chapter I

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, UMMA!

 Jessica Jung, 22 years old, a local of Korea. at the age of 15, she got pregnant after one week. She gave birth to a baby girl who she named Tiffany.

 


+++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

"Good morning umma!" Tiffany greeted her mother who just woke up from her deep sleep.

"What's good in the morning?!" Jessica snapped at her 7 year old daughter. "Get off of me." she stated firmly. Tiffany gets off from the bed.

"I made you some breakfast, Umma!" she said excitedly. Jessica glared at her daughter, "Did I ask you?" , the girl shook her head cutely. "Get out of my room now!" she yelled at the innocent girl who quickly obeyed her.

 

============================

 

 Dragon's Coffee Shop

 

"You know what, since I gave birth to Tiffany, my life became miserable." Jessica said as she took a sip on her latte. "Tiffany is an innocent girl, and though you are rude to her, she still loves you and always make you feel you special.. though you're not feeling it.." Yuri mumbled the last part. "You know what, every child is a gift, like my Krystal." she continued, playing the fingers of her baby girl.

"You have Minho, mine was an accident. Do you think I get some happiness when I look at her? All i can see was my nightmare everytime I look at her." Jessica said in an angry tone.

"Chill girl, you must learn how to accept you're daughter. She did nothing wrong. I don't know if you know this, but everytime we have our family time, I could see Tiffany's eyes filled with envy. I'm sure she wanted you to be like that with her." Yuri explained. Jessica mentally rolled her eyes, "Okay, I'm going, I have to meet Sunny."

 

===========================

 

"Hello. Sunny." Jessica greeted her friend.

"Hi Sica-ah~.. Oh, Seobaby, say hi to aunty!" Sunny said, showing her 4 year old baby girl.

"Hi aunty!" Seohyun said, bowing.

"Oh! What a cute and polite girl, just like Sungmin-oppa." Jessica complimented.

"Ssshh.. Nope, because of me!" Sunny stated proudly.

"Oh."

"Where's your daughter?? Sunny asked.

"Huh? Do I have one?" Jessica asked in a innocent tone. "Of course, fany-fany tiffany!"

"She's not my daughter okay?"

"But she's from you.."

"I don't care, she's just a heck of mistake." Jessica said.

"When will you learn to accept her? I mean she's your daughter no matter what." Sunny defended.

"You and Yuri said the same thing."

"Cause we both know that Tiffany is craving some love from her mother."

"Imma outta here." Jessica said. "Wait. Jung Soo-yeon." Sunny called out before she could totally exit the house, "You'll regret this."

 

=======================

 

Jessica and Tiffany's house

 

Jessica entered the house. 'odd' she thought to herself, usually she was greeted by Tiffany. She walked quietly inside the house, she stops when she hears a voice.

'umma loves me, does she? I will do everything to make her happy. She said i was just a mistake, and i'm her nightmare, all I want to do is---'

 

"I'll be happy if you're gone, I'm the happiest person in the world if that happens. And don't expect me to love you." she said.

"U-Umma? You're joking right?" Tiffany said, a tear rolled down her cheek.

"Do you think i'm joking?! Get out of my sight now!" Jessica yelled at the hopeless girl. Tiffany walked slowly while crying back to her room.

"I'm sure umma will surely be happy because of this," she said to herself as she scribbled some notes on a pink paper.

 

====================

 

Next Morning

 

No sign of Tiffany inside jessica's room. Silence was occupying the whole house accompanied by Jessica's steady breathing.

 

*Jessica's dream*

 

Tiffany was sitting on the grass, she was wearing a white dress, she was talking to a man sitting beside her. "Does umma loves me?" she asked the man holding her hands.

"Your umma loves you no matter what," the man said to Tiffany.

"but she said she'll be happy if i'm gone." she said sadly.

"Oh.. no,no,no,.. she didn't mean to say that."

"Really?!"  Tiffany showed her first eyesmile at the man. Jessica felt jealous at the man because she thinks that smile was for her. "Umma?" Tiffany called her mother who looked like spacing out.

"Come here baby," she said, spreading her arms wide and welcomed the little figure running towards her.

"Who is he?" Jessica asked softly at her daughter.

"A friend."

"You have other friends aside Krystal and Seohyun?" she asked.

"Actually, i met him last night."

"Oh, is he nice?" 

"Nicer that you could ever imagine." she said while giggling. "Oh, I gotta go now, he is calling me, he said were going to his place, were everything was nice and peaceful. A place where i could have more friends." she said, hugging and kissing her mother for the last time. "Bye!"

"Bye baby! Be careful!" Jessica said, kissing her daughter's forehead.

"Saranghaeyo Umma! Saeng-il Chukka hamnida!" she said then ran away.

"Kamsahamnida, nado saranghaeyo!"

 

==========================

 

 Then she woke up with up from her deep slumber with a smile on her face. "i'm sorry Tiff. for treating you like that. I realized that you're very important to me. From now on, i'll be a good and responsible umma to you." she said, particularly to no one.

 She walked out of her room and straight ahead to Tiffany's room. But before she could enter the room, a small pink box caught her attention. She quickly opens it and read the small pink note.

 

'Umma,

            I ask aunt yuri and aunt Sunny how to make those bracelet and necklace.. happy birthday Umma!"

 

--Tiffany'

 

"So cute," she said as she wore her gift from Tiffany. She made her way inside the room, she sits beside her daughter whose lying on the bed, another pink note cuaght her attention.

 

'Happy Birthday umma! i have a special gift to you.. I know you don't want to see me again so i decided to go now. That's the only thing that i know that will make you happy.

 

Love,

Tiffany'

 

She then panicked and start to check her daughter. There's no pulse on her neck and she noticed a blood on her daughter's wrists. Her tears fall endlessly as she realized what her daughter have done to her. "Why do you have to follow my words? Sunny's right, i'll regret." she then hugged the lifeless body of her daughter, "Wake up now.. Umma is here.."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

============== Fin ================