Represent

Being Yours
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

You returned back to class for the next lesson. Daehyun was sitting on his seat, sipping his milk. You awkwardly ambled past him.

"How are you feeling?"

You blinked and turned towards him, "Huh?"

"You seem down. You don't talk much either."

*He noticed.* You sat on your seat and assured him, "I'm okay."

Before he could say anything, the homeroom teacher came in at this point. You were puzzled, well knowing that it was science class instead of history now. Your classmates were confused as well, but they quickly returned to their seats.

"I'm only here for a short awhile. I have an announcement to make." Your homeroom teacher said.

"Everyone knows that Minki, our class president, is involved as a member of our school council. However, Minki is busy with his family matters recently, so I'll have to choose someone else to represent the class. Is there anyone interested in taking over?"

Being a member of the school council was an honour. You get to partake in making important decisions and organise school events. 

Meanwhile, Daehyun drank his milk calmly. He was sure he wouldn't get selected-

"I recommend Daehyun as a candidate."

"OI!" Daehyun snapped, jumping off his seat. "Please continue, Dongho." The teacher persuaded.

"Daehyun was the one who suggested the polaroid idea for our class, so I feel that he's quite innovative. Also, he recently placed second in cohort for Math. He's well-rounded in his other subjects as well. If he becomes a member of the student council, I'm sure he can juggle his studies and student duties well."

His explanation made sense, and you found yourself agreeing with him. 

The teacher seemed to be convinced. "I see... I think that's great! What do you say, Daehyun?" 

He was furrowing his eyebrows, unsure of their words. His classmates flashed him encouraging glances. Burdened by their expectations, he then turned to you. "What do you think?"

You stiffened. Was Daehyun actually asking you for advice?

Everyone had their eyes on you. "Uh, well..." You started, trying to think of the right words. "I think this will be a great experience for you. You'll make new friends as well. Friends... that's what you wanted, right?"

"I already have you as a friend."

You laughed softly, "I'm sure you would want to meet more people."

Daehyun turned to the front, showing his blur face to the teacher. "Uh... I-"

"I feel that you should experience being a member of the council first. If you think it's not for you, I can ask someone else to replace you. Don't worry about it. Also, the meetings will be held on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and the first meeting you will be attending starts today."

"It starts at 4pm, so don't be late."

It was settled just like that. The homeroom teacher left and your science teacher now entered the class.

"Daehyun, the meeting is on Tuesday... it clashes with our tutoring session. " You reminded. He seemed surprised, suddenly remembering about the tutoring session.

"We have after-school classes on Monday. So that leaves Wednesday and Friday." You suggested.

"I'm not free on both days." He replied.

You grew distressed, not knowing what to say. Daehyun noticed your uneasy expression and quickly addressed the problem.

"I'll think of something." He told you.

 

After school, he left for the council room immediately.

The students all looked up when he entered. Da

Please log in to read the full chapter