where to start then. I'm not sure how to approach." he shrugged casually. 
Lumin squinted suspiciously at the older idol in front of him, the corner of his mouth quirking in a knowing smirk. "You aren't just trying to talk with him, are you? No, this is something else entirely, I can tell. You have this determined look about the whole thing....which is adorable by the way, excuse me for saying that, but I digress." he chuckled. "It's simple. I can get you the address and you just- go over there." he shrugged. 
Now Yunho questioned his sanity. "You want I should just go place myself at the home of three people who I haven't talked to in -" he counted on his fingers. "about five years?" the tone was incredulous. 
"Why not? You have to start somewhere, right?" Lumin shrugged, as if it wasn't a big deal. 
Yunho's eyes widened significantly more as he scoffed, shaking his head. That didn't seem plausible. He knew it made sense, and was probably overdue but....was he ready for all that? 
"Besides," Lumin added, "You'll have to get used to going over there anyways. What if things get serious between you and Junsu-sunbae, hm?" he prompted cleverly. 
Yunho felt his cheeks redden. That was a damn good point, one he hadn't thought through all the way. 
The younger idol seemed to take the silence as he might have overstepped his bounds, reaching to pat Yunho on the side of his shoulder across the table. "Look, I know I can be blunt about this kind of stuff, especially biased because- hello fan- but... I mean it. Lack of communication only gets worse over time, trust me." 
That reminded Yunho of something he'd noticed during his research. Curious eyes searched the blonde's, before he cracked a sly smile. "Alright. How about we make a little deal then. I'll help you since you're helping me." he nodded, "Yeah?" 
For once today, the other idol seemed a bit taken off guard, blinking owlishly at the leader of TVXQ. "Depends..." he stated, cautiously.
Yunho grinned more. "I'll agree to go meet, and possibly face and talk to all three of my former members....if you go talk to your former best friend..." 
Lumin swallowed, biting his lip and immediately looking away from Yunho's prying eyes. After some time, he sighed softly, and looked back up, nodding in agreement. "I- the best I can do is try." 
The older man held his hand out for a shake, which Lumin tentatively accepted, smiling tightly as he sealed his own fate along with Yunho's
The two finished their meal after that, light chatter, mostly getting to know one another and talking a little about their pasts and things that had shaped them to the way they were in the present. Afterwards, Lumin scribbled the address on a piece of paper, very tiny, being extra cautious of it falling into the wrong hands. Yunho thanked him for that and they made to part ways. The only thing stopping them was Lumin suddenly clearing his throat, staring at the sidewalk and looking all the more like he wanted it to swallow him. "Ah, by the way, Yunho-sshi?" he waited for the older man to turn around, scuffing a shoe. "He's not just my former best friend....we were much closer than that." he muttered, ducking his head. 
Yunho reached forward, his turn to pat the other on the shoulder. "I kind of got that impression, honestly, but maybe we both really need this then. I hope things work out for you in the end, eiher way." he smiled. 
Lumin nodded, smiling shyly. "Yeah, I hope you're right. Honestly, I do." and with that, the two parted their ways and Yunho headed back home, bracing himself for a no-doubt agonizing conversation with his maknae...