Hoped

Attempt For Fidelity

 

 

HOPED

 

 Kyungsoo was left alone in the kitchen. He looked at the plate Jongin left. There was still a piece of toast and half of the omelette was uneaten. He glanced back at his plate and realized that he didn’t even touch his omelette. With a sigh, he stood up and started stacking the plates to wash.

So much for breakfast.

After drying the washed plates, he almost bumped into a running Jongin when he went to the door.

“Where are you going?” Kyungsoo asked while looking at Jongin from head to toe. By the way he dressed, he was sure that the younger was meeting someone important.

“I’m going to meet a friend.” is the other’s short reply and before Kyungsoo could say anything else, Jongin was out of the house.

“Take care…” Kyungsoo whispered as he glance at the place Jongin was standing at before he left.

--

Jongin saw Sehun immediately at the far corner of the café. He was wearing the blue shirt that Jongin gave him on his birthday. He always looks good in blue, Jongin thought to himself when he bought that for him. Sehun was kind of distracted that is why he didn’t notice that Jongin already arrive. A poke on his cheek made him jump a little making him get back to his senses.

“Hey…” Jongin greeted as he kissed Sehun’s forehead, “Good Morning!”

“Good morning to you too, Jongin-ah.” Sehun greets back as his cheeks stained pink.

“Aww, you look so cute when you blush!” Jongin exclaimed as he reached for Sehun’s cheek to pinch.

“Yah! Quit it! You’re embarrassing me!” Sehun says as he smacks Jongin’s hand away playfully.

“Well it’s all worth it though… let’s have breakfast! I’ll pay.” Jongin said while looking at the menu.

“Sure, you know I love freebies…” Sehun replied with a giggle.

“You know what, I’m starting to think that you like me because of my money…” Jongin said with a pout.

“Aww, don’t you look adorable!” it was Sehun’s turn now to tease. He was always entertained by Jongin’s childish antics.

“You’re lucky that I love you…”

“I know I am.” Sehun answered and reached for Jongin’s hand to touch. They shared a loving smile then ordered their breakfast.

--

After taking a shower, Kyungsoo went to the living room and saw a pile of wedding gifts at the corner of the centre table. Maybe his parents had them delivered while they are still asleep. With nothing else to do, he decided to start opening them. There are plates, glasses, kitchen tools, rice cookers, blenders, figurines and other home decors.  After opening the smaller boxes, he went on with opening the big ones. He received a washing machine, a grandfather clock (wow), a water dispenser, stereo set and a vacuum cleaner! Kyungsoo was laughing as he saw a box containing detergents and floor polish. They are weird for being wedding gifts but he is still very thankful because he didn’t have to buy a lot of things anymore.

There was a box at the left corner that was still unopened so he reached for it and read the card attached to it.

 

Kyungie,

            Congratulations! Aww… our baby is all grown-up now! I know that you will be busy ahem-cuddling-ahem with your hubby but please do visit soon! You know how much we love you right? Best wishes!

From:

Yeol, Baek and Myunnie =)

 

Kyungsoo felt a lot better after reading the message. Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Junmyeon are his best friends and he considers them as his second family. He felt sad that he didn’t have the time to talk to them during the reception. He makes sure to visit them this week. He slowly opened the gift his friends gave him and a wide smile reached his face.

They are painting materials.

Kyungsoo is a good painter. The paintings displayed around the house are some of his masterpiece. He didn’t sell any of his pieces because it is only a hobby and he enjoys looking at them.

After opening all the gifts, he started to put them in their proper place. He had a hard time moving the washing machine towards the laundry area and moving the grandfather clock near the stairs but other than that, everything was easy.

When he’s done, he took the painting materials and went back to his bedroom. If he is going to have his own room, might as well put something on its bare walls to make it more refreshing.

He opens the paint cans of blue, yellow, red and green. He looks at the white walls and let his imagination do its magic.

Then, he paints.

--

It’s already ten in the evening and Jongin was still out. Kyungsoo started to fidget in his seat because of worry. He doesn’t have any clue on where Jongin might be and he also doesn’t have the younger’s number so he couldn’t call him.

After another hour has passed, Kyungsoo is already half-asleep when the front door opened.

“Jongin?” Kyungsoo called out as he rubbed the sleep off his eyes.

“You’re still up.”

“Are you hungry? I made din—“

“I already ate.”

“Oh.”

“Go to your room and sleep.” Jongin said and walked pass Kyungsoo to go to his own room.

“Good night…” Kyungsoo said with a soft voice as Jongin shuts his door.

--

That same night, Kyungsoo finds himself staring at the ceiling. He didn’t know what to say for himself. Tomorrow is his day back to work so he should be resting but he knows that it will be impossible because there are a lot of things going on his head.

He likes Jongin the moment he laid his eyes on him but it is very clear the other doesn’t feel the same. Kyungsoo knows that he didn’t look anything special; actually he gets bullied a lot because of his short size and unusually large eyes. Maybe Jongin saw him the same as how the others do. But still, he wanted to make Jongin happy. He didn’t want Jongin to regret marrying him.

Because Kyungsoo is very certain that he doesn’t regret anything at all.

 

--

 

KaGeRu’s Note:

This will be my first update after a lonf time and also the LAST for the time being. I wanted to apologize for the long long wait but things happened do yeah. If you wanted to know more about my hiatus, just check my blog: I Need A Break (For the meantime).

 

Until Next time!