Pabo

Pabo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Babe, I’m here.” Chanyeol called out from downstairs, stretching his long leg out behind him to push the main door shut. He gripped on tightly to the pastel pink box in hand, checking his reflection in the huge, rectangular mirror immediately meeting him once he raised his head before he allowed his eyes to wander around the house he practically considered as his second home. The familiar white and mahogany brown palette the interior of her house was surrounded with then came into view.

He dropped the box he was holding on the table below the mirror to adjust the black snapback plump on his head, running a hand through his raspberry red hair and reversing the cap backwards, also stretching out the black sweater he had on after doing so. He heard the distinct sound of footsteps against the staircase beneath the muffled white noise coming from the always open television in the kitchen making him pick the box back up and turn around in time to see his girlfriend in a baggy shirt and a pair of cotton shorts heading downstairs, her gaze fixed on her phone, the small light gleaming on her white face.

“Hey.” He said, his signature toothy grin spreading itself widely across his face.

“Hey,” She mumbled back, attention still on the phone in hand as she reached the last steps and Chanyeol walked closer to her.

“I missed you.” Chanyeol reeled in, their heights equal as she stopped on the last step before hitting the ground floor, just about to plant a kiss on her cheek when she suddenly spoke.

Her face was scrunched up, pondering. “Hey, what’s this—“

“IT WAS BAEKHYUN’S IDEA!” He instantly defended without allowing her to finish her sentence.

She shifted her gaze away from her phone and cocked her head to the side at her boyfriend whose big eyes were even bigger now. “What was Baekhyun’s idea?” She calmly asked.

Chanyeol pursed his lips, realizing he spoke up too quickly for his own good. “Nothing, uh—“ He stammered, stepping back. “I brought cake! It’s matcha flavored so—“

“Yah Park Chanyeol,” She took the last step down following her boyfriend who was already scurrying away towards the kitchen. “What was Baekhyun’s idea?”

“Hey, you said you bought pork right?” He questioned, in an attempt to segue the conversation. “Have you eaten?”

“No and, what was Baekhyun’s idea?” Maggie repeated.

Chanyeol removed his snapback and dropped it on the nearest table along with the box of cake, and opened the door to the extension of the kitchen. “Oh, who am I kidding, of course you haven’t-- I can cook the por

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter