LUV

Pain

When I went out from the pub, my tears immediately ran out from my eyes. Cool breeze fanned my face, making the feeling of tears on my face to become more obvious. I looked back into the pub, made sure that Minhyuk did not follow me out. I then slowly walked away from the pub, aimlessly.

 

I must looked werid. My hair was a bit disheveled. Tear stains stayed on my face. My jacket was not with me, probably left in the pub. I was wearing a sleeveless T-shirt only. I felt a bit cold because of the breeze flowing throw so I gently rubbed my arms with my hands. I kept walking slowly and aimlessly. I didn't know where I should go.

 

Then suddenly I felt warm, because a suit coat suddenly appeared and covered my body. I looked back to see who was puuting the suit coat on me. I saw Woohyun looking at me with a worried face.

 

"Why are you here? You should stay at home!" I was surprised to see Woohyun here all of a sudden.

 

"I was just worried about you."

 

Seeing Woohyun's caring expression, my tears ran out again. He gently shed away my tears with his finger. I just cried without saying anything, and he didn't ask me why I cried. Watching me can't stop crying, Woohyun hugged me and touched my head gently to comfort me. He just let my tears dropped on his white suit.

 

I cried for quite a long time I thought. When I stopped crying, Woohyun brought me towards his car and motioned for me to sit inside.

 

"Why are you driving out yourself? Why don't you ask your driver to do that? You shouldn't drive by yourself! Let me be the driver then."

 

I went towards the driver's seat, but then Woohyun stopped me and forced me to take the passenger seat.

 

"It's okay. My condition now is not so serious that I can't even drive a car. Still more, you have drank alcohol right? You should not be driving then." Woohyun said as he took the driver's seat.

 

I had nothing to refute his argument. We both fastened out seatbelt and Woohyun started driving. During the drive, both of us are speechless. The car was filled with silence, and none of us was going to break it.

 

When the car reached my home, I untied the seatbelt and was going to open the car door, but my action was stopped as Woohyun called my name.

 

"Chorong ah," Woohyun slightly held my arm before I open the car door. "There is no need for you to force yourself to marry me."

 

My heart skipped a beat when I heard what he said. I hadn't turn my face to Woohyun yet because I didn't know what he was going to say.

 

Seeing me didn't give any reply, Woohyun continued, "I know that my mother tried to persuade you to marry me because of my illness that may not let me live long. She knows that we two have been best friends since we were both young, and she knew that I loved you for a long time, so she wants you to marry me in order to finish my biggest wish in my life. Of course I know you are not actually loving me. You like me only in the way of friendship, and you don't want me to have any regret before I leave. That's why you promised my mother and agreed to marry me."

 

Before Woohyun finished his words, my tears had already come out again. I still didn't turn my face to Woohyun, because I didn't know how I should face him.

 

"Chorong ah, it's meaningless for you to marry me just to satisfy me and my mother, not saying that I had to leave soon. You don't need to force yourself to marry me just because you want to fulfill my last and biggest wish in my life. You have the right to find your own love."

 

"Woohyun ah..." I finally turned my tearful face toward Woohyun, still not knowing what to say.

 

I cried because Woohyun knew everything.

 

I cried because Woohyun can see my actual feeling, making me feel more sorry for him.

 

I cried because Woohyun was just... too nice and generous. He deserved a much better girl who loved and cared him completely, but there was just too less time for him.

 

"No need to feel sorry for me," Woohyun said as he grinned and shed my tears gently. "You can still stay with me till the end by being my best friend instead of my wife. Actually I should be the one who feel sorry because I make you cry like this."

 

"Thank you, Woohyun ah." I smiled finally. I should be happy that I had such a good friend like Woohyun. I gave him a kiss on his cheek, to thank him for his understanding.

 

"Yah Park Chorong! Don't do that again or I won't let you go so easily!" Woohyun touched his cheek where I kissed on and said in a joking way.

 

Then both of us smiled.

 

Woohyun ah, we would be best friends forever.

 

Best, and forever.