Truth

Pain

I decided to go with Chorong to meet that guy called Lee Minhyuk. It was because I thought it would be better for me to be present and explained everything to him, instead of letting Chorong to explain by herself. Moreover, I was a bit curious. I just wondered why this guy can be so influential to Chorong and made her cried like this. Even though I had been her best friend since we were young, I seldom saw her with such a painful expression before.

 

When we arrived at the pub, Chorong stopped and hesitated when she put her hand on the door. I slightly pat her shoulder to comfort her. She looked at me, with her eyes filled with nervous and fear. I stared at her eyes and nodded to give her a bit confidence. She then nodded at me as reply, and opened the door.

 

Actually, this was the first time for me to enter a pub. My family education was strict and my parents didn't let me go to these places, not saying that I was a patient now. They would surely not let me go to these, well they called dirty places. In fact, this time I came with Chorong without telling my parents because I didn't want them to be over-worried about me. I was confident that I could take care of myself.

 

The pub was just a bit noisier and more crowded than my expectation. The music there was loud. All people here were so hyper that they danced with large movements. Chorong held my arms to prevent me from getting lost. When she saw something, she was frozen.

 

"That's unfair, Minhyuk oppa! Why did you kiss her but not me?" A girl with heavy make-up and y dressing was holding a guy with a good-looking face. The guy's face was a bit red, probably a bit drunk. He was surrounded by a few girls. One of the girls was holding shaking his arm, trying to act cute.

 

"Fine lovely girl, here you are!" Minhyuk smiled and then kissed that girl on her cheek. The girl then blushed and smiled shyly.

 

"Minhyuk oppa! How about me?" Another girl besides her lashed her arms around Minhyuk's neck, acting as if she was not satisfied for not getting Minhyuk's attention.

 

"Don't be angry, girls. All of you are so lovely and beautiful. All of you will be rewarded with my kiss!" Minhyuk said and he laughed. When he turned his eyes around the group of girls, he discovered that someone was staring at him. Then he turned his face towards us and realised us.

 

Minhyuk slowly walked towards us and stared at us carefully. Then he broke into a smile.

 

"Oh my God! Long time no see, Chorong ah! Is this your future husband Nam Woohyun? He looked like...idiot! Haha! Cheap woman and idiot, what a perfect match!"

 

"Yah Lee Minhyuk! Don't be that rude!" Chorong said with a sobbing voice. She must be keeping back her tears.

 

"I think I have already been using a nice voice towards a cheap woman like you." Minhyuk took back his smile and stared at Chorong.

 

Watching Minhyuk's cold expression on his face, Chorong's eyes turned red and left before the first drop of tear ran out of her eyes. Seeing Chorong left, I didn't chase after her immediately. Instead, I clenched my fist and hit at Minhyuk's face hard. The girls around were a bit scared that they walked away quietly.

 

"Yah! What are you doing? You jerk!" Minhyuk touched his face where I hit on and stared at me hard. Then he hit hard on my face as revenge. I felt painful and a bit dizzy, but I told myself to keep clear-minded.

 

"You felt pain when Chorong said she wanted to break up with you right? Don't think that you are the only one who feel pain. Actually, how much pain you feel would be how much pain Chorong feel!" I shouted at him.

 

He was a bit surprised by what I said. He seemed not understanding what I mean, and he shouted," Yah! What do you mean? You win Chorong's heart, don't you? Are you here to laugh at me?"

 

I was extremely angry that I walked towards him and hit him again on the other side of his face.

 

"Chorong doesn't love me! She promised to marry me just because of my illness and my mother's persuasion! SHE LOVES YOU! Do you know how many tears she had dropped after she broke up with you? Do you know how hard she felt when she had to marry me but she actually loves you? You idiot!"

 

I was so angry that I shouted out very loudly. Suddenly, I felt dizzy again. But this time, no matter how hard I tried to keep myself awake, my sight just kept becoming more and more blurred. I heard Minhyuk calling my name, but I was not able to reply...