01 : It Hurts

Sinless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Seyoon!"

 

Luhan ran throughout the extent of the trees and found no one answering his call.  A slight rock of panic made his stomach sink to his feet as he stopped and saw a drop of blood on a white tree branch.  Horror flooded his eyes as his heartrate raced. He immediately looked up and whirled around frantically.

 

"Seyoon!  Where are you?" he shouted, his voice rising in pitch.  "Seyoon!"

 

He stopped in his tracks as he heard a quiet cry.

 

"L-Luhan!"

 

Luhan knew exactly where he was.  He took a deep breath and closed his eyes.  He forced his panicked mind to concentrate.  The ground beneath his feet began to tremble as he envisioned Seyoon.  

 

The next moment, Luhan disappeared from view.

 

He appeared moments later, in front of Seyoon at the bottom of a hill.  He stared down at the poor child, his eyes widening at the deep gash in his leg.  He knelt down and touched Seyoon's skin slightly with his fingertips before pulling back in shock.  Pain seared Luhan's arm as he recoiled, clutching his trembling hand.  He looked down to see that his skin was burnt before it healed instantly, leaving no scar.

 

"Luhan. . ." Seyoon whimpered.  "It. . .it hurts!"  Tears streamed down his wet cheeks.

 

"I know," Luhan said quietly as he sighed.  "What did you do?"

 

The poor boy cried.  "I didn't do anything bad!  I swear!  I was just playing with Jongin when I fell."

 

"Where's Jongin?  Is he hurt?"

 

Seyoon shook his head.  "He went to get help."

 

Luhan sighed again shakily as he glanced at the boy's wound.  It was bleeding badly.  He hurriedly ripped part of his glowing, white tunic and pressed it gently against the wound.  Seyoon watched him, his eyes wide.  "You'll be okay, Seyoon."

 

"Th-thank you," the boy whispered.  His eyes then sparkled with wonder.  "H-how did you get here so fast?"  

 

"I have my ways," Luhan said with a light laugh.  

 

Shouts were heard at the top of the hill, causing the both of them to look up and see Seyoon's father and mother, the king and queen, rush down to them with Jongin close behind.  Seyoon's mother looked extremely distraught, tears already falling from seeing her son's pain from afar.  His father's eyes expressed worry as he knelt down next to Seyoon.

 

"Oh, Seyoon, what did you do?" his mother cried.

 

Luhan looked up and met gazes with Seyoon's father, who nodded.  Luhan took a deep breath before removing the cloth.  The bleeding had stopped, but the cut was still deep into Seyoon's shin.  

 

"Jongin," Luhan said, staring at the severity of the wound.  "You should go home."

 

Jongin's eyes were filled with tears.  "B-but Seyoon. . ."

 

Luhan's cold gaze softened.  "He'll be fine."  He always had a soft spot for children, especially for Seyoon and Jongin.  "I don't want you to see this."

 

The boy hung his head as he reluctantly made his way back up the hill.  Seyoon watched his friend leave slowly, and then glanced at Luhan, who went back to staring at the wound.

 

"Please heal him," Seyoon's mother sobbed.  

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter