Bomi

I never told you I love you

{ But I really, really like you }

 

 

Bomi likes her job in the café. She makes pretty, and most importantly, delicious beverages, she gets to see the cute cakes on the display, sometimes she hears a thank you from her customers when they pay and it brightens her day, and when she has nothing to do, she can observe people.

 

By now, the little café has quite a few loyal customers, and on this cold evening on February, Bomi recognizes some of those sweet people. There's this Kim Namjoon, an eccentric fellow with silver hair slicks back, and the reason she knows his name is because he’s after her co-worker (who doesn’t return the feeling). He has a brother (or a close friend) that he calls Himchan Hyung and it’s hard not to notice the man, because a) Namjoon is loud, and b) Himchan is a gorgeous man, pale skin contrasts nicely with the dark hair and the dark eyes.

 

Himchan never comes alone, always with this petite girl with the brown hair, and she’s cute – together they make a beautiful pair, Bomi thinks, but unfortunately for her shipper heart, it seems the two are just friends (Bomi can tell by the way Himchan looks at her that he wishes differently). To her surprise, today Himchan and the girl come hand in hand, and Himchan’s smile is happier, and Bomi beams at them when she greets them. 

 

There in the corner, is this lovely girl with a fair complexion. She has a quiet voice, but she always says please when ordering and she says thank you with a shy smile and she’s just cute Bomi wants to hug her. The Lovely Girl is often with her laptop opens on the table, and once when Bomi cleared up the table next to hers, she saw that Lovely Girl was video-chatting with an equally lovely red-head boy (at least, Bomi thinks he must be lovely, considering he has the same sweet smile and well, Lovely Girl seems to adore him.) Maybe they’re in a long-distance relationship. Bomi wishes them the best.

 

There’s a couple of teenager that Bomi doesn’t think she has ever seen them in the middle of the room, a girl with a ponytail and a boy with a backward snapback – they seem to be studying, with the books scatter on the table.

 

Then there’s another couple that just enter the café… Uh-oh, by the look on their faces, things don’t go too well between them. The boy walks ahead of the girl, lips presses into a thin line, while the girl looks down to the floor behind him. Bomi hopes they’ll be alright (she likes the pair, the boy with the cold face and the girl with the warm smile).

 

Basically, Bomi likes her customers, but there’s one particular customer she likes a little bit more than the others (well, okay, not just a little. She has a major crush on him).

 

“Hey,” the Particular Customer greets her with a cute smile that shows perfect white teeth and Bomi tries to smile back without looking too excited seeing him again. 

 

“Hello, what can I get you today?”

 

“Umm…,” Particular Customer ponders, looking over the menu in front of him. He buttons up his blue shirt up until the last one, but somehow it doesn’t make him looks nerdy – he looks preppy. Bomi is biased. “I’ll have a latte again?” the request comes out more like a question as he scratches the back of his head. “… Oh, and a Red Velvet, please. I’ll have them here.”

 

Bomi nods as she counts the total for Particular Customer’s orders, secretly fluttering inside because he orders another coffee latte, which means Bomi can decorates it special for him, again. She watches until Particular Customer takes his seat, right where Bomi can admire his side profile, before she sighs and turns to make Particular Customer’s drink.

 

Bomi is pouring the milk carefully on Particular Customer’s cup, trying to make a cat’s face (because his smile reminds her of a kitten), when Eunji, her co-worker, peers from behind her shoulder. “It’s for JYP again? Why don’t you write your number instead,” she remarks, shaking her head in an obnoxious manner.

 

“I don’t think that’s appropriate,” Bomi says, cheeks getting warm even though Eunji’s teasing about her crush to Particular Customer is a daily thing.

 

“So does staring at him every time JYP comes,” another voice joins, Seungyoon this time, Eunji’s partner, hoisting his guitar case behind him. They’re performers at the café.

 

Unable to counter back, Bomi waves her hand away, “Just, hush, you two!” The duo throws her an identical -eating grin before walking away to the stage, about to start their live performance.

 

JYP; that’s Particular Customer’s name. Of course it’s not that JYP (the image of him in the infamous see-through pants is forever engraved on Bomi’s mind), but his name is really, Park Jinyoung. He came one day, ordered an Ice Americano to go, and when Bomi asked for his name, he said, “Jinyoung.”

 

Jokingly, Bomi said back, “Park Jinyoung?”

 

Jinyoung lightened up like a Christmas tree, and the Cheshire smile tugged a string on Bomi’s heart. “Yup! Park Jinyoung! JYP!” he added in a whisper, like in those JYP’s songs, and Bomi couldn’t help but to laugh. Since that day, Jinyoung has Bomi’s attention.

 

He often comes alone, sometimes with his friends (and they’re all boys, to Bomi’s luck), sometimes he orders a take away, sometimes he stays. Latte is his favorite drink, Bomi thinks, at least based on the amount of times he orders it. And Bomi always puts 200% effort whenever she decorates it.

 

Normally, she only makes a heart for a coffee latte, but for Jinyoung, she makes a rabbit, a flower, a ‘Good morning!’, a rosetta, but most often a cat, just to makes him smile. She always watches when her co-worker delivers the cup to Jinyoung, waiting for his reaction.

 

But today, instead of smiling, Jinyoung’s lips curved down a little as soon as he sees the cat on his cup of latte. The sad frown stays even after he sips the coffee.

 

Bomi’s still wondering what’s wrong with her coffee latte when Jinyoung stands up, walking to the counter, and Bomi is so sure he’s going to complain about the crooked cat’s ears or about the unpleasant taste of his beverage. But instead of a complaint, what Bomi receives is a question, “Do you dislike me?” Jinyoung asks, wide, worry eyes, staring straight to Bomi.

 

“… Ex-Excuse me?” she stammers.

 

“Did I… Perhaps, did I do something wrong to you?” Jinyoung asks again, leaning over the counter, and Bomi steps back because he’s too close (not really, there’s a big counter between them, but for Bomi’s weak heart, he’s too close).

 

“W-What? Of course not…”

 

“Then, why you never draw a heart on my coffee latte?” he bursts out the question, and Bomi wonders if he’s blushing. “You draw it for other customers, right? I saw it,” Jinyoung adds before Bomi can deny.

 

“… I… W-Well, it’s, because…,” Bomi fidgets in her place, “… A heart is the easiest to make… It’s nothing special, and… And you remind me of a cat… Please don’t be mad! I don’t mean it in a bad way!”

 

Jinyoung appears to be stunned with her answer. “So… you make special drawings… for me?” Carefully, Bomi nods, waiting for Jinyoung to slam his hand on the counter and make a furious exit out of the café. But no, he’s smiling, instead. “… Really? That’s… nice.” He’s fully grinning now, and Bomi doesn’t know what to makes out of it. “Then, can I request for a drawing?”

 

Bomi nods, almost too eager to redeem her mistake. “I’ll try my best! What do you want?”

 

“Your name,” Jinyoung says, and if Bomi wasn’t sure before, she is now. He’s blushing. “… And your number, if that’s not too much.”

 

Bomi’s gears are still working on processing Jinyoung’s words, when Eunji yells from the stage, “Ask her out already, JYP!” ignoring the fact that the café is small enough that every customers inside can hear her.

 

Bomi’s cheeks are burning. So are Jinyoung’s.

 

 

A/N: aaand obviously the next chapter is Eunji/Seungyoon!

Can you maybe guess the other customers?

Thank you for reading! ヽ(*≧ω≦)ノ