Home Sweet Home

FANGirls

      "What the hell happened?!"

      "I'm sorry sir, we split up and the son of a got behind her before she knew what was happening. I staked the bastard, and got her back here as soon as I could."

      "I trust you to go hunting with my daughter because you're supposed to be the best! I'd hate to think you were losing your touch after all these years T.O.P."

      "I take full responsibility sir, this will never happen again."

      "You're right about that."

Voices filtered into the darkness, I could hear my dad and T.O.P. arguing, I hadn't heard my dad yell at T.O.P. like this before, they were usually so close. How the hell was I gonna get myself out of this one. I kept my eyes closed, hoping they would take this argument elsewhere so I could sneak out and see the latest episode of my current drama.

      "Excuse me, Father. I need to check her vitals, if you'll excuse us." It was all I could do not to throw open my eyes and sit up when I heard the beautiful voice of my older sister Dae Cha. I didn't even need to open my eyes to know she was standing almost as tall as my father, with her trademark white lab coat and black pumps. Her hair most likely pulled back in a sleak auburn pony tail, and thin black-rimmed glasses framing her slightly lighter auburn eyes. I was always jealous of her eyes, even though we had the same mother she was lucky enough to inherit her beautiful eyes, while mine were just brown.

      "Very well, Dae Cha. Notify me immediately when she wakes up. We need to have a talk." My father said, his voice growing fainter as he headed towards the door. The wait was killing me, I tried to relax my eyes waiting to hear the sounds of the two mens' shoes rounding the corner and out of earshot.

      "You can open your eyes now Ae, they're gone." Dae said in her monotone voice, I cracked my lids, letting in the blinding white in small doses. The back of my head felt heavy and wet, I rolled onto my side, attempting to take some of the pressure off.

      "Woah, take it easy Ae. You're on alot of pain medication right now, I had to give you acouple staples back there, you have to stay in bed for a few days until it heals enough to remove them." She gently took my arms and attempted to lay me back down, but we both knew there was no way I was going to lay in bed doing nothing for the next few days.

      "Nice try Dae, but I've got dramas to watch, and I have to get out of her before dad gets back, or worse, T.O.P." I pushed past her towards the door. "If father comes back just tell him I wanted to rest in my own room. Thanks abunch! You're my favorite sister!" I called over my shoulder as I headed down the hallway in the opposite direction of my father and T.O.P. I propped myself up on the guard rail that lined the halls of the medical wing, 'Now, how do I get to my room from here again?' I asked myself, turning the corner and looking around for familiar landmarks. It's embarrasing getting lost in your own home, but when it's the size of a small city, equipped with a full medical wing, dance studio, resteraunt, and apartment style housing, its hard not to.

      "Need directions?" A deep voice called from my left. I jumped at the sound and turned to see Taeyang leaning casually against the wall. His dark hair was spiked up in a mohawk, matching his all black leather jacket and pants. He pushed away from the wall and closed the distance between us in two long-legged strides, "You look a little lost princess."

      "Thanks Taeyang, but I think I can find my way to my own room." I lied, pushing past him in a direction I hoped was right. Don't get me wrong, Taeyang was an attractive man. The whole dark clothes, hair, and eyes thing really worked for him, not to mention how obviously muscular he is. His only downside was his uncontrolable playboy nature. He and my oldest sister, Mae Cha, had been a couple for all of one month before she realized that he was cheating on her (surprise, surprise!). Ever since he's been completely off limits unless you want to get on Mae's bad side, which you definetly don't.

      "Then I guess you won't mind if I tag along, will you?" Taeyang said through a lopsided grin as he shortened his steps to walk in rhythm beside me. A witty retort formed on my tongue but the dull throbbing in the back of my head had increased to a pounding, so I kept my mouth shut and continued on in stoic silence.

      After what felt like an hour of turns and hallways we had made it out of the medical wing and across the courtyard to the apartments. I closed my eyes and turned my face up to the sky, the warm sun on my face always reminded me of the days I used to spend with my mother in America. Whenever my father was away on business, she would fly my sisters and I to her parent's home in Alabama. They lived in a small one-story house with dozens of acres of farmland, where it was always warm and sunny. The world of vampires and my father's business was miles away, all I thought about then was climbing trees with my sisters and making sweet tea with my halmeoni. That was all before my mom passed away 8 years ago, I was only 10, Dae was 12 and Mae was 16. Ever since we've been living with our father and his trainees in Seoul, focusing only on hunting and business.

      "Earth to Ae! Hello?" Taeyang called, waving his hands in front of my vacant face. I turned my head away from the warmth and shoved all thoughts of my mother back in the drawer in my mind where I kept them hidden. "What was that about? Is it your head? Should I take you back to the infirmary?" His brows were knit together with what appeared to be genuine concern, for a second I saw the man my sister had fallen for. I turned away, heading swiftly towards the front door, 'I must have hit my head harder than I thought'.

      Another perk to having a crazy rich father, I get a pretty sweet house. My appartment is on the fifth floor, right above Dae's, it has a bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, and livingroom, or as I call it, drama room. My 80 inch plasma tv is mounted on the wall above a sea of pillows and bean bags, which is where I pretty much live. I flopped down on my favorite bean chair, which I immediately regreted thanks to the pounding in the back of my head.

      Naega jeil jal naga. Naega Jeil jal naga. My phone sang from the back pocket of the dirty jeans I had been wearing since last night.

      "Hello?" I groaned into the speaker as I attempted to stand up and make my way to the bathroom.

      "Ae!? Girl where have you been? You haven't answered any of my calls or messages since last night! I've been worried sick!" I relaxed my shoulders and smiled into the speaker at the familiar voice of my best friend CL. She'd been working for my father since we were both 13, we both hated vampire hunting and found joy only in cheesy dramas and good food. Naturally we were fast friends.

      "Sorry C, I screwed up last night and got hit upside the head by a bloodsucker on T.O.P's watch. My dad's pretty pissed, I'm currently hiding out in my room."

     "Woah, woah! Slow down babe! You got hit by a vampire? In the head!? Are you okay? What happened? You aren't usually so careless." I could hear in her voice that she was a word away from heading over right then, which would't be that hard considering she lived 3 floors down.

     What she said got my thinking. How had that vampire gotten the jump on me? I remembered seeing the figure of a man, I assumed it was T.O.P. Now that I thought about it though, the figure was slim and tall, unlike my sulky companion who was thick and muscular. But...how could he have hit me over the head if he was still in front of me?

     "! C, I gotta go. I'll call you back as soon as I can." I yelled into my phone, already pulling it away from my face and hanging up before she could reply. I quickly dialed T.O.P's personal cell and hurried into my bathroom. As I waited for him to answer I started the water running in my shower and gently pulled my shirt up and over my tender head.

     "Hello? Ae Cha?" A muffled voice called from the phone in my hand, I wrenched my self free of the shirt and pressed the phone to my ear. "T.O.P.? It's me, listen I need to know something, how many vampires did you kill last night after I got knocked out?"

     "Why is this so important you had to call me from the infirmary?" he questioned, his voice seemed less angry than usual, he must have been really worried about me, poor guy.

     "Yeah, I'm definetly still in the infirmary. Anyway just answer the question!"

     "One! Ae Cha, there was only one vampire standing over you when I got there. Now are you going to tell me what's wrong?"  My blood ran cold, if T.O.P. only killed one, then the tall man I had been distracted by must have gotten away.

     "I think there was someone else there that night." My voice echoed in the bathroom as I waited for him to realize what I had said, someone, a vampire, had seen our faces and gotten away.

      "You and I need to talk with your father, now. I'll be at the infirmary in a minute." The call ended before I could reveal where I really was. 'Oh well,' I thought, 'he'll figure it out eventually'. I stepped out of my dirty graveyard clothes and gratefully stepped into the hot water.