License to Love

Breath of Love

Junsu stares, and Yunho feels like he's frying under that gaze. He just wishes one of them would say something. The two of them didn't used to be like this. They used to tell each other everything.
Yunho clears his throat. "So um-" but Junsu is faster. "You came here to talk to me... You came here; all the way, after years. Can-can I ask why?" It's like he's timid all over again, as if he and Yunho hadn't ever lived together. The tone from the other does funny things to the patterns of Yunho's heartbeat. Realizing that the younger is expecting an answer, staring at him, Yunho fidgets. 
"I wanted to say congratulations? You know, on the comeback." He nods, hands slipping into his pockets; an attempt at nonchalance. Junsu's eyebrows go sky high. "My comeback?" He repeats, doubtful, "All this for... A comeback?" 
The older sighs and runs his hands through his hair as he dispels the air from his cheeks. Junsu senses the nerves and he moves over, gently placing a hand on his former leader's shoulder. "Yunho, it's me. You can talk freely." He smiles, eyes softening. The other visibly relaxes, even if his heart is suddenly doing double-time. He cracks a smile finally, nodding. "Thanks Su, really." 
The singer keeps the smile in place but he turns, gesturing to the living room couch. Taking the hint, Yunho sits and soon Junsu joins him, watching curiously for the signs of his discomfort. 
The time has come. Yunho can feel the knot tightening in his stomach, but he can't avoid the subject any more. The leader clears his throat. "So, Junsu-ah," he starts, the term of endearment widening the younger's smile. "I wanted to see you to tell you that I... Missed you, a lot actually. That sort of got me thinking about our history together and that made me realize," he paused, glancing up at his audience meaningfully, "I don't want us to only have history together and nothing more." Yunho smiled. Junsu, however, looked close to tears again. He nodded enthusiastically to show his understanding and threw his arms around his former leader's neck. "Yun~" he cried affectionately, nuzzling happily. Yunho held his breath then, waiting for him to say more. 
Pulling back, Junsu gave him a watery smile, sniffling. "I missed you too, a lot." Shyly, he took the other's hand. Yunho continued. "I know we never thought like this when we were younger, but don't we kind of owe ourselves the the chance to see? What could have been between us?" It was a rhetorical question, but the singer nodded anyways. "Absolutely." Feeling playful, he nudged Yunho in the side. "But you're lucky you're still hot." Yunho simply grinned at that, nudging back. "Oh yeah? Well who asked you to go from cute to irresistible anyways? Hmm?" He continued to nudge back, which eventually led to a wrestling tickle match between the two. That quickly got the attention of the others in the adjoining room. 
Yoochun was the first to intrude, grinning cheekily. "Ah~ I thought I heard giggling. Was making sure all was okay." He shuffled over and clung to the younger singer. "Yunho, were you bullying my Susu? You poor thing~" he cooed.
Giggling, Junsu looked up and stage whispered. "Pst. Chunnie, I'm not your 'Susu' anymore." He grinned, patting the older's arm as if in sympathy. 
Acting wounded, Yoochun gasped. "Nonsense~ you're always my Susu, boyfriend or not." He stuck his tongue out at Yunho who simply laughed. 
Changmin quirked a brow.  "I'm guessing your talk went well then." He reasoned, to which Yunho coughed and nodded. "Ah, yep." 
The expression on the maknae's face immediately fell, turning into an exasperated one. "Good! You owe me. Do you have any idea how many questions these two fired at me? How much talking I've had to do. Tch." He pouted. Yunho just laughed again, grinning. "You poor thing, you have truly suffered." He got a pillow thrown in response before the youngest stalked off, huffy. Changmin didn't see the look Yoochun threw Jaejoong discreetly. It was time for more of them to talk after all. Yunho wasn't the only one who'd had hidden affections. 
Jaejoong coughs and immediately rummages through the kitchen cabinets. "So," he said loudly. "Who wants dinner?" 
As the others started to rustle around for food, Yunho took out his phone and sent a text out to Lumin, pausing Junsu to take a selca with him for proof. Attaching that, he typed a message: 'Your turn now :P' and hit send.