#9 Like (Ab)Normal Couple

Living With the Love of My Life

A day before Valentine day. Junhee was searching on internet, tips for fun and memorable date, it said. Junhee read them one by one carefully, thinking after reading one tip, pouting and shaking her head when she found it didn’t suit her. Why does it have to be pink, red, and chocolates? She groaned. Frustated, she closed the web window, then went to her closet and opened it. She hummed random tone while looking at her dresses that hung there. She didn’t have pink one. She hated pink. She remembered her wearing soft pink dress when Yifan came to her house with his parents. That time Baekhee deceived her saying it was salmon colored, not pink.

 

She huffed, looked more frustated and sat on her bed, staring at her opened closet. Just when she was thinking to buy new clothes or not, someone knocked on her door. “Yes, come in” she said.

 

It needed a few seconds for the door to open revealing her mother. “What is my baby doing?” she half-greeted half-asked, looking at her daughter’s dressess laid on the bed. “Why are your dresses here, Jun?”

 

She looked at her mother with her puppy eyes. “Which one should I wear, Mom?” she asked desperately. “I don’t own any pink one for valentine”

 

“You and Yifan will have valentine date?”

 

“I think so, and that’s tomorrow” she sat down beside her mother that finally sat after found some space on her bed. “I won’t give him chocolate, he told me he doesn’t have sweet tooth”

 

Her mother smiled widely, seeing her only daughter getting panicked for not having pink for valentine date made her happy beyond words. After years being away from her daughter, she didn’t really know about Junhee’s love life. Junhee hadn’t told her much about that, and she felt sorry for that. “You don’t have to go mainstream, though, sweetheart. Just wear what makes you feel comfortable” she got up, starting to spruce up her daughter's clothes then put them back in the closet. “Should we go shopping for some pink things in your closet?”

 

“Nonono,” she rejected almost a second right after her mother done asking. “I don’t think I have enough time. Thank you for asking, Mom. Maybe I can just prepare something else”

 

Her mother patted her back twice fondingly. “Okay. I’ll be downstairs if you need anything”

 

Junhee smiled at her mother and started looking at web page on her phone again. “Whoo, what should I dooooooo???”

 

 

“Alright. Please contact me if anything change your mind” Yifan sat down with hand busy writing something and a headset in his left ear. “Thank you”

 

He heard a knock and hummed a bit loud to give sign the person to come in. His secretary came in with a folder, asking fot his sign and told him his agenda. “So how’s my schedule for after lunch?”

 

“You have a meeting with the interior designer about our hotel’s lobby remodelling and a promise to pick up Mr. Park Chanyeol at the airport after that. The plane will land about at four fifty” the male secretary looked at Yifan who was busy typing something on his phone. “That’s all your schedule after lunch, Sir”

 

“Okay, thank you, Wonshik” he said. “You can have your lunch now, although it’s only fifteen minutes early” Kim Wonshik, the secretary, smiled and bowed showing his gratitude. “Oh, will you please pick my cousin up? I have a promise, honestly” Yifan erased that smile with that sentence.

 

“Will do, Sir”

 

After the secretary made his exit, he went back to his computer reading some data to evaluate  project until his vision reached the bottom right corner. “Oh no!” he sweared when he spotted the date of that day. He opened his journal, finding his schedule was going to be packed the next day. He groaned. He forgot about his promise taking Junhee to a valentine date! He scanned his schedule again while thinking which work he could do fast. He had to do at least half of next day’s work to be able to go home early and go on a date with pretty Junhee.

 

 

Valentine day. Junhee was busy in front of the refrigerator while Baekhee was busy stuffing with strawberries coated in chocolate. “And why am I the only one single today? Oh my, I can’t believe you, Kim Junhee, going on a date”

 

“Me neither,” Junhee chuckled. “and to answer your question, maybe you should start seeing someone”

 

“I’m afraid you’ll be jealous” both of them laughed. Baekhee looked at the ingredients Junhee put on the table then asked “Korean dish? Not pasta or steak?”

 

“He likes Korean dishes, especially home-made meals” Junhee started washing the veggies. “He liked the kimbab I brought for him last time and ate well what I cooked for dinner that day”

 

Baekhee nodded. “Junnie, don’t you feel that both of you get closer and even more comfortable with each other? I even think that it is too fast”

 

“Isn’t that good?”

 

“But I’m jealous. I’m not the only one who speak on the phone all night with sweet Junnie now” Baekhee pouted. “I really need to date someone and take revenge to you”

 

Junhee let out her hearty laugh. “You know that I was forced, right? At first, I really wished that it wouldn’t work out between us. Now, I just hope that I won’t regret anything so I try my best” she looked at Baekhee with puppy eyes. “So, can you please help me with my outfit?”

 

“Oh my,” Baekhee sighed in disbelief. “Why am I still single?”

 

 

“Yes, Ma. I’ve had my lunch so now would you please hang this call up because I really need today’s date” Yifan said while rummaging around his files and eyed his lunch, a sandwich and a cup of iced coffee. His phone was on speaker.

 

How many work have you done? Actually I’m caling you not for reminding your lunch” Yifan took a glance at two and half towers of files, about half of the work he should do if he wanted to leave early. “Your father isn’t in best condition to meet the client or the investor or whatever it’s called, I don’t care, and he told me to tell you to go. An hour and a half from now, your father has directed them to your meeting room. Is it clear enough? Okay then, see you, Son”

 

The line was cut like that, leaving dumbfounded Yifan. So what time would he be able to leave?

 

 

Junhee glanced at her phone. It didn’t blink nor show any notifications. She turned the novel page she was reading then looked out of her car window, waiting for Yifan to show up. She’d been waiting for two hours. She was inside her car in parking area near Banpo Bridge. The famous bridge fountain was so beautiful, she could see it from her spot. She really hope Yifan would show up faster so they could eat the dinner she had prepared in the park. The park was crowded, mostly couples who went for a date at valentine night.

 

It was dinner time and yet still no ring from Wu Yifan. Worried and pissed off. Should she ring him? What if he was busy doing his work? Her mother alrealdy told her consequences she would face if she dated a man who had established career. He might be busy with his works so she had to be able to understand and not to be selfish.

 

She the radio and since it was valentine night, it was full of romantic songs and love confession. Junhee let out her giggle when she listen to a too cheesy love confession and aawwed at marriage proposal that were aired. She checked her phone and saw Baekhee updated her twitter. She uploaded a picture of a table with candle and dinner. Junhee smiled, glad that her bestfriend able to go to her parents house and celebrate valentine night with them. Well, valentine not only means for couple, right?

 

She was about to DM Baekhee when she heard knocks on her car window. She looked up and said “My goodness...”

 

 

Yifan hurriedly came into the car right after Junhee opened the door. His coat was slightly wet because of snow. “Uh, hi” he said nervously, preparing for the worst, upset Junhee and angry Junhee. “I’m really sorry, I had an unexpected meeting and that was unexpectedly took longer time that other meetings”

 

“Would you mind taking off your coat?” Junhee asked without looking at him. Yifan winced at the flat tone she used. “It’s wet. I don’t want you get sick” she continued.

 

“it’s okay, it’s not that wet, I still can manage”

 

“Take. It. Off. Please” Junhee repeted in strict and final tone. Yifan gulped hard and complied. “Is your shirt wet?”

 

Yifan checked his back and smiled. “No, it’s okay” and then a funny sound was heard and Yifan got blushed so hard. “Uhm, sorry. That was me and it complained because I only had half of my normal lunch portion”

 

“My goodness,” she shocked then reached for something from the backseat. “Here, let’s have dinner” she handed him two food boxes.

 

“You prepared this much but I didn’t” Yifan said guiltyly, but his hands are busy opening the box and started eating. “Aish, I should have bought some flowers or something for you”

 

Junhee let out and understanding smile. “Why didn’t I hear you coming?”

 

“I took subway” Yifan said after he swallowed his food. “The traffic was really bad. You should eat with me, come on, say aaah” Yifan intended to feed her and smiled widely when she ate it. “Homemade meals are the best” he gave Junhee two thumbs up. Junhee smiled.

 

 

Next day, Junhee and Baekhee sat together in the cafe while doing their assignments. “Junhee! You tell me or I’ll ignore you” Baekhee threated Junhee who was calmly sitting beside her, busy typing her assignments. “Fine! Do as you please. Don’t come to me if you find any trouble”

 

Junhee stopped only to find Baekhee sulking and she found it funny. “What should I tell you? We date like other couples, Baekkie. We ate dinner, chatted, watched a film and went for a drive until midnight. That was it”

 

“No, that’s not normal” Baekhee exclaimed. “You did all of those inside your car, right?”

 

“Ding dong dang”

 

“How could both of you do that? It was a valentine date” Baekhee couldn’t believe Junhee spent her valentine date like that.

 

“At first it was boring. It’s like we always meet in the meal times, we only eat and chat when me meet” Junhee explained. “Until I realized that I date a passionate man that have established career and big ambission”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Like what you said times ago, Baekkie,” Junhee smiled, made Baekhee felt lighter. “I’m trying to understand and to adapt with everything about him. Maybe I can’t accept every aspect but I can’t let my ego take control, right. And I can’t be more proud when he told me that his hotel was chosen as the place where the coming International Leadership Conference will be held”

 

Baekhee smiled and reached for both of Junhee’s hand. She felt proud of Junhee. She did more than everyone expected. They exceeded everyone’s hope. “Yeah, you do great, girl” Baekhee let go of her hands and sipped her latte. “I need to pee”

 

“Ugh, you don’t need to explain that clearly” Junhee groaned but Baekhee ran too fast to hear that. Junhee shook her head amused by her antics and got back to her assignment. She had done half of the assignment when she realized it was time to text Yifan. She was thinking what should she send when Baekhee’s phone beeped once, the screen showing a message

 

From : Ugly Yoda

Hi, love. I miss you :-*

Can’t wait for you tonight

 

Junhee gasped hard. She was beyond shocked.

 

“Junnie, why? Are you okay?”

 

Junhee looked at Baekhee sharply. “Are you meeting someone behind my back?”

 

Baekhee widened her eyes. “Junhee, that’s umm.... I can explain”

 

“Tell. Me. Now!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I know I hadn't posted anything like forever, *sigh* it is because I couldn't spare time to write. I just hope this chappie won't upset you