001

That Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

~~~


In the middle of 21st century, medicine reached its peak. It was now the replacement of the power to define the superiority of the country. 

They all thought that medicine is power. It can heal and extend someone's life, all the diseases who can't be cured before has its solution now.

Medicine is a great destroyer— an enemy. It can make someone's life to end in a blink, it can make undefinable diseases that no one knows.

Because of the range of medicine, all countries made such effort to have it— instead of improving the economy, their armies and nuclear weapons— medicine becomes the basis of the richness of one's place.

It was good ofcourse, but medicine becomes the religion— sciences and realistic things changed the people. Homouality isn't an issue now, male pregnancy is the great example of the influences that the medicine initiated, one capsule can change someone's life, it changes the genes of the person who take it without any side effects— and by changes, it means that because of it, the male can be fertile.

Medicine is a good companion on this era, that even having a family becomes optional.

And Luhan is one of those people who coped the big change.


~~~


Luhan sighs as he stares at the whiteboard with boresome, his co-doctors were having a little chichat or more on gossip about the new director.

"They said that he's a damn rich boy.." the cardio says to the other "his family bought this hospital for him.."

"Uhm, I heared that he's a good doctor too! not to count that he's good looking.." a female doctor giggles lightly.

Luhan yawn upon overhearing their conversation, obviously, he don't care whoever that boy is, what he wants right now is to fetch his son in his school— though early, atleast that's better.

The idle talks stopped when their heared the door clicks, the blond doctor straighten his figure for the sake of professionalism.

When a young looking man enters the scene, with his white and free stained coat that hangs in his thin figure, Luhan gape not so nice, his heartbeat went irregular, his stomach churn with mixed feelings.

"Good morning everyone!" The voice is firm and well "I'm Oh Sehun, your new hospital director!"

The room applause with claps that haunts Luhan's inner gut. When the director locked eyes with him, he knew how doomed he is.


~~~


"Luhan relax please, you're making me dizzy" Baekhyun says irritated while rubbing his stomach lightly "Luhan! You're making me stress right now, you know that it's not good to me!!"

"Sorry Baek, it was just— it was like.. you know? Oh my God!" Luhan stops suddenly, bitting his lip because of nervousness "I ing need to quit— yes, I'll quit because that's good, faraway this place, faraway from him, I need to bring my son— yes, that's the solution, Ba—"

"STOP PLEASE!" Baekhyun yells this time and stands to grab his bestfriend's shoulder and shake the damnation that's surrounding his stupid spirit. "Relax and let's discuss it slowly. So what if you saw him again? It's a one night stand! And he's oblivious about your son okay? No need to fret!"

"But Baekhyun, you didn't saw how Jin got almost his features and—"

"—you only need to do one thing Lu!" The bestfriend is determine to cut this nonsense problem "avoid him as long as possible— if you don't want any attachments, then, that is better!"

"Baekhyun, you don't know h—"

"LUHAN!" Baekhyun cuts "why are you so affected by the way? He can't do anything okay? You're safe as long as you'll not spill anything about Jin— listen Lu, it's a one night stand without any attachments, that is a very very long ago, NO NEED TO FRET OKAY?"

After Luhan blinks profusely and freezes to realize the words being spoken to him, he pouts like a child that Baekhyun facepalmed.

"Are you sure you're a parent?" Baekhyun scowls "Jin is much more mature than you to be very honest!"

"Baek—"

"Stop! I swear, stop that aegyo , Oh My God— Lu, don't put that face on me, I need to relax, I don't want any miscarriage because of you!" Baekhyun fans his self "Chanyeol will be here in any moment with Jin— do as what I told but— LUHAN! please stop that"

"Stop what?!" Luhan childishly asks, his face turn into eight rather than twenty five.

"That!" Baekhyun points on his bestfriend's existence "stop being childish, it doesn't fit you!"

"Then why you're so affected huh?"

"Oh my god, save me please.." Baekhyun is distressed but when the redlight from the car lighted the oh-so-wide yard of his bestfriend, he can feel how his feelings becomes heavenly. "And again Lu, do not fret and call me if ever something happens!"


~~~


"Daddy han, why did the salmon got lost?" Jin asks in his bed, pointing at the colored illustration of his color red bedtime book.

"Because baby, he's curious on how vast the sea is" Luhan says softly.

"Daddy, the salmon is lucky though!"

"Why you think that it is?"

"Because his parents seeks for him!" Jin giggles "Daddy han, if I got lost you will find me right?"

"Of course I will.." the blond smiles, Jin is his everything, he'll die if ever something bad happens to his only son.

"Daddy, we will also find my other Daddy so that we'll be a happy family!" Jin suggests, the father felt his world stopped at that "maybe he's lost and he needed us now!"

"B-baby, it's getting late! What do you think?" The father says, trying to switch the topic out there while gazing at the clock which his five year old son mimics.

"Ooh!" Jin pouts "goodnight now Daddy!!"

And as Luhan hums a song to his sleeping child, he thought that the other Daddy is not lost, he's just there, and they're hidding from him.


~~~


Sehun stares at the nightsky, his position in the terrace is the better place to appreciate it, in his hand stays the glass of wine, and as he lean on the railings of his so-called home, he can't help but to remember that night.

 

"I love your eyes, I want my child to have that!" A beautiful man says, Sehun gulped his drink that it burnt his throat. The person in front of him is breathtaking.

"If that is, let's undergo in the process" he's not a jerk— he is very much not a jerk, but maybe this night a little bad spirit isn't that bad right? A little unwinding will do.

"No attachments!" The person says softly on his face, his breath is suffocating Sehun's nose— they're so close, very close. "Just one night, you'll be fine with that?"

Though it's a bit unfair because Sehun felt being so attach to this stranger, he gulp his romanticism and go for his lust— his desire to have this man under him while his name "one night, ju—"

Before he can finish his words, the sophisticated being grabbed his collar— unknowingly his heart also.

They'd kissed, the kind of steaming hot that they shared.

"Let's bring it somewhere!" Sehun says lowly, gazing at the plump lips with hunger.

 

"Luhan..." the name rolls on his tounge unwittingly. After seeing him after almost six years, he don't know what to feel.

Happy? That's far from the betrayal the he endured. Anger? It is not suitable really.

What is? He asks again, but nothing comes out. Nothing.

 

"Mr. Oh, it was known that Luhan had a five year old child" the investigator says "here is the photograph"

Sehun hesistantly accepts it.

"His name is Jin.."

When the smiling boy stares back at him with those oh-so-familiar eyes in the picture, Sehun could swear that it was his own childhood picture that is fooling him right now.

"Where are they?" He asks not tearing his eyesight.

"Luhan is working in the hospi—"

"Buy it..." Sehun cuts him.

"Pardon?"

"I want to buy the hospital!" He says stern "find a way.."

"Yes, Mr. Oh"

 

If before he woke up with an empty space on the bed, with a note in table and nothing else. This time, he'll make sure that he'll not again.

It's because Sehun already loved him.


~~~


On the second

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter