Pained

Attempt For Fidelity

 

 

PAINED

 

--

 

After the reception, Jongin and Kyungsoo went to their new house. Kyungsoo’s parents are the one who bought it as a wedding present. It’s not as big as his house but it is still too much for just the two of them.

When they are finally inside, Jongin saw a lot of paintings hanging in the wall. They look amazing and costly. The living room was comfy with a large red couch, a glass mini table with a bowl of crystal pebbles on top and a flat screen TV with a DVD set and stereos on the sides.

“So…” Kyungsoo cut’s the silence and made Jongin turned his attention on him.

“Hi, my name is Do Kyu—, er, K-Kim Kyungsoo I suppose…” he started awkwardly.

“I’m Jongin.” Jongin replied monotonously.

“Uh… Hello? D-Do you want to eat? I-I can coo—“

“We ate at the reception already.”

“O-Oh right! Uh, what abou—“

“I’m tired Kyungsoo, that’s your name right? Can we just sleep?” Jongin cuts him off and started walking towards the bedroom.

“O-Oh! Of course! W-we should…” Kyungsoo lets out a sigh when he realized Jongin was already out of sight.

Kyungsoo is not an idiot. He can clearly see that Jongin is not interested in him and he expected it already. Unlike Jongin, when Kyungsoo’s parents already told him that he will be married after his graduation in high school, Kyungsoo promised himself that he will make his partner happy. He never dated anyone before and promised to give everything he can to his future husband. He was excited because of the idea of spending forever with someone and all the romantic clichés he read on books.

When he saw Jongin for the first time in the wedding, he knows that he made the right choice. He was everything that Kyungsoo imagined; Tall, dark and handsome. Just staring at him for more than a few seconds made him blush.

Maybe right now is not the time to talk to him about their future plans; as Jongin had said earlier that he was already tired, so maybe tomorrow he’ll be able to listen to Kyungsoo. It’s been a long day and he too needs some rest.

He walks towards the bedroom and saw Jongin already sprawled in bed but still awake. Kyungsoo took out fresh clothes from the closet and went to the bathroom to have a quick shower. When he was done, he slowly strode towards the bed and crawled under the covers. Tucked in place, Kyungsoo lets out a soft sigh. Jongin shifted and turned so now they are face to face. Kyungsoo blushed when he thought that Jongin will say something nice to him but then again he was proven wrong.

“I don’t have feelings for you.” Jongin stated straight to the point.

“I—“

“I only agreed to this marriage because my dad says so.  Let’s cut the crap; tomorrow, I will move to the room across this one and you can use this room for yourself. Don’t expect anything from me because I don’t expect anything from you either. I’m saying this right now because I don’t want any hard feelings later. You can hate me if you want, I don’t really care.” Jongin says and turned around so now his back is the one facing Kyungsoo.

“I will not h-hate you… I understand…”

“Better then.” Jongin replied.

“J-Just let me serve you… we are still married so I think that we should be seen as the couple we are supposed to be…” Kyungsoo wanted to sound reasonable even though inside he was screaming ‘please give me a chance!’.

“Do what you want.”

Kyungsoo didn’t answer anymore and Jongin didn’t mind. Jongin light breathing indicated that he already fell asleep so Kyungsoo used this opportunity to move his stuff to the room across. If this is what Jongin wants then who is he to say no? He was the one who arranged the furniture’s in the masters bedroom for his ‘husband’ so he thinks that Jongin is the right one to keep it, he will be the one moving out.

He doesn’t feel sleepy anymore anyway.

Just… hurt.

 

--

 

Jongin woke up at around 7:25 in the morning. He wanted to move his things early so that he will have nothing to do in the afternoon. Maybe he’ll ask Sehun out for bubble tea later. He looks at the space next to him where his ‘husband’ is supposed to be and found it empty. He just shrugged and went straight to the bathroom to freshen up.

When he opened the closet after his shower, only his clothes are inside whilst last night he was sure that he saw Kyungsoo’s stuff in it too. Already dressed up, he moved towards the kitchen and saw that Kyungsoo is already preparing breakfast.

“Good morning.” He greets when he saw Jongin standing near the doorway.

“Where are your clothes?” he asked as he pulled a chair. Kyungsoo’s attention is already turned back to the buttered toast.

“I already moved them to the other room last night so don’t bother moving your stuffs anywhere, the master bedroom is yours.” He replied as he placed the buttered toast on the table.

“Okay…” Jongin said as he stood up and moved towards the cupboard to make coffee.

“Coffee?”

“Yes, please.”

They eat breakfast in silence. Jongin was busy munching his toast when his phone rang. He was glad he brought it with him so he won’t have to climb back the stars to retrieve it. He checks the caller id.

It’s Sehun.

He immediately got up and didn’t bother finishing his breakfast. He told Kyungsoo he was already full and stood up to go to his room. All Kyungsoo heard before he was out of sight is a soft but gentle ‘hello?’.

 

--